Money or time?

panamaican

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So a random conversation had me thinking.

Is it better to work 70 hours a week and make $750k/yr or not work at all and make $90-100k?

Where you live is your choice, whether or not you're married is your choice. Kids? Also your choice. Spouse works...your.choice.

I think I lean towards not working but mostly because I'd rather have cash generating projects over a regular job. I couldn't sit home and do nothing all day, it would drive me crazy. But I have things I'd like to sink cash into if I had more time.

Mime

son11.jpg

No simple answer to this PanMan, depends not only on the person, but also what point they are in their life.

When I was a young chap, it was all about the money, once I became mortgage free it shifted. Right now more than ever in my life I wish I had more free time because my bank account permits me to do things in theory, that I can't do in reality because there's not enough God damn time. And that really sucks. But being poor sucks too.

Time easily.

Especially with that kind of money. Work to live and all that.

Easy choice: 100k no work. Imagine how many posts I could have on sherdog!

um. The 750k year obviously. You do that for three years and you've made over 2 million dollars wheras the other option only nets you 300k.

So after three years you can retire and do whatever you want while the 2 mil makes money for you. Otherwise, it'll take you you, what, 20 years to make the same money if you're not working and getting 100k each year.

So a random conversation had me thinking.

Is it better to work 70 hours a week and make $750k/yr or not work at all and make $90-100k?

Where you live is your choice, whether or not you're married is your choice. Kids? Also your choice. Spouse works...your.choice.

I think I lean towards not working but mostly because I'd rather have cash generating projects over a regular job. I couldn't sit home and do nothing all day, it would drive me crazy. But I have things I'd like to sink cash into if I had more time.

Well would working on other projects be cheating as far as the no work?

The 100k does sound appealing. I could live very comfortably on that. If I can invest and do there things with it, it makes it much more so.

Maybe work a few years for the 750k, buy a nice house in cash, few toys, invest, retire.

I'd lean towards not working. I could play music all day, bang bitches, do a little weed and coke, hang out with my family, go out to eat, train martial arts. It would be great.

um. The 750k year obviously. You do that for three years and you've made over 2 million dollars wheras the other option only nets you 300k.

So after three years you can retire and do whatever you want while the 2 mil makes money for you. Otherwise, it'll take you you, what, 20 years to make the same money if you're not working and getting 100k each year.

Uhhh not working and getting paid 100k a year is basically retirement already

100k per year for life without working?

Yeah I'll take that one.

No question in my mind that it's better to have nothing but free time and $100K a year.

It would lead to a far richer life, unless you just fucking LOVE your job. 70 hours a week? That's retarded. No thanks.

100k k to stay at home with my wife and kids? Work on my bike, go hunting, fishing, camping. Yeah I'll take that.

I think you're missing the spirit of the question.

Let's imagine that you're locked into a 70 hour work week for the next 20 years if you choose that option. What's your choice then?

Back