Moments when you've been frustrated by a fighter

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Most recently for me is watching Barboza turn Lee's legs into noodles only to be immediately taken down.

Other mentions are Tate winning the stand up with Ronda but clinching with a Judo expert only to be tossed to the mat every time

JDS, Mir, and other fighters who allow themselves to be walked up to the cage and trapped and beaten up

Older example, watching Thiago Alves throw a fight away by going for a takedown he didn't need to go for against Martin Kampmann in the last minute of the last round in a fight he was winning. And then in general any other Barboza/Lee situation of a fighter I want to win but can't capitalize on their moment.

What's your top picks for frustrating moments?

The recent O'Malley fight. All the other guy had to do was stand up and O'Malley wouldn't have been able to but he decided to follow him up to the floor and run down the clock. The guy sacrificed a much-needed third round finish for a decision loss smh.
<{cruzshake}><codychoke>

Overeem getting KO'd by Bigfoot/Rothwell/Browne after dominating

125_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_vs_Al_Iaquinta.jpg

Khabib-Nurmagomedov-Al-Iaquinta-UFC-223.jpg

800.jpeg

Last 3 Nick Diaz fights .wouldn't pull trigger on shit. Also Andy Wang when he wouldn't take down Brandon Melendez

Every fight Platiinum Mike lost by decision

9mhtlVo.gif

giphy.gif

Rumble trying to wrestle DC in their rematch instead of trying to stand and knock him out.

Practically every Bobby Green fight.

Was stoked when he got signed by the UFC and he started off well, then he decided to taunt instead of fight...

cat zingano's flying knee at the opening bell of her title fight against ronda

JWyWFHh.gif

Conor not conserving his energy and letting Floyd get that lucky tko.

Soukhamthath was the most remarkable and frustrating thing I’ve ever seen. And it’s not even close.

Edit.

To remind you all. That was where he broke O’Malley’s leg or close enough to it. Then decided to go to the ground. Even his own corner was screaming at him for the whole round to let him up. Because one leg kick and the ref would have ended that fight. And he lost the decision to O’Malley.

Last edited:
I saw bj penn at a target near the airport.

He had a cart.

He unloaded his wares, and rather than putting the cart in its rightful place in the cart loading/storage area, he left it Willy nilly in the parking lot. Near the airport.

On another occasion I saw Bruce buffer (not a fighter, but still) walking across a crosswalk with a light and a walk sign. He entered into the cross walk AFTER the walk light turned in to the “don’t walk” hand.

He kept going!!!

Didn’t affect my life at all as it was a 15 second don’t walk hand, but it was close. I was so frustrated.

Bektic vs Elkins

Everyone and their mothers, including your own coaches, are screaming for you to keep the fight standing and you're spamming double legs.

Rumble in his second fight with DC.

Every one of Roy's recent fights.

Right now with Conor, Tony and Khabib
2 of you just fight each other plz

Back