Mob slaughters 300 crocodiles after death of Indonesian man who wandered in their breeding sanctuary

Like america...or should I say Florida... Wouldnt do some shit like this over a lily white blonde haired blued eye baby.

Cut it out.

Well I mean, once in a while we gotta defend the belt of being at the top of the food chain

That sucks, it's always sad to see piles of dead animals. Do they have constant issues with killer crocodiles? I don't know.

But if so, it's not hard to imagine why a village that constantly deals with killer animals (and then is told they are not allowed to kill those animals) would eventually get tired of it and take them out.

For example, imagine living in an area infested with lions. They aren't majestic to you, they are monsters and they may kill you or your children. I think lions and crocodiles are amazing creatures, but that's only because I don't have to deal with them.
These animals were in a breeding farm , they were not out in the open sharing the space with the villagers. The villager who got killed went into the sanctuary. The villagers even killed all the hatchlings.
This is just brainless mob mentality.

These are people whose family members get eaten by crocs.. hard to criticize them when you don’t know what that’s like
The family member went into the crocodile farm. It's not like these crocs are roaming out in the open sharing the same space as the people.

People who kill majestic animals for either "sport" or retribution have serious character flaws.

For example, imagine living in an area infested with lions. They aren't majestic to you, they are monsters and they may kill you or your children. I think lions and crocodiles are amazing creatures, but that's only because I don't have to deal with them.
I feel like Rogan had a bit about this in his Netflix special because he talked about Cecil the lion and how for people living in the area were probably indifferent to "these monsters that walk around and can kill, everything, just because they're bored"

It's not even like a Reptile is capable of the same thought patterns as a mammal. A Crocodile is basically a dinosaur. There is tons of videos of these things chewing off other Croc's legs by accident because food is thrown nearby. As if the Crocodile attacked this man out of malice or something lmfao, and then there is retribution against the Crocodiles like it's some sort of emotional turf-war. Truly bizarre.

This kind of cuts both ways. What you describe is a fairly solid rational basis for wanting them dead and gone. Especially if you’re a third world villager living off the land nearby

I feel like Rogan had a bit about this in his Netflix special because he talked about Cecil the lion and how for people living in the area were probably indifferent to "these monsters that walk around and can kill, everything, just because they're bored"

I didn't see that bit but it makes perfect sense. There are no natural predators where I live, nothing that can kill me while I am out on a walk. There is bound to be a different mindset when you are actually in danger.

I didn't see that bit but it makes perfect sense. There are no natural predators where I live, nothing that can kill me while I am out on a walk. There is bound to be a different mindset when you are actually in danger.
It MIGHT have been on one of his podcasts but he also mentioned how people were freaking out thinking Cecil's brother got killed but when they found it wasn't Cecil's brother they no longer cared. It ended with something like a "only white people would care about shit like this because they aren't the ones being eaten by these monsters"

It MIGHT have been on one of his podcasts but he also mentioned how people were freaking out thinking Cecil's brother got killed but when they found it wasn't Cecil's brother they no longer cared. It ended with something like a "only white people would care about shit like this because they aren't the ones being eaten by these monsters"

I disagree with Joe on that situation, because that lion was not killed by locals it was killed by some American who just wanted a thrill. I personally think that trophy hunting exotic animals like that is sick. It is one thing to kill a lion that is roaming around your village, it is something entirely different to travel across the world to lure a lion into a hunting area to kill it.

I disagree with Joe on that situation, because that lion was not killed by locals it was killed by some American who just wanted a thrill. I personally think that trophy hunting exotic animals like that is sick. It is one thing to kill a lion that is roaming around your village, it is something entirely different to travel across the world to lure a lion into a hunting area to kill it.
The second lion was killed by villagers I believe, at least the one that wasn't Cecil that everyone was talking about.

I know Joe and Steven Rinella a professional hunter that is a friend of Joe's and frequent guest were talking about the Cecil killing one time and neither of them were comfortable with what he did but at the same time Joe and Steven both were like "if this lion didn't have a name would people have cared/talked about it nearly as much?"

"The man was believed to have entered the sanctuary in the Klamalu neighborhood of Sorong district to cut grass for his cattle."

I have a feeling the Crocs will get the last laugh, when they survive skynet coming online, or zombies, whichever gets us first.

That sucks, it's always sad to see piles of dead animals. Do they have constant issues with killer crocodiles? I don't know.

But if so, it's not hard to imagine why a village that constantly deals with killer animals (and then is told they are not allowed to kill those animals) would eventually get tired of it and take them out.

but crocs are really ugly

it's like killing that ant farm in your backyard, you'd have to muster up the tears real hard

"The man was believed to have entered the sanctuary in the Klamalu neighborhood of Sorong district to cut grass for his cattle."

Right, but I don't really know what that means in practice. If the guy needs grass for his cattle, and the only place to get it is a crocodile sanctuary, I could see why the villagers were pretty much over the whole "protect the crocs" thing. Maybe he could have gone elsewhere, I don't know all the details.

I hope the crocodiles send an ambassador to sue for peace before this escalates any further.

I think i saw this in the Mayberry first. Apart from the atrocity itself I first wondered how much in property damage that caused. I'm sure each animal is worth quite a lot.

Steve Zissou approves, though.

Back