More impressive - Nate rocking Conor or Conor dropping Nate?

Both were really impressive and surprised me. I didn't think short-notice Nate would rock Conor like that and win the fight. After seeing that, I didn't give Conor a chance in the rematch. This is why I don't gamble.

More impressive was Nate though in my opinion because it resulted in him finishing the fight.

id say khabib and tony are more like messi and ronaldo.. what has nate accomplished besides his win over conor..

hqdefault.jpg
michael-johnson-nate-diaz-mma-ufc-fight-night-diaz-vs-johnson-1.jpg
diaz3.jpg
usa-today-9161393.0.jpg

Nate has fought way tougher competition than Khabib and Tony combined. Nate smoked Michael Johnson who beat Ferguson. Nate beat Conor TWICE.
Who has Khabib beaten besides Michael Johnson and Barbosa?

Yea people like to shit on Conor for those fights. The reality is anyone else other than Nate eating those shots would have been KOed several times. his chin was unreal in both fights.
Nate sees the punches and moves with them but seems too slow to avoid them. Nick is the same. Luckily they have great chins.

Well, the fight taking place at 170 where Nate could be at his absolute best / fill out his frame definitely didn't hurt.

I feel a lot of people seem to either forget the fight took place at 170 or maybe just don't factor It into the equation.
Nate appeared to be at his absolute best against MJ and that was 55

What an inspired, original thread. Keep up the good work TS.

Nate appeared to be at his absolute best against MJ and that was 55
Up until that point, MJ was probably the best he'd looked.

This was after he took a year off, complaining he wasn't being paid enough and prob spent like a year just boxing.

Nate's spoken pretty openly about his weight cut though. It's rough, he has to eat raw vegan and restrict a lot. Without a doubt, him at 170 where his frame Is filled out Is where he can perform his absolute best.

Nate rocking Conor was more Conor was tired, Conor really rocked Nate though.

Well, the fight taking place at 170 where Nate could be at his absolute best / fill out his frame definitely didn't hurt.

I feel a lot of people seem to either forget the fight took place at 170 or maybe just don't factor It into the equation.

Nate has looked and fought his best at 155, not 170

Nate has looked and fought his best at 155, not 170
You really think that Nate has looked best at 155 where he has to cut a significant amount more weight, where his frame Is stick like and he has zero muscle?

I'm curious what fights you were watching against Conor. That was the best Nate has ever looked.

Nate's last run at 170 was 7 years ago, not sure If you're factoring that Into the equation but It's irrelevant.

Nate rocking Conor was more Conor was tired, Conor really rocked Nate though.

rory-macdonald-vs-nate-diaz-ufc-129-welterweight-bout-held-at-rogers-DB5HRJ.jpg
VNpVxZ9.jpg
Nate-Diaz-giving-Ben-Henderson-the-finger.jpg

Conor is pillow fisted compared to serial killers who Nate has fought. If Rory MacDonald, Benson Henderson and Rafael Dos Santos couldn't finish Nate...Conor never had a chance in hell.

just because you fall, doesn't mean you're rocked... especially if you got Nates ground game and doesn't mind if Conor follows him there.

Conor was Definitely rocked.

Both were really impressive and surprised me. I didn't think short-notice Nate would rock Conor like that and win the fight. After seeing that, I didn't give Conor a chance in the rematch. This is why I don't gamble.

More impressive was Nate though in my opinion because it resulted in him finishing the fight.
The Diaz camp getting that fight at 170 was genius really.

It was like the perfect storm which led to Conor's defeat. MMA is really a simulated fight to the death of sorts and that night, Conor was killed.

Nate's the kind of guy who needed a big fight, a big name / big money to reach into himself and pull out his full potential as a fighter and Conor was definitely that guy. That fight was Intense when you really think about It, was def some kill or be killed shit.

Odd question

I guess Nate because it (somewhat) led to a finish

AVeLmMU.png
/thread

Conor's first eight minutes in the rematch were insane. Beat Nate to the punch again and again, and hit him very hard.

Actually with that in mind I'm most impressed by Nate's durability and how well he came back at the end of the second round and the latter part of the third in Conor/Nate II.
Conor will never fight him again. Conor always ends things when he's on top. Only thing you may see in a MMA bought with Mayweather. Otherwise you'll see him stripped before you ever see him defend. He's an insecure manlet keyboard warrior.

Conor will never fight him again. Conor always ends things when he's on top. Only thing you may see in a MMA bought with Mayweather. Otherwise you'll see him stripped before you ever see him defend. He's an insecure manlet keyboard warrior.
Uh, OK. Not sure how that is relevant to what I wrote tbh. Conor fought well, Nate fought well.

EDIT: should add that I personally don't want them to fight again. Pointless fight.

Yea but he didn't end up on top...literally seconds away from being finished AGAIN 2nd time by Nate.

They'll definitely fight again. He will continue to get a lot of shit from the community until he gets that one back In more dominant fashion. Which is likely to happen If the fight takes place at 155 pounds. Even the boxing community was shitting on him, lol.

For that reason, It'll happen. It's Important for his reputation.

At the same time, timing is everything. Nobody wants to see that fight right now.

It will make far more sense after he fights the winner of Tony / Khabib.

Assuming negotiations go well and Conor is paid appropriately, I believe he'll be back.

That's the biggest battle being fought at the moment, money. Conor fighting to be paid what Top level boxers have been paid In terms of percentages of revenue for generations.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion as Is everyone else.

I would imagine you were one of the people saying the Mayweather fight would never happen as well.

The community always believes some crazy shit and they're almost always wrong.

Back