Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

Home for awhile if anyone wants to try multiplayer beta.

Home for awhile if anyone wants to try multiplayer beta.

I deleted it like an hour before you messaged me, i don't like playing betas too much as it spoils the main game i feel but i'll be sure to team up on when it releases.

I'm really considering getting this game, I've never played any of them before since I don't have a DS but I have heard GREAT things from this series.

My cousin said he put almost 200 hours into one of them which is insane considering it's a handheld.

If none of my buddies get it I might not because I don't want to get bored with it if I'm just grinding it out solo tho.

Any of you planning on getting it for the Xbox?

Beat the first two monsters but the expert one pushed my shit in. Difficulty spike is ridiculous, I take it the last two bosses are probably meant for co op

Beat the first two monsters but the expert one pushed my shit in. Difficulty spike is ridiculous, I take it the last two bosses are probably meant for co op

I soloed first 2, right to coop for 3. Fuck that.

Never beat the last monster in the beta, they were pretty stingy with the time limits.

Didn't play the beta, but I already preordered the game. My boy already paid for DB fighter Z and I'm getting MHW, so these next couple of months should be fun for gaming.

I usually like RPGs with a good story and seems like oblivion of skyrim without main quests and just a bunch of hunting side quests.

I was kind of hoping for an open-world Pokemon-style game, but this seems more like Dark Souls with Nintendo-style graphics / gameplay.

I was kind of hoping for an open-world Pokemon-style game, but this seems more like Dark Souls with Nintendo-style graphics / gameplay.

Dark Souls is closest thing I would compare the combat to, but a little slower and more tactical. It definitely has a similar feel as you have to wait for openings, take advantage of i-frames to dodge through attacks, and will get punished if you get greedy. The weapons also feel a lot weightier as well. There are fast weapons to lay out fast hitting combos like the Dual Swords and Sword and Shield, but big weapons like the Greatsword really make you feel encumbered.

So it's a really tactical combat system, but unlike Dark Souls there are no levels to get through, it's pretty much all boss fights and crafting. I hear this time around there will be more story than in previous entries, but I don't play MH for the deep story. You have to be a glutton for punishment to keep coming back.

Dope, preorder shipped. Should have it Friday when I get off work.

This isn’t a game that necessitates co op right? Like we’ll eventually be able to take on the tougher monsters through leveling and gear upgrades?

This isn’t a game that necessitates co op right? Like we’ll eventually be able to take on the tougher monsters through leveling and gear upgrades?

Nope, I prefer to go solo. If you're farming for gear, going co-op certainly speeds things up, but I want to get the mechanics of each fight down.

Pre-ordered the $69 version so I could wear the Samurai armor. Ive never played this franchise before, but the trailers interest me and Ill have a full squad to run with at launch.

I pre ordered it from Amazon and hope that it gets here on Friday. I'll be hunting in a pack for sure!

Used to play as Stabbath on MHFU for iOS, with a Darkness lance and full Indra set.

Deleted it because the game an it’s course, but I sank hundreds of hours into it.

Fantastic game.

I’d like to get MHWorld but for that I’ll need to buy a console or a new PC entirely, and I’m saving for my MOT and servicing in March, then a trip to Thailand, then maybe a deposit for a mortgage...

Real life sucks...

already pre order it n have it pre loaded on the Xbox now just wait for tomorrow. played little of the beta and i enjoyed it

Pre-loading now. Can't wait to fire this up over the weekend!

Back