more fighters should have long hair

I seem to remember KJ Noons specifically complaining about his long hair after his loss to Diaz

Long hair can cost you a decision. Getting punched and having your hair whip around makes the strike look more significant.

giphy.gif

I seem to remember KJ Noons specifically complaining about his long hair after his loss to Diaz

He could have attempted about 50 more strikes in that fight if he wasn't pawing at his hair so much.

I understand that the style now adays is the super fade slick that conor made popular but tbh i dont think it has productive aspects to fighting.

Bernard Hopkins said that the top of your head is your helmet. The chin is what you protect.

So imo having a fro or shaggy hair would benefit my adding another layer to your "helmet".
All things considered that old bastard has done very well but it's funny you menton him because i watched a recent interview and he has some brain damage. He isn't as articulate and is all over the place speaking in fragments. He's not punch drunk but he has taken some damage for sure.

It's christmas so I'm going to let you troll on for today too. No flames from me

All things considered that old bastard has done very well but it's funny you menton him because i watched a recent interview and he has some brain damage. He isn't as articulate and is all over the place speaking in fragments. He's not punch drunk but he has taken some damage for sure.

It's christmas so I'm going to let you troll on for today too. No flames from me

Interesting because Hopkins was so great at avoiding any real damage in his matches, and was a great commentator/analyst for HBO and Lampley's TFG, and I haven't noticed anything wrong with his speech...

Still, his KO against Smith was pretty bad so it really wouldn't surprise me if he did sound a bit off.

Interesting because Hopkins was so great at avoiding any real damage in his matches, and was a great commentator/analyst for HBO and Lampley's TFG, and I haven't noticed anything wrong with his speech...

Still, his KO against Smith was pretty bad so it really wouldn't surprise me if he did sound a bit off.
It's not real bad. Just noticable compared to say 10 years ago or even 2 years ago. It's going to be a long time before we see a fighter like that again. He showed what older people can achieve if they have the drive and diet. Since you're a fellow fan I would like to share this one and see if maybe I'm imagining it. real subtle but there IMO and I've always enjoyed his commentary.

"i would like to see more men with longer flowing hair. ".....

..... said no straight-man ever.

That's an absurd statement. If you believe what you wrote then you believe that almost all male rock musicians and almost all male fans of rock music are gay since there is no place where you can see more men with "longer flowing hair" than at rock concerts, especially in the 70s and 80s . In the 70s even The Rolling Stones had long hair. In the 70s and 80s a ton of rock musicians, especially hard rock and heavy metal musicians had long hair and since their fans wanted to be like them, they had long hair too. In fact, when Metallica cut their hair short after having had long hair since their debut in the early 80s, there was a huge backlash of Metallica and who were upset with Metallica for "selling out" by going for a more mainstream, ordinary look with their new, relatively short haircuts.

What makes your statement even more absurd is that in an industry where hard rock and heavy metal singers with long, flowing hair is the norm, two notable exceptions were Freddy Mercury and Rob Hlalford. They were well known for their unusualyl (for the genre of music) short hair as well as their incredible vocal talent. Both men were openly gay and Halford is still alive so he still is openly gay. That doesn't stop the overwhelmingly heterosexual fanbase Judas Priest has from going to their concerts and enjoying their music.

Last edited:
That's an absurd statement. If you believe what you wrote then you believe that almost all male rock musicians and almost all male fans of rock music are gay since there is no place where you can see more men with "longer flowing hair" than at rock concerts, especially in the 70s and 80s . In the 70s even The Rolling Stones had long hair. In the 70s and 80s a ton of rock musicians, especially hard rock and heavy metal musicians had long hair and since their fans wanted to be like them, they had long hair too. In fact, when Metallica cut their hair short after having had long hair since their debut in the early 80s, there was a huge backlash of Metallica and who were upset with Metallica for "selling out" by going for a more mainstream, ordinary look with their new, relatively short haircuts.

What makes your statement even more absurd is that in an industry where hard rock and heavy metal singers with long, flowing hair is the norm, two notable exceptions were Freddy Mercury and Rob Hlalford. They were well known for their unusualyl (for the genre of music) short hair as well as their incredible vocal talent. Both men were openly gay and Halford is still alive so he still is openly gay. That doesn't stop the overwhelmingly heterosexual fanbase Judas Priest has from going to their concerts and enjoying their music.
it was a jioke triggered-boi . I grew up on Metallica, and had hair down my back when a teenager. I was just razzin the op.

it was a jioke triggered-boi . I grew up on Metallica, and had hair down my back when a teenager. I was just razzin the op.

Alright, You know how sometimes things cn get misinterpreted in the internet since unlike actually talking to someone there is no tone of voice, facial expressions, etc. I grew up on Metallica too. I had to go to an import record shop to buy Kill "Em All when it came out because none of the other record stores in my area carried albums released on labels like Megaforce or whatever label Kill Em All was on. I think it was Megaforce. It was at that store (Yesterday and Today records) that I also bought the first Slayer and Mercyful Fate albums. Those were great times. There was just so damn much good metal coming out on a monthly basis.

The first time I saw Metallica was on their tour for Master Of Puppets. They are opening for Ozzy on his Ultimate Sin tour and so I got to see Metallica with Cliff Burton. You've gotta respect Ozzy for being willing to follow Metallica in those days!

Merry Christmas!

Back