"Monster" Hurricane Florene looms

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So, I was surprised we don't have a thread for this here. I'm no @Arkain2K so I can't solo this and will appreciate help and updates from other posters, but I figure I'll make a decent OP for this hurricane that is getting McGregor level hype

Hurricane-Florence-2018.png

According to multiple outlets I found, Hurricane Florence is projected to be the costliest storm ever to hit the US, surpassing even Hurricane Katrina, with anticipated recovery amounting to $170 billion dollars and 759,000 homes and businesses damaged according to analytics by CoreLogic.

Mandatory evacuations are in effects and Gov. Roy Cooper of North Carolina pleaded with people to flee "The waves and the wind this storm may bring is nothing like you've ever seen. Even if you've ridden out storms before, this one is different. Don't bet your life riding out this monster." An official of FEMA also took up the call for people to leave even if not in the mandatory evacuation zones, "This storm is going to knock out power for days into weeks. It's going to destroy infrastructure. It's going o destroy homes."

The storm is expected late Thursday or early Friday, and will bing 1 to 3 feet of rain depending on how much it stalls on the coast. Winds are currently around 140mph but expected to strengthen above 157mpg in the warmer waters and make it a Cat 5 again before landfall. Stores are empty of any bottled water, canned goods, and gasoline.

Good sign is that I believe Trump sees this as an opportunity to get a win by handling the recovery of this well, after Katrina as of course handle horribly by the Feds and FEMA and Trump had been an outspoken critic of Obama's handling of Lousiana flooding

...even if he had to be a dork calling it a "tremendously wet" hurricane

Two other tropical storms are brewing in the Atlantic as well, and any overlapping with this monstrous Florence will make matters of recovery much worse.

They're expecting 1 meter of rainfall. That's a lot. It's supposed to downgrade into a CAT 3 when it makes landfall and dissipate after.

I'm more worried about peoples pets. Humans have a warning animals don't. And a lot of humans are garbage and abandon animals when times are tough.

Considering Trump considers the handling of Hurricane Maria a success despite a death tool in PR of 9/11 proportions I don't particularly have faith in his administrations disaster recovery abilities. Paper towels for everyone.

Maybe they can divert another 10 million from FEMA to ICE though.

Considering Trump considers the handling of Hurricane Maria a success despite a death tool in PR of 9/11 proportions I don't particularly have faith in his administrations disaster recovery abilities. Paper towels for everyone.

PR has nobody to blame but themselves.

But but Trump !!!

Triggered.

What happened to your sweet AV?
I'm actually not sure. An admin told me it's because I'm on dubs, but it was still up for a few days after I got dubs then was just suddenly gone.

I'm actually not sure. An admin told me it's because I'm on dubs, but it was still up for a few days after I got dubs then was just suddenly gone.
Weird, I was recently in dub jail for a while and nothing happened to my AV..

PR has nobody to blame but themselves.

But but Trump !!!

So is this how it works? Things go well he gets credit? Things go terrible it's someone else fault?

Oh no wait he also tries to say things went well when they didn't. It's a win, win, win situation.

This sounds horrible...

Here, have some paper towels..

Tremendously big, and tremendously wet.

Thanks for the info, Trump. That'll help TREMENDOUSLY.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think it's because of the dubs. I think they thought she had no panties on and was therefore nudity, although that would be incorrect if they thought that.

Hopefully the growth models are wrong, as they often are.

If you're talking about Trump in here already, you have mental issues.

Don't worry everybody, Pat Robertson asked Jesus to make the storm go offshore.

I guess the red states are going to have their hands out again.

somehow this turned into a "I hate Trump" thread in just a few replies. Fucking people!

Back