Locked MNN (I Kill Giants Trailer; Nominations for 2018 Oscars and Razzie Awards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Image from JIGSAW and More Details from the Saw Sequel

000257674hr.jpg

Jigsaw (out Oct. 27) is the eighth Saw film and picks up a decade after the original reign of terror overseen by Tobin Bell’s titular homicidal maniac. “Bodies are turning up, and they’re linked to Jigsaw — or a Jigsaw copycat,” says Peter Spierig (Daybreakers), who directed with his brother Michael. Bell’s character actually died in Saw III,and the actor is not listed in the official credits. Does he appear? Spierig dodges: “The DNA of Tobin Bell is all over this film,” he says. Well, that sounds — appropriately — disgusting.

Something the Spierigs are happy to confirm? Jigsaw features plenty of the deadly traps for which the franchise is famous. “We’ve got some pretty wild traps in the film — we don’t shy away from the gore,” says Michael Spierig. “It’s such a perfect Halloween scarefest. It’s perhaps not quite as vicious and more fun, which is something we tried to inject into it. But it’s still full of good fun gore, that’s for sure. And, on top of that, it’s got a really great mystery, and there’s very interesting twists. It’s Saw for 2017.”

Jigsaw first look: Directors tease next installment in Saw saga

David Ayer No Longer Directing SCARFACE Due to Scheduling Conflicts

LhLMvV3.jpg

Universal’s new take on the Scarface series looks to have hit another bump in the road — sources tell Variety that director David Ayer has left the project.

Ayer had taken over for Antoine Fuqua who had to leave due to scheduling issues with his sequel to the Equalizer.

Sources say Ayer’s schedule with his upcoming release of Netflix’s Bright, which stars Will Smith, and the studio’s aggressive schedule to get the film off the ground forced the split.

The studio still has Diego Luna on board to star, and are currently working fast to find a director who can take over the project, and hopefully get it up and running by this fall.

Dylan Clark is producing through his Dylan Clark Production banner along with Martin Bregman, who produced the 1983 original. The studio first bought rights to Scarface in 1932.

The film is set to open on August 10, 2018.

David Ayer Parts Ways With ‘Scarface’ Movie (Exclusive)

BABY DRIVER Star Lily James (mine!) to Star in MAMMA MIA: HERE WE GO AGAIN!

ajP2tHM.png

Cinderella is heading to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi.

Baby Driver star Lily James has signed on to star in Universal's sequel to Mamma Mia, the 2008 adaptation of the stage musical based on ABBA songs that was one of the biggest hits in studio history, grossing more than $600 million worldwide.

Ol Parker, the writer of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and its sequel, wrote and will direct Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!, with the new musical being slotted for release on July 20, 2018.

Several stars of the original movie — including Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Amanda Seyfried, Christine Baranski and Colin Firth — will be returning for the follow-up, which will include ABBA songs not featured in the first film, along with some reprised favorites. James, who sang "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" for 2015's Cinderella, will play the role of "Young Donna." The pic goes back and forth in time to show how relationships forged in the past resonate in the present.

James was the breakout star of Disney's live-action hit Cinderella. She was most recently seen in Edgar Wright’s Baby Driver with Ansel Elgort, and starred in the miniseries War & Peace. Coming up, the busy actress stars in the Winston Churchill drama Darkest Hour with Gary Oldman, romantic drama Guernsey and modern Western Little Woods with Tessa Thompson.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mamma-mia-sequel-adds-lily-james-1020037

Rachel Crow in Talks for Key Role in Transformers Spinoff BUMBLEBEE

XYio4kK.jpg

Fresh off her live-action movie debut in Netflix’s Deidra & Laney Rob a Train, up-and-coming actress Rachel Crow is in talks for a key role in Paramount’s Transformers spinoff Bumblebee, the Tracking Board has learned.

Hailee Steinfeld and Jorge Lendeborg Jr. will play the two young leads in the film, which Travis Knight (Kubo and the Two Strings) is directing from a script by Christina Hodson.

The Bumblebee movie is reportedly a Transformers prequel set in an earlier decade that centers around the yellow Autobot. It’s designed as the first in a series of spinoffs that will comprise the Transformers Cinematic Universe, which has grossed nearly $4 billion worldwide thus far.

Paramount is slated to release Bumblebee on June 8, 2018.

