Moicano vs Kattar

kmelloh

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Great fight on paper. I expect it to be a stand up battle. Moicano’s last fight was that late submission loss to Ortega in a fight of the night at UFC 214. Kattar has that fight with Burgos at UFC 220 which he won by tko (also fight of the night) I’ve got Kattar by 2nd TKO. Who do you pick and why?

i think kattar takes it, dude is reaaally good with some nice hands.

his shot selection in that finish of burgos was crazy, and even more impressive because i think burgos is also a top 10 talent.

Moicano, 3rd round TKO.

Both are very dangerous dudes, but Moicano's only loss is the current #1 Contender (Brian Ortega) and he has a win over Jeremy Stephens.

I was also very impressed by Kattar's win over Burgos, though.
Simply a great match-up and will be very fun to watch.

Last edited:
Moicano, 3rd round TKO.

Both are very dangerous dudes, but Moicano's only loss is the current #1 Contender (Brian Ortega) and he has a win over Jeremy Stephens (who I feel is basically a better version of Kattar).

Moicano the lay n pray machine going to Tko calvin kattar? Lol.... okay...

Moicano the lay n pray machine going to Tko calvin kattar? Lol.... okay...

lol what? Moicano outstruck Jeremy Stephens, he outstruck Brian Ortega, matter of fact he outstruck everyone he has ever faced before. Go check the stats.

On average, Moicano lands 5,26 significant strikes per minute which makes him one of the busier guys in the UFC.
109 strikes landed against Ortega, who landed only 65.
70 strikes against Stephens, who landed 56.

So what are you talking about?

Last edited:
No idea who they are. I'm so casual these days.

low-key intriguing banger of a fight. really a toss-up by two potential top ten FW's who will be in the rankings for years to come. I'll take Moicano

Great fight on paper. I expect it to be a stand up battle. Moicano’s last fight was that late submission loss to Ortega in a fight of the night at UFC 214. Kattar has that fight with Burgos at UFC 220 which he won by tko (also fight of the night) I’ve got Kattar by 2nd TKO. Who do you pick and why?
Not a great fight to bet on. I like Moicano here but it's not a given. They're still prospects. I think Renato is too strategic and skilled to lose this one though

Dunno nothing about those guys. I'm not even that glad about having them in the main card actually.

This card is stupid. As a (near)Chicago resident who wanted to attend 225 before they announced it's fights, I'm so jealous.

Congrats to anyone who bought tickets for this event, which truly does feel like big an event.

This card is stupid. As a (near)Chicago resident who wanted to attend 225 before they announced it's fights, I'm so jealous.

Congrats to anyone who bought tickets for this event, which truly does feel like big an event.
Hey at least you might get CM punk at 225

Kattar should win this as long as he avoids the takedown, he looks like a better striker than Moicano.

One thing about the Ortega loss: Moicano was outpointing Ortega in the beginning, but then T-City started getting his range in the second and then started landing some hard shots in the 3rd which led to a panic takedown and the fight ending sub. Hard to see Kattar resorting to panic takedowns against a guy like Ortega.

Moicano, 3rd round TKO.

Both are very dangerous dudes, but Moicano's only loss is the current #1 Contender (Brian Ortega) and he has a win over Jeremy Stephens (who I feel is basically a better version of Kattar).

Stephens isn't really like kattar at all other than the fact that they both prefer the stand up game.

I got kattar in a close decision.

Last edited:
Kattar wins by being able to throw straight punches

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DREDATORXXXXL
Back