Moral Question/Debate V1 - Telltale's The Walking Dead - If YOU were Lee, would you drop Ben?

If YOU were Lee, you would have...

• ...let him go.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread is for those who have played, and completed, TellTale's The Walking Dead Season 1.

If you haven't played it, please don't vote in the poll but click on 'View Results.'

Obviously, Big Spoilers, but it's an old game, so if you haven't played it already you probably won't.

---------------

Rather than make a long post about Ben's biography in the game, and retread the moral debate about both sides of the choice at the ending if Episode 4, I'll simpily ask -

If YOU were Lee, what choice would you make?

...pulled him up?

...let him go?

And this isn't specifically asking what was the choice you made the first time you played the game, because most players make the 'good' choices in their first playthrough.

But in this circumstance, as well as many in Telltale's games, the 'good' choice isn't simple one to make. Hence, the topic of this thread.

I'll post my opinion in a few days, because I don't want to influence the results, for what they wished they choose.

I can't remember the circumstances surrounding this situation, or the option I chose. Didn't he mess up something really important before this? Like getting someone killed with his negligence or something?

I can't remember the circumstances surrounding this situation, or the option I chose. Didn't he mess up something really important before this? Like getting someone killed with his negligence or something?

In short, there wasn't much that Ben did that had positive consequences for the group.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_Paul_(Video_Game)

"This list shows the victims Ben has killed:
  • Carley (Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
  • Doug (Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
  • Kenny Jr. (Indirectly Caused)
  • Katjaa (Indirectly Caused)
  • Charles (Indirectly Caused)
  • Brie (Indirectly Caused, Alive)"
And, at the beginning of Episode 4, he abandoned Clem to be eaten by walkers.

In short, there wasn't much that Ben did that had positive consequences for the group.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_Paul_(Video_Game)

"This list shows the victims Ben has killed:
  • Carley (Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
  • Doug (Indirectly Caused, Determinant)
  • Kenny Jr. (Indirectly Caused)
  • Katjaa (Indirectly Caused)
  • Charles (Indirectly Caused)
  • Brie (Indirectly Caused, Alive)"
And, at the beginning of Episode 4, he abandoned Clem to be eaten by walkers.

I've really gotta go back and play season 1 again. I'm pretty sure I saved him, I vaguely remember him being upset that I didn't let him fall.

Back