Sydney Freeland and Shelby Farrell’s Deidra & Laney Rob a Train premiered at Sundance, where Crow earned strong reviews that helped the rising star land a lead role in ABC’s spinoff of The Goldbergs. The actress-singer first rose to fame as a finalist on the first season of The X Factor. Since then, Crow has lent her voice to Rio 2 and recorded a song for its soundtrack, and she also voiced a lead character in the animated Netflix series Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh.

Rachel Crow in Talks for a Key Role in Transformers Spinoff Bumblebee

New Image of Alicia Vikander in TOMB RAIDER from Entertainment Weekly

000258199hr.jpg

Next year’s Tomb Raider reboot, adapted from the 2013 video game, portrays Croft (Alicia Vikander) as a young woman working an ordinary day job in London. A clue leads her to embark on a search for her presumed-dead archeologist father (Dominic West).

“She has all the fierce, tough, curious, intelligent traits,” Vikander says, “but we’ve stripped away all of her experience. She hasn’t gone on an adventure just yet. She thought he was a stuck up businessperson living in the modern youth culture of suburban London, but then this whole box of information. This is the beginning.”

For the 28-year-old actress, starting from the beginning was a major pull for doing the film. “I was surprised that my mum knew what Tomb Raider was. That’s due to the fact that Angelina Jolie made Lara Croft such an icon. But this is a beautiful way of showing a very loved character from more angles.”

Jolie, interestingly, starred in the first Tomb Raider movie in 2001, two years after winning the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Girl, Interrupted, a timeline that Vikander is echoing. (The Swedish actress won Best Supporting Actress in 2016 for The Danish Girl.) “I’m emotionally drawn to something that’s very different from what I’ve done before,” she says. “Naturally that gives me an extra thrill. I have mostly done dramas and indie films in my career but I don’t know how many times I’ve watched big adventure films like Indiana Jones or The Mummy. I love to get embraced in all those big journeys and to do an action role has always been a child’s dream of mine.”

And Vikander’s background as a dancer prepared her for all the challenges that director Roar Uthaug (2015’s intense disaster movie The Wave) tossed her way.

“Just like in The Wave, we have a lot of water sequences,” she says. “I spent my last two days of shooting in a tank and that was my 16th total day being fully drenched or submerged in the water.”

So come March 16, 2018, we’ll get to watch Croft — and Vikander — basically sink or swim. “For one action scene, we used the London venue for Olympic rafting,” she says with a bemused laugh. “They threw me down that river — with my hands tied — about 50 times. I didn’t need to act, just react!”

Tomb Raider star Alicia Vikander teases her version of Lara Croft

First Official Image of Tye Sheridan in Steven Spielberg's READY PLAYER ONE

000259215hr.jpg

It’s the future. But … it sucks.

At least, the real world does. In Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of Ready Player One, there is a happy escape: The OASIS, a virtual reality wonderland that is saturated in a love of all-things-‘80s.

The movie isn’t out until March 18, but as part of its Comic-Con preview, EW presents a first look at actor Tye Sheridan as Parzival (real name: Wade Watts), using his VR visor and haptic gloves to disappear into a realm where movies, cartoons, comic books, and TV shows from the good old days make life in 2045 more bearable.

Spielberg’s own work helped define this era, but in his adaptation of Ernest Cline’s book he’s putting his own filmography aside (apart from the time-traveling Delorean from Back to the Future, which he executive produced.)

Cline says he wouldn’t be a writer “if I hadn’t grown up on a steady diet of Steven Spielberg movie.”

“His work directly influenced the narrative and the way that I told the story,” the author said. “So to have him directing, it’s too perfect to even be possible. And somehow it’s happened.”

This image is Wade’s “hideout,” an old van where the orphaned boy stores his most treasured belongings. In Ernest Cline’s 2011 book, this is where the character goes to be alone, since he shares his aunt’s teetering trailer in the impoverished, Jenga-like “Stacks” with 15 other people.

There’s extreme wealth in the world, but most people don’t have it. The only escape from this miserable existence is through the virtual reality simulation created by James Halliday (Oscar-winner Mark Rylance), who has recently shuffled off this mortal coil – but left behind a final game for his millions of users: Whoever solves his series of pop-culture quests wins the OASIS, along with its parent company, Gregarious Games.

This digital getaway will be locked away – or at least become prohibitively expensive – if it ends up being taken over by the corporate IOI organization.

So Wade and some of this fellow treasure-seekers are in a race with the rest of the world to protect it, uncovering clues in a game that will decide ownership of this innerspace.

