Moose is nice, but selfish. He doesnt represent any promotion hes in.

I used to like him when he was himself and humble... the attitude and sudden turn to parroting Conor bothered me especially when he disrescpected Machida then got KTFO
Not sure who you're talking about...are you saying Machida K Moose TFO?

Not sure who you're talking about...are you saying Machida K Moose TFO?

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_4.gif

The promotion should represent the fighters, not the other way around.

Nope. It's a two way street. All the promotion can do is say, "HEY! CONSUMER! LOOK OVER HERE!" and then it's up to the fighters to be unique/engaging/exciting enough to hold their attention.

The promotion is a lot more then "window dressing". If it was just fighters then orgs like Pride and Strikeforce would still exist today because we would tune in to see the best fighters and in return they'd have the revenue to support the product.

Affliction proved that just because you assemble big names it doesn't mean it will sell well enough to sustain an org..

Hardcore fans will tune in regardless of the promotion. But no org is going to survive on us hard core fans alone. If we all watched just because of the "skill" being displayed guys like DJ would sell great and the numbers prove they don't.

Everyone has to work together to be successful. All fans should understand its a business first in sports. The people taking the biggest risk in the money department of the business are usually the ones that benefit the most from making money. Right or wrong its just the way it works. Just most sports with long running histories have had time to even out the splitting of the profits better. In MMA or directly UFC, has only had a little over decade of even making money. We all know fighters should get more. But we have to understand it all takes time to trickle down from the top.

Exactly.

Who gives a shit about charisma.

I thought I was watching cagefighting. I'm interested in skill, not charisma.

arguably, the majority of fans. though most don't admit it, or maybe even know it.

he and a few others are old school; they think their job is to fight, and if they're one of the best, then they should get paid one of the best wages. Aldo is another.

most people in the industry (including fans) acknowledge that fan favorites pay the bills, not those with the best skills.

when Sage gets paid more than Mousasi, it's a shitty little paradox for some of us most ardent fight fans, eh? (pardon my exaggeration)

Last edited:
He unselfishly did UFC promo tours after his contract expired and before he signed with Bellator. I do believe he was the victim of racism in UFC, and don't blame him for speaking up and defending himself more lately.

I'm not surprised he doesn't "represent", he looks uncomfortable doing any form of promotional duties (many people would feel the same way) plus he's obviously a bit jaded after being undervalued & overlooked by the orgs he's worked for.
He looked comfortable doing those recent UFC post fight press conf one on ones where he spoke his mind regardless of political correctness, as well as his YouTube joke segment.

Back