More lame, GSP not defending belt or Conor not defending?

They're both ducks of the highest level. That's why despite being caught twice, Andy and Jones are still considered ahead of them by most real MMA fans.
<{silvanormal}>
Conor is worse. GSP was a machine at 170 for years. Nothing left to prove in the sport.

conor is still in his prime and hasnt defended a single strap. not one.

gsp coulda had the strap even longer then he did if he didnt vacate in 2013, hes got nothing left to prove. he left while on top of the game, P4P #1

its not even close

Right now, Conor is the loser in this discussion since he is holding up the divisions. But if Conor defends, then GSP is lamer.

GSP signed a contract that stating he would defend it if he got a MW title shot. GSP has also said in the past that if he moved up to MW, it would be a permanent move. He got the title shot against a weak MW champion in Bisping and after he won, he vacated the belt instead of honoring his word. So GSP didn't keep his word and lied which works against his whole honorable martial artist persona he has going for him. Lost some respect for him in that regard, makes him out to be an opportunist.

both of these guys should be defending their belts. I know that there is reasons their not, GSP is not meant for MW blah blah, and Conor is making shitloads boxing but .....

Now that's over Conor needs to defend. So does GSP, as he can beat the MW champ he can beat others as well.

I personally also think they'd both win and finish and retain their belts if they were to defend.

GSP is scared, Conor is busy. You do the math.

Holding the most exciting division in combat sports hostage is inexcusable. Conor is a weasel.

Conor is in a weight class where his opponents are his size

GSP is in a weight class where he's outweighed by at least 10 lbs (dude was only 191 lbs on fight night)

Conor is in a weight class where his opponents are his size

GSP is in a weight class where he's outweighed by at least 10 lbs (dude was only 191 lbs on fight night)
This
Gsp has had to eat himself sick to still be an underaized looking mw
Conor is fine at lw

I don't think GSP ever had any intention of defending the belt. He saw a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and grabbed it. Made him a good bit of money, strengthened his legacy all the while it extended his relevancy in the MMA sphere. A really strategic move, my hat is off for him!

Conor has done a lot of really smart moves but to me it seems that he has kind of lost the plot a bit now. As a UFC-champ he might be done but as a very rich man with a true household name he will keep building his wealth. I just hope he does not spiral completely out of control while appreciating all the good things his life has to offer.

At least GSP vacated his belt within a few weeks. Conor never defended a belt in his whole life and is still pretending to be the FW champ, because he never 'lost' it. The way it looks now, MAYBE he is defending it in March, maybe...

It's actually a tough one, because Conor is the king of ducking title defenses, but at least he has done it for money.

As much as I hate Conor, I also respect that as a businessman you have to chase the money. That said a Nate rematch and a fight with Floyd supersede fights with Nurmagomedov, Ferguson, Aldo or Edgar.

Georges on the other hand was just plain sneaky. Never had any intention of staying at the weight and only went up because it was Bisping.

At least Conor had the balls to fight dos Anjos, like that was going to be a horrible match-up for him if it got to the ground.

GSP is the champ Conor likes to pretend he is.

GSP vacated his belt because he knows he has no chance against Whittaker or really anyone else in the MW division, Conor hasn't vacated because he's still the champ and isn't ducking anybody. He hasn't been scared to fight the best throughout his career so why would he start now? Reasoin he hasn't fought is that he just fought 4 months ago in the biggest fight in sports history and it took him 6 months to prepare for that fight, the UFC did not meet his demands for him to headline UFC 219 + Tony got injured so he is forced to fight next year instead.

Please stop this non-sense that Conor is ducking any of the guys. That's not who Conor is.

both of these guys should be defending their belts. I know that there is reasons their not, GSP is not meant for MW blah blah, and Conor is making shitloads boxing but .....

Now that's over Conor needs to defend. So does GSP, as he can beat the MW champ he can beat others as well.

I personally also think they'd both win and finish and retain their belts if they were to defend.

gsp had the integrity to vacate. conor is out cheating on his partner and getting in bar fights and has no real reason to hold on to the belt, since he isnt interested in fighting.

It’s simple

Gsp has defended belt multiple times

Conor never has

Conor is the lamest champ ever

GSP at least admits he's not cut out for the MW division and gave up his belt. There is no excuse for Conor not having defended yet. About time White grows a pair with him.

About equal if Conor never defends. I don’t think Conor intended on never fighting in the UFC again if he doesn’t though. The Mayweather thing was more of a pipedream at first.

I think Conor will come back and defend. If he doesn’t, it’s wack. Though, Conor has taken huge risks to his legacy on short notice fighters and stuff. This would be one pussy move after a bunch of ballsy ones. GSP built his career on pussy moves.

Back