Montano stripped of FLW belt

She had some bullshit sinusitis after winning a belt, then she had something else, then she does not even try to cut weight until the weigh in day, then dehydrates and ta-dam! Kidney failure!
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

No, first she had a broken foot with tendon damage that she fought through in her fight with Roxy. Then had surgery and rehab. Then she had tonsil and adenoid surgery followed by an infection and depressed immune function.

Yeah, she should have started dieting earlier and harder, but your command of the facts leaves a little to be desired.

I dont know if its true, but another poster claimed that on embedded(?) during fight week she was eating chocolate and drinking beer..
If that was the case.. well.

Seems like a very dedicated and professional individual here <28>

The really sad part is, if she'd just not made any effort to cut at all, she'd have been perfectly fine and if Shevchenko had backed out for not wanting to fight someone 20-30 pounds heavier *she* would've been the one getting punished. I thought by now fighters would've figured this out.
It depends on which commission we're talking about. Some commissions will only allow a fight within a certain tolerance. 5lbs is the lowest I've heard of. I'm not aware of Dallas Texas' rules though, so you could be right. However, she wouldn't be doing herself any favors to come in massively over weight. I forget who did 6 lbs. over recently, but they seemed to had lost a lot of fans & it is obviously a big strike against you from corporate regarding forcing you to the next division up.

That said, your point may be accurate that she could've just gave up at the point of exhaustion & just kept her fat ass healthy. Your point can also be expanded to bring in the idea that people need to start shedding weight much earlier. If their fat ass is that big then they need to get closer to weight prior to fight week. All these doctor's orders pulling fighterz are getting annoying.

Still a better champ than conor. Conor had fw belt held up for 18 months before it got stripped, then did the same at lw. Nicco had one belt, less than a year.
It all ties back to Conor, without fail.

JJ will move to flyweight and fight Valentina for the belt!

I wanted to see her get massacred. I was disappointed when she backed out.

Thank you.

I know, it's totally inconceivable that Dana would lie to a fighter and then throw them under the bus amirite

This is dumb as **** what you're saying though. Why would he ruin the damn card of a PPV event. This ain't a prelim fight. It's on the main card and the freakin' CO-MAIN EVENT.

What would be the fucking purpose/gain for Dana to conspire to have this fight cancelled? Tell us.

He's an interesting case study, every time anything happens to a fighter we can see just how special the treatment conor revieved was

What's wrong with that? Conor deserves all the special treatment. He pays it back in $$$$$$$$$$ a hundred times more than Montana and he accepted alternate fighters within weeks of an event due to cancellations, rather than ruin the show.....losing the UFC money.

While Montana just ruins events, while being a nobody.

This is dumb as **** what you're saying though. Why would he ruin the damn card of a PPV event. This ain't a prelim fight. It's on the main card and the freakin' CO-MAIN EVENT.

What would be the fucking purpose/gain for Dana to conspire to have this fight cancelled? Tell us.

... the UFC's own doctor called off the co-main event of today's PPV. It's not exactly unprecedented.

The 145 division was created expressly for handing Cyborg a title, and I can't blame GDR for refusing to be a prop in this marketing stunt theatrical ploy

Like, seriously... fighters don't like being told to move up in weight. She said she wasn't interested in fighting at 145 and just took the Holm fight to help Dana out in a pinch (because they literally could not find any other opponents willing to fight at that weight). She then refused to stay at 145 exactly like she said she would. Somehow that makes her a disgrace? I don't get it.

Dana loves to pressure fighters into taking fights by announcing them before they have been agreed to, that way if they don't play ball they can be cast as the villains who "ducked" or "pulled out"... of a fight they should never have been offered in the first place for whatever reason... he just recently tried to pressure Romero into coming back earlier than his eye was ready by announcing that they had come to an agreement for him to fight Costa soon... so that now the focus is on Romero "declining" the fight, instead of the UFC's shoddy matchmaking that requires them to rush top guys back from injury. Public perception is always spun by the UFC PR machine.

They use this tactic literally all the time in negotiations with fighters

She wasn't going to win. Might as well give Valentina the belt. Just look at the roster/rankings.

She wasn't going to win. Might as well give Valentina the belt. Just look at the roster/rankings.

Might as well just not have the division at all, as a matter of fact

There's barely enough talent in wmma to sustain 2 weightclasses. Adding more is a marketing stunt to hand a certain fighter a belt (Cyborg, Schevchenko), but ends up hurting wmma in the long run

She had some bullshit sinusitis after winning a belt, then she had something else, then she does not even try to cut weight until the weigh in day, then dehydrates and ta-dam! Kidney failure!
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck

If you think a sinus infection is BS, you've clearly never had one.

Lel. Dana has too be regretting starting WMMA in the UFC. He has had to strip not one but TWO inaugural champs for cowardice and never had to do that in the history of male's MMA.

Anagrams never lie...

Nicco Montano = No action? C’mon!

Finally. Montano was trying to do the Mcg tactics but since she's not a draw...
You fucking clown, Mcg is the biggest non ducker in history; fought Chad with no wrestling practice and a bum knee, fought the guy that kicked his ass and gave him a full camp at a weight class he has no business being at, boxed theGOAT boxer in his first boxing match and is fighting fucking Khabib in his first fight back after two years.

Montano and Yair are cowards. Mcg is the biggest non coward in the history of our sport. You clowns keep throwing shit on the wall and hope it sticks.

... the UFC's own doctor called off the co-main event of today's PPV. It's not exactly unprecedented.

Yeah because she's too chunky and wouldn't have made it....her team and herself knew this YESTERDAY, so of course they'd call the UFC doctor in to get a report and it wouldn't take a doctor to see that she wouldn't make the weight.....so they ditched it.

She called 911 for that show ride to the hospital to save some face.

The 145 division was created expressly for handing Cyborg a title, and I can't blame GDR for refusing to be a prop in this marketing stunt theatrical ploy

WTF, so what? WTF did GDR have going for her? Fighting some 55 year old, old guy who wasn't even a fighter, but an actor.....and could've lost to him? She was happy as hell after getting that cheat win off of Holmz.

Like, seriously... fighters don't like being told to move up in weight. She said she wasn't interested in fighting at 145 and just took the Holm fight to help Dana out in a pinch (because they literally could not find any other opponents willing to fight at that weight). She then refused to stay at 145 exactly like she said she would. Somehow that makes her a disgrace? I don't get it.

Haha, talk about disgrace? From GDR, who almost KO'ed Holmz with a cheap shot after the horn blew....and it was the SECOND cheap shot after the horn.

Dana loves to pressure fighters into taking fights by announcing them before they have been agreed to, that way if they don't play ball they can be cast as the villains who "ducked" or "pulled out"... of a fight they should never have been offered in the first place for whatever reason... he just recently tried to pressure Romero into coming back earlier than his eye was ready by announcing that they had come to an agreement for him to fight Costa soon... so that now the focus is on Romero "declining" the fight, instead of the UFC's shoddy matchmaking that requires them to rush top guys back from injury. Public perception is always spun by the UFC PR machine.

They use this tactic literally all the time in negotiations with fighters

So what? What does this have anything to do with Montana? NOTHING. She got a free ride with a fake belt.....but all the free shit + extra $$$ afforded by said fake belt.....but now don't want to continue the obligation of defending it?

Back