Moments when you've been frustrated by a fighter

Barboza not staying in the middle of the octagon and letting himself get backed up to the cage consistently in his last 2 fights.

Whenever the fight was in the middle of the octagon, even in zombie mode Barboza was lighting Kevin up.

Machida had pissed me off with his half aggressive style. Several fights where he was just trying to put point by one lousy point.

Most recently for me is watching Barboza turn Lee's legs into noodles only to be immediately taken down.

Other mentions are Tate winning the stand up with Ronda but clinching with a Judo expert only to be tossed to the mat every time

JDS, Mir, and other fighters who allow themselves to be walked up to the cage and trapped and beaten up

Older example, watching Thiago Alves throw a fight away by going for a takedown he didn't need to go for against Martin Kampmann in the last minute of the last round in a fight he was winning. And then in general any other Barboza/Lee situation of a fighter I want to win but can't capitalize on their moment.

What's your top picks for frustrating moments?
Anytime Aldo doesn’t throw leg kicks

There are a few contenders in my book, but Condit has to be one that is at the top. He has literally looked like shit since the Woodley fight, which kind of started it all. Honorable mentions would be Barboza and Swanson.

I saw bj penn at a target near the airport.

He had a cart.

He unloaded his wares, and rather than putting the cart in its rightful place in the cart loading/storage area, he left it Willy nilly in the parking lot. Near the airport.

On another occasion I saw Bruce buffer (not a fighter, but still) walking across a crosswalk with a light and a walk sign. He entered into the cross walk AFTER the walk light turned in to the “don’t walk” hand.

He kept going!!!

Didn’t affect my life at all as it was a 15 second don’t walk hand, but it was close. I was so frustrated.
got a laugh out of me .

On a serious note , it shits me to tears when people don't return shopping charts to the return bays .

There are a few contenders in my book, but Condit has to be one that is at the top. He has literally looked like shit since the Woodley fight, which kind of started it all. Honorable mentions would be Barboza and Swanson.
as a fan of NBK I do agree to an extent but he was coming back from a knee reconstruction after that fight so his confidence on that leg probably wasn't what it used to be which I can see affecting him in fights .
Also I thought he looked great in the fight against Lawler and I think he won that one but just about every other fight he didn't look like the old Condit I agree .

Anderson Silva not pulling the trigger in a few fights drove me crazy.

Conor not conserving his energy and letting Floyd get that lucky tko.

I do not believe Conor beats Floyd in boxing ever. BUT the obvious plan was for Floyd to wait until he got tired. How the fuck did his camp not tell him in all the training lead up " Hey, don't punch Floyd too much. All he's going to do is shell up. Mock him, taunt him...make him come to you or do nothing. He shells and you stop punching and say "fuck that".

Floyd roped the dope.

There have been several times I've been frustrated with B.J. Penn but the tippy toes BS against Diaz made me want to break my TV.

Watching Roy Nelson walk guys up to the cage, but instead of unloading, taking them down, or dirty boxing he backs up to the center of the cage. WTF! ROY!

Remember Taisumov vs Prazeres?

Me and Huerta were screaming at the lad

7n4xf48z11k01.gif

And the subsequent takedown that followed lmao

vladimir-putin-laughing.gif

Also Nate being complacent against a gassed Conor in round 4. Once Conor found that second wind he landed the power shots that won him the deciding round. I wanted to throw my rig at my TV every time Nate's dumb ass iniated the clinch.

Every fight Platiinum Mike lost by decision

9mhtlVo.gif

giphy.gif
Just realized how deep the 170 pound division is. All these guys are not in title contention but are dangerous on any given night.

I guess when weidman threw that kick against rockhold and then lost his belt. I always root for him after seeing him rise and then take out the scariest man in the ufc at the time. To lose the belt by making a blunder like that was quite frustrating, especially seeng how he lost his way after that fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back