Moral Outrage: ICE Detains/Deports Man who was Driving his Pregnant Wife to Deliver Their Baby

I don't think they tried to do anything, I think they're just bad at their jobs.

You're implying some level of conspiracy that would require incredibly more competence, coordination, and secrecy.. and I just don't see it there.

Someone wrote a bad story. A bunch of other idiots copy pasted it. When everyone realized it was a bad story and they're all idiots for copy pasting they issued corrections. End of story.

Interesting they only seem bad and lazy when it comes to one side

Lol. You’ve accused Fox of lying in this thread. So bad reporting does not apply to them

Interesting they only seem bad and lazy when it comes to one side

Lol. You’ve accused Fox of lying in this thread. So bad reporting does not apply to them

FOX was peddling Seth Rich conspiracies for months till his parents threatened legal action.

There's levels to this shit, and Rupert Murdoch is the undisputed heavy weight champion of bullshit.

So excuse me for not taking the FOX/Breitbart/Infowars crowd seriously when they feign outrage over news inaccuracies and make pretend they're not being biased about it.

You guys prefer this sort of news reporting when it suits you.

Just look at the Millennials in Tajikistan thread that is so poorly represented. A thread in which right wingers laugh at dead Americans because they've been misled by the article and continue to laugh despite the corrections.

So long as the MSM falsely reports it as a dry fart when it's in fact a wet one.

Seriously, for all the "gotcha" non-stories, this one is one of the worst and most shamelessly pedantic. Hell, most of the "MSM" and "left blogosphere" reported the facts included in the OP, but I suppose that since some did not and only included the most central facts (an undocumented immigrant was detained while driving his pregnant wife) it's therefore propaganda and fake news.

You are cherry picking and you know it.

"and only included the most central facts (an undocumented immigrant was detained while driving his pregnant wife)"

No way Jose, the most central fact here is that a suspected murderer was apprehended.

My only outrage is if they let his wife into America to successfully have an anchor baby

Now it seems he was not actually wanted for murder, but for merely being an illegal immigrant. ICE has changed their reason for arresting him:

"In a statement on Saturday, an ICE spokeswoman defended the arrest, saying that he "was brought to ICE's attention due to an outstanding warrant issued for his arrest in Mexico on homicide charges".

However, a statement on Friday made no mention of a murder charge, instead saying he was arrested for "illegally residing in the United States".

Mr Aronna-Lara's lawyers say they can find no record in Mexico of a warrant for his arrest, adding that he may have been mistaken for his brother, who has served jail time in Mexico.

Mr Arrona-Lara's legal representative, Emilio Amaya Garcia, said that his client's detention paperwork indicate that he is being held for entering the US illegally.

In an interview with the Washington Post, he questioned why his client was scheduled for deportation but not extradition if he was wanted on such serious criminal charges in Mexico.

In cases of extradition, a suspect is formally handed over to authorities in the country where the person is charged with a crime.

"For us, the issue is not so much the arrest, but the fact that ICE acted in total disregard for health and the well-being of the mother," Mr Garcia said."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45251249

Now it seems he was not actually wanted for murder, but for merely being an illegal immigrant. ICE has changed their reason for arresting him:

"In a statement on Saturday, an ICE spokeswoman defended the arrest, saying that he "was brought to ICE's attention due to an outstanding warrant issued for his arrest in Mexico on homicide charges".

However, a statement on Friday made no mention of a murder charge, instead saying he was arrested for "illegally residing in the United States".

Mr Aronna-Lara's lawyers say they can find no record in Mexico of a warrant for his arrest, adding that he may have been mistaken for his brother, who has served jail time in Mexico.

Mr Arrona-Lara's legal representative, Emilio Amaya Garcia, said that his client's detention paperwork indicate that he is being held for entering the US illegally.

In an interview with the Washington Post, he questioned why his client was scheduled for deportation but not extradition if he was wanted on such serious criminal charges in Mexico.

In cases of extradition, a suspect is formally handed over to authorities in the country where the person is charged with a crime.

"For us, the issue is not so much the arrest, but the fact that ICE acted in total disregard for health and the well-being of the mother," Mr Garcia said."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45251249

So it's the old "They look all the same to me" thing.

Oh well. Another day, another illegal thrown out of the country. *Yawn*

Insistence on linguistic precision is always appreciated in my threads.

To be fair, a linguistic error would be him making an error in the structure of the language. He said something that was false, regardless of how he used the language.

Fuck him...send him back. I hope he never sees his *children again. *Fuck him

Remember when media actually had to vet their stories. Not anymore.

It's better to be first than it is to be right. Journalism 2018.

I love how some in here defend it.. The usual suspects.

Last edited:
Fuck him...send him back. I hope he never sees his choking again Buck him

Remember when media actually had to vet their stories. Not anymore.

It's better to be first than it is to be right. Journalism 2018.

I love how some in here defend it.. The usual suspects.

Did you see where ICE is now saying there is no murder charge? The mistake seems to have been their fault, not the medias. The guy was dealt with harshly because ICE thought they thought Mexico had a murder charge on him. They did what they were supposed to do. The media turned out to be right for the wrong reason.

Last edited:
Did you see where ICE is now saying there is no murder charge?

Link us to it.

It seems to me that ICE hasn't changed its story: Arrona-Lara is wanted for homicide in Mexico. He was singled out for deportation for this reason.

You're not reading that correctly. ICE issued two statements, one on Friday and one on Saturday. In the first statement, ICE gave a bland, general statement. On Saturday, ICE specified that Arrona-Lara is wanted for homicide in Mexico. That's the most recent status.

Ahhh you're right, jesus....

There was no bias in the article. I didn't notice which statement from ICE came first. The mistake was mine.
I think @ShadowRun has a point. If one only browses the article, it would be easy to come out with the misunderstanding that you did. I can see no reason to invert the chronological order of events as the BBC writer did.

I think @ShadowRun has a point. If one only browses the article, it would be easy to come out with the misunderstanding that you did. I can see no reason to invert the chronological order of events as the BBC writer did.

However, a statement on Friday made no mention of a murder charge, instead saying he was arrested for "illegally residing in the United States"."

I dunno, it's pretty clear when I read it now. I just flubbed it, but sure maybe others might too.

However, a statement on Friday made no mention of a murder charge, instead saying he was arrested for "illegally residing in the United States"."

I dunno, it's pretty clear when I read it now. I just flubbed it, but sure maybe others might too.
Right, and if the order of those two paragraphs had been flipped, I don't think you would have misread it. Try this:

A statement on Friday made no mention of a murder charge, but on Saturday an ICE spokeswoman defended the arrest, saying that Arrona-Lara "was brought to ICE's attention due to an outstanding warrant issued for his arrest in Mexico on homicide charges".

It's noble of you to take the blame, but I blame the BBC more than you here.

Back