Montreal to Lift Controversial Pitbull Ban

Well i suppose it depends.
This is a pitbull "type" dog that is similar in size to both of them. Would you still rather fight it over a bob cat?
staffordshire-bull-terrier-9f023-12.jpg

And it looks like a walking cinberblock of muscle loaded with bear-trap like jaws.

I am sure it is someone's cutie, but if that cutie gets out of hand I hope someone has a revolver and punchknife on their person.

And it looks like a walking cinberblock of muscle loaded with bear-trap like jaws.

I am sure it is someone's cutie, but if that cutie gets out of hand I hope someone has a revolver and punchknife on their person.
It's a show line dog, it's meant to look at square and perfect like that. Staffy's are midgets and they actually are adorable compared to the other breeds. They can seriously mess up a kid but it's highly unlikley they are going to take down a full grown adult at around 30lbs

It's a show line dog, it's meant to look at square and perfect like that. Staffy's are midgets and they actually are adorable compared to the other breeds. They can seriously mess up a kid but it's highly unlikley they are going to take down a full grown adult at around 30lbs

Your devotion to loving and protecting canines is amiable in many respects, but you may consider that some dogs are much more likely to kill or maim others, people, or others based on their linage and upbringing.

I wish the woman who kept two pitbulls had listened to the fears she no doubt kept buried in her heart when the cuddly critters acted as occasional brutes.

The line between nature and domestication is not one that anyone wants to see broken in a dog like that, and to be honest, I do not want that 30 pound dog locked around my Achilles tendon.

Let alone his much, much larger brothers.

We have to make some distractions here, having certain dogs who do have a lineage to kill, maim, or otherwise wreak havoc when out of control, need to have more controls per weight, breed, and anything else we can reasonably establish as dangerous in most cases.

We should all be able to get behind some clear minded regulations and penalties for the irresponsible, that will also help the image of the responsible and of the dogs if the killings and maimings are reduced.

Your devotion to loving and protecting canines is amiable in many respects, but you may consider that some dogs are much more likely to kill or maim others, people, or others based on their linage and upbringing.
Yea actually i totally believe that these breeds are more susceptible to attacking than others due to their high prey drive. I have been saying it this entire time but i am being confused for an apologist for many because i refute bogus statistics and am seeking alternative solutions to a problem while they do not.

Yea actually i totally believe that these breeds are more susceptible to attacking than others due to their high prey drive. I have been saying it this entire time but i am being confused for an apologist for many because i refute bogus statistics and am seeking alternative solutions to a problem while they do not.

I see I see.

What would you do then to alleviate the practical problem and fears?

I see I see.

What would you do then to alleviate the practical problem and fears?
Regulate these dogs along with every other large and powerful breed. Harsher penalties for all parties including breeders for recklessness making it criminal to be a back yard breeder and parents for leaving children unattended in the event of an attack. All dogs to be leashed at all times and potentially requiring a license to own anything that can potentially kill a person.

Would a mandatory license and training stop these attacks or are they like this by nature?

They need to stop handing pits to uneducated rednecks and ghettos like candies.

Everyone should be able to own tigers because you know...banning something out right just doesnt work.

Would a mandatory license and training stop these attacks or are they like this by nature?

They need to stop handing pits to uneducated rednecks and ghettos like candies.

No. It wont.

Regulate these dogs along with every other large and powerful breed. Harsher penalties for all parties including breeders for recklessness making it criminal to be a back yard breeder and parents for leaving children unattended in the event of an attack. All dogs to be leashed at all times and potentially requiring a license to own anything that can potentially kill a person.

Wont do fuck all.

That is all 100% reasonable and I do not see why most reasonable people would disagree with you.

Maybe the message is lost somewhere in the passions over for/against these dogs.

But anyone weary of pitbulls, or for pitbulls, should be able to read that answer and say "makes sense."

Wont do fuck all.

Caveat: Trolls and moRans such as this will not agree, but they are only 20% of the electorate and usually stay home to do something trollish/MoRanish rather than vote.

Everyone should be able to own tigers because you know...banning something out right just doesnt work.
Tiger Bans don't work
How many people are killed by tigers in a year?
There are approximately 85 or fewer people killed and injured by tigers each year. These deaths and injuries are not all deliberate; many are accidental. The incidents involving death or injuries are reported together in the statistics, as reported by the BBC.

One of the most respected pieces of feline literature, Tigers of the World, estimates that 373,000 people were killed by tigers between 1800 and 2009.

That is all 100% reasonable and I do not see why most reasonable people would disagree with you.

Maybe the message is lost somewhere in the passions over for/against these dogs.

But anyone weary of pitbulls, or for pitbulls, should be able to read that answer and say "makes sense."
To be honest most of my replies to these threads have been explaining statistics that people are spewing. No one seems to talk about solutions, the irony.

Finally some common sense. Thank you.

Caveat: Trolls and moRans such as this will not agree, but they are only 20% of the electorate and usually stay home to do something trollish/MoRanish rather than vote.

Ask yourself who are the main culprits of wanting to own a pitbull?

Then ask if they would go through regulation hoops?

Then you realize that unless they keep their illegally obtained pit under lock and key, under a ban i can report his ass on site for having one.

With no ban, ive got nothing legally to report him with. And nothing gets done until his dog devours someone

The point of those articles isn't to trivialize pitbull attacks. It's to highlight a problem in parenting and bad ownership.

You people do not care about these attacks until you hear the word pitbull. It's pathetic.

My idea has been stated here numerous times. Hold owners legally responsible for their dogs actions. It kills someone elses dog, you get the animal cruelty charge, it kills a person, you get manslaughter, it maims, you get the reckless endangerment causing bodily harm. I will ask this though:

Ok, so you're at a park and two people who aren't great owners have their dog there. One owns a pitbull, the other a golden retriever. One attacks your kid.

Now, some how this is in your hands and you get to determine which dog attacks your child but you can't stop it. Which do you pick? Why?

I wish the woman who kept two pitbulls had listened to the fears she no doubt kept buried in her heart when the cuddly critters acted as occasional brutes.

The line between nature and domestication is not one that anyone wants to see broken in a dog like that, and to be honest, I do not want that 30 pound dog locked around my Achilles tendon.

Let alone his much, much larger brothers.

We have to make some distractions here, having certain dogs who do have a lineage to kill, maim, or otherwise wreak havoc when out of control, need to have more controls per weight, breed, and anything else we can reasonably establish as dangerous in most cases.

We should all be able to get behind some clear minded regulations and penalties for the irresponsible, that will also help the image of the responsible and of the dogs if the killings and maimings are reduced.

Apparently its the responsibility of the rest of the world to come up with overly complicated policy directed at policing these dogs and their owners. According to them they don't need it, but we should be saddled with this because they can't buy a different breed of dog that has a different outcome when it goes wild... No that would be such a huge catastrophe..

Think of how much society suffers when we don't let white trash own vicious DEADLY dogs. OH GOD, THE HUMANITY!

Never encountered one in the wild. Seen them up close at zoos and have read and watched videos. The thing is that they will not keep attacking you (a human) with single minded determination like a pitbull would. Unless maybe you were attacking it or it was protecting a litter. Bobcats don't try to kill humans and see us as prey, so even though it has fangs and teeth can do serious damage, it isn't going to come after me like a pitbull would.
Yeah, this is of course true. I'm more scared of a pitbull than a lynx (we don't have bobcats) but that's more because of their behavior and not necessarily their traits.

Back