Modifying CZ-75 Magazines

DoomPatrol

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What's up everyone, I figured this was the best place for my question. So I'm pretty familiar with firearms and machinery. I just bought myself a CZ-75 Compact as a new piece for my collection. So it came with a couple 14 round magazines that have this little lip on the bottom of them. I'm a big guy and these little fucking magazine lips are biting into my pinkie if I try to get a proper grip. So I either have to suck it up and deal with them biting into my pinkie or ride higher than the grip than I really want to.

Here's a photo of what I'm talking about. It's that black thing on the bottom of the magazine. It sits up flush with the grip. Looking at it, I can't really see any actual structural purpose for this lip. It seems to be designed to assist in pulling the magazine out easier if it's not falling out freely for some reason. It doesn't seem to hold the magazine together or serve any other function that I can see.

812144.jpg

So I was thinking about taking a Dremel tool to the lip and grinding it down to be more flush with the grip. I'll still leave 1mm or so past the grip, but I'm going to take a decent amount off. My goal was to try it on one magazine and see if it turns out OK, then I'll try to second. So I was planning on marking a line of where I want to leave it at, and grind off the rest. Then I was going to use something to polish the sharp edge down and round it out so I'm not stabbing myself.

Anyone do something like this before have any advice?

Congrats. Just got a 75 Compact myself. Totally agree about the annoying lip. There's for sure factory 10 rounders that have a different baseplate. See if you can purchase the baseplates and swap them out. Mec-Gar might make one you'd like better. Check into them. Or fuck it, grind off your factory mags. :cool:

CZ-75 Compact is my CCW piece, great gun, and enjoy those 14 rounders man because here in Cali we only get mags that max out at 10 rounds.

Back