More corners need to start throwing in the towel

It's a foul that results in an automatic loss for that corner's fighter.

Yeah, the ref is going to call it if he sees a towel come in. The corner can call a fight in between rounds.

I have to kinda agree with it being CB's fault for not just tapping. I kinda feel like CB was either waiting to be saved by the bell, or saved by the ref. He was saved by the bell, and the ref even asked him if he wanted to continue and he bitched out. So in my opinion, he should have just tapped if he didn't want to fight anymore.

If it were illegal, Nick Diaz wouldn’t have done it.

Considering Nick Diaz's no-fucks-given personality, this isn't the most convincing of arguments.

Why blame anyone but cb? If all you're gonna do is curl up and roll to your belly just tap the fuck out instead of waiting for someone to save you. Waiting on the "save" should be viewed as a bigger bitch move than tapping out. If you're done tap and move along, next fight please.

Geez, you sound like a grown up who understands what responsibility means. The fuck you doin' around here?

If they throw the towel in then they might not be guaranteed their $$ for training him to get his ass kicked

His corner was negligent but they have a vested interest to win. Herb was inches from CB staring down at him. He's the person that calls off the fight.

The coaches did blame themselves afterwards.
I think it's due to a taboo reasoning, and that the coaches we're scared to tarnish CB's image as a quitter, just my opinion.
Its probably best if all coaches loose that old school thinking and place a fighters health above all

Cornermen are literally petrified of being the guy that gets hated cause they threw in the towel too early.

If it starts happening, I’m sure there will be some early stoppages eventually.

But in my opinion, that’s worth it for fighter safety.
I'm sure that plays a role but I doubt most of them even discuss such a possibility.
Got nothing though, just guessing here.

The coaches did blame themselves afterwards.
I think it's due to a taboo reasoning, and that the coaches we're scared to tarnish CB's image as a quitter, just my opinion.
Its probably best if all coaches loose that old school thinking and place a fighters health above all
Aye. It's the new school that is thoughtless and they end up unprepared in such occasions.

I cant lie, I really enjoyed watching CB's lifeless body get beat to a pulp.

But ya, enough blaming the ref, those cunts in his corner should have threw in the towel, they're the ones who are supposed to give a shit about the fighter, wtf were they doing all that time?

His corner was negligent but they have a vested interest to win. Herb was inches from CB staring down at him. He's the person that calls off the fight.
Still though, the referee's are always saying that they have the fighters health as their interest, didnt really display that in this.

They are either scared the fighter will resent it and switch camps...

Or

They are hoping for their bets to pay off or hoping to take a % of the win bonus.

Or

They feared the towel wouldn’t be seen by Herb because he was paying no attention to what was going on and may be blind as a bat.

herbs a good ref, was giving him a chance.. This is fighting after all.... fights are stopped to early now a days

Still though, the referee's are always saying that they have the fighters health as their interest, didnt really display that in this.
Yup, thats what Im saying, Herb was ultimately responsible. Hopefully this doesnt start a trend of fights stopping early from the public backlash.

They both deserve blame.

But really, what the hell was up with Herb?

Back