Moicano vs Kattar

Stephens isn't really like kattar at all other than the fact that they both prefer the stand up game.

I got kattar in a close decision.

You're right, actually.
I just rewatched his last fight - I remembered it being a brawl but it was actually Burgos who tried to turn it into a brawl whereas Kattar was sticking to his jab among other things which Jeremy doesn't do all that much.

Had to refresh my memory on that one.
I stand corrected.

You're right, actually.
I just rewatched his last fight - I remembered it being a brawl but it was actually Burgos who tried to turn it into a brawl whereas Kattar was sticking to his jab among other things which Jeremy doesn't do all that much.

Had to refresh my memory on that one.
I stand corrected.

Something else worth thinking about is that kattar has a lot of experience against guys similar in height and reach to Moicano, whereas moicano hasn't really fought someone as tall and rangey as himself.

This will be Moicano's first time fighting someone his height with the same if not more reach.

Something else worth thinking about is that kattar has a lot of experience against guys similar in height and reach to Moicano, whereas moicano hasn't really fought someone as tall and rangey as himself.

This will be Moicano's first time fighting someone his height with the same if not more reach.

Interesting point, especially because Moicano usually controls range very well, he might have trouble with this fact.
Very intriguing match-up for sure. Both guys have excellent striking, probably better than 90% of the division.

Both guys will probably find a way to stay in the Top 15 at FW though, regardless of who wins this one.

Interesting point, especially because Moicano usually controls range very well, he might have trouble with this fact.
Very intriguing match-up for sure. Both guys have excellent striking, probably better than 90% of the division.

Both guys will probably find a way to stay in the Top 15 at FW though, regardless of who wins this one.

I don’t like Moicano’s boxing. Far cry from his kicks which is where he really wants the fight at.

He doesn’t really have much of a right hand. It’s awkward.

Fact that he’s well rounded and moves well offsets some of his boxing woes.

I don’t like Moicano’s boxing. Far cry from his kicks which is where he really wants the fight at.

He doesn’t really have much of a right hand. It’s awkward.

Fact that he’s well rounded and moves well offsets some of his boxing woes.

I agree about Moicano's hands, but he's also very good at gameplanning and finding a way to exploit his opponent's weaknesses while highlighting his strengths. This will be a good fight.

I agree about Moicano's hands, but he's also very good at gameplanning and finding a way to exploit his opponent's weaknesses while highlighting his strengths. This will be a good fight.

I think Kattar is going to find his counters and force Moicano to be on his back foot.

I got Calvin by dec unless Moicano obliges him in the pocket for whatever reason, then TKO.

I think Kattar takes him. Moicano is hittable and Kattar has lethal hands, good power but his accuracy is what is really impressive about him. Dude is a straight up sniper out there, although if he gets into a war with Moicano and doesn't keep it technical and clean he'll probably get fucked up.

I'm just sad these two have to fight each other now. Both of them are awesome fighters. I was hoping they'd both merk the other top 15 guys on their way to the top.

I think Kattar takes him. Moicano is hittable and Kattar has lethal hands, good power but his accuracy is what is really impressive about him. Dude is a straight up sniper out there, although if he gets into a war with Moicano and doesn't keep it technical and clean he'll probably get fucked up.
Interesting. You think a war would be bad for him?(Kattar)

Interesting. You think a war would be bad for him?(Kattar)

Pretty sure when Burgos was getting in the pocket is when he was doing the best and hitting Kattar pretty well. I think if Moicano can stay in his face, hit him, and not give him space to work his boxing, maybe smother him in the clinch and try to get him to the ground just make it ugly he will take it. Easier said than done though imo.

Pretty sure when Burgos was getting in the pocket is when he was doing the best and hitting Kattar pretty well. I think if Moicano can stay in his face, hit him, and not give him space to work his boxing, maybe smother him in the clinch and try to get him to the ground just make it ugly he will take it. Easier said than done though imo.
True but consider that Burgos is on another level of boxing then Moicano in my opinion

True but consider that Burgos is on another level of boxing then Moicano in my opinion

Lol definitely agree with ya there. Moicano mixes it up well though, has good leg kicks and is a decent grappler. Pretty sure he took Jeremy Stephens down a couple times. Not to mention he's improving and was boxing up Ortega in the pocket pretty good, although Ortega can't box like Burgos or Kattar. So I'm with you on that one for sure.

Kattar has looked good, crazy 3rd fight in, complete stranger, on main card of a pretty good card

Back