Monster Query

DRMZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What’s the score with Monster? I know that off the back of the Reebok deal, fighters lost massive amounts of sponsorship income via being unable to have branding on their shorts. This has led to a lot of fighters finishing their contracts and looking elsewhere.

I notice that certain guys (DC tonight, Cerrone recently) have the Monster logo on their shorts - what’s the deal here?

Presumably the fighters sporting that logo on their shorts are being paid for it, which makes it dodgy as fuck.

One rule for one, one for another?

Might be being daft here but enlighten me.

Monster is one of the official sponsors of the UFC, so Dana and the billionaires are profiting from a Monster advert on a fighter's shorts is what I'm assuming. The UFC and Monster are business partners. So, why wouldn't the UFC brass approve a Monster advert on a fighter's shorts. The Monster logo is on all the Octagon mats, and at all the post-fight press conferences, so what's the problem with it being on a fighter's shorts too. I'd like to think that the fighters who do this get a huge cut, but I doubt it. Hope I'm wrong.

If the advert was not connected to the UFC brass in any way, that would be a problem.

Its like redbull only better
Their ice tea lemonade can is the hangover cure of the gods!

This has led to a lot of fighters finishing their contracts and looking elsewhere.
Really who? I no of maybe 2 the rest UFC chose not to resign

I understand that it’s on the UFC mats etc, you seem to have missed the point.

Assuming that certain fighters are wearing it on shorts and some aren’t, are we to presume certain fighters are being selected and paid for this, whilst the majority aren’t?

If you’re paid for having it on your shorts - every single fighter on the roster would wear it, none of them are going to turn down extra income.

Also note that Cormier was quick to grab a can of Monster whilst celebrating last night.

It just stuck out to me.

thought this thread was about the slaying of the supposed monster in Francis .

Rock star grape for the win

Back