Parzival’s closest friends and allies are people he’s never met in real life: Art3mis (Olivia Cooke), Aech (Lena Waithe), and I-R0k (T.J. Miller) – while their greatest foe in this quest is Nolan Sorrento (Rogue One’s Ben Mendelsohn), who is IOI’s murderous chief of Oology.

“Oology” is the study of eggs — a little in-joke about Easter eggs — and this image actually has a lot of them.

See an exclusive first look at Steven Spielberg's Ready Player One

First Footage for RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET: WRECK-IT RALPH 2 from D23

New Details on Pixar's THE INCREDIBLES 2, Will Focus on Elastigirl

open-uri20160812-3094-dnman1_503b8c8c.jpeg

Fourteen years after the original hit theaters, director Brad Bird revealed new details of Incredibles 2, the long-awaited sequel to the 2004 film that introduced the super family made up of husband and wife Mr. Incredible (Craig T. Nelson) and Elastigirl (Holly Hunter) and their children Violet (Sarah Vowell), Dashiell (Spencer Fox) and baby Jack Jack.

Bird revealed the that Elastigirl, not Mr. Incredible, will be the star of this film, as she will be off adventuring and her husband will be home with the baby. And this time around, Huck Milner will be voicing Dash. Samuel L. Jackson is back as Frozone and Bird's reprises his role as Edna Mode.

Bird also showed off the first footage to the eager crowd. The first clip (a work in progress), showed Jack Jack as he wanders outdoors after his dad falls asleep. There, he shows off his new-found superpowers as he gets into a confrontation with a raccoon. His trick? He can multiply.

deu2d_-uaaaiydw_-_embed_2017.jpg

"It's fundamentally a story about family," Bird said, adding the latest technology is allowing them to enhance the animation. "The technology has gotten so much better; We can get them close to what we wanted to do in the [original]. It’s like driving a better car."

He also showed new animation tests of the family, as well as concept art that revealed that the Incredibles have a new house — and it's a super lair. The downside? It's "made up of sharp corners, which is not ideal for a baby." Luckily, Jack Jack is pretty tough.

Studio head John Lasseter has told IGN that The Incredibles 2 opening will actually pick up right where the first one left off.

“It starts right as the first one finishes, so it just carries on,” Lasseter said, adding that only “a minute” will have passed between the first and second Incredibles. “It starts with the Underminer and a big old set piece. You know that at the end of the first movie when he comes up and you see the family dressed as superheroes, well that’s where start this movie.”

For those that don’t remember, The Underminer was an old-school supervillain voiced by Pixar vet John Ratzenberger.

Nicole Paradis Grindle and John Walker are producing Incredibles 2, which is set for release on June 15, 2018.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...2-toy-story-4-details-revealed-at-d23-1021250

Taraji P. Henson Joins WRECK-IT RALPH 2 Voice Cast; Will Feature Disney Princesses

Taraji P. Henson has joined the voice cast of Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2, the sequel to the 2012 Oscar-nominated video-game-world-set hit that’s slated to open Nov. 21, 2018, it was announced at D23, the Disney expo taking place in Anaheim.

Henson will play Yess, a trend-aholic algorithm who acts like a guide to Ralph (John C. Reilly) and Vanellope (Sarah Silverman). The story sees the duo's game break down and require a replacement part, causing the characters to venture into the wild world of the internet.

Silverman, along with directors Rich Moore (who won an Oscar earlier this year for Zootopia) and Phil Johnston, were onstage to present a clip of the movie — a clip that drove the assembled crowd of roughly 7,000 into wild cheers.

The clip showed Vanellope, in a website named OhMyDisney.com, meeting all the Disney princesses in the hopes of stirring up some trouble. But as she interacts with them — in ways that, in rapid succession, lovingly skewer the history and tropes of Disney animated classics and princesses — she develops a respect for them. And she gives them a wardrobe change.

Many of the original voices of the princesses returned for the scene, and those actresses then made an appearance at the presentation. Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O'Hara (Belle), Linda Larkin (Jasmine), Irene Bedard (Pocahontas), Anika Noni Rose (Tiana), Mandy Moore (Rapunzel), Kelly Macdonald (Merida), Auli'i Cravalho (Moana) and Kristen Bell (Anna) took the stage in a historic meeting of Disney princesses, causing a prolonged ovation from the crowd.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wreck-ralph-2-casts-taraji-p-henson-1021384

Disney Struggles to Find Stars for Its Live-Action ALADDIN Movie

frH4leL.png

Disney’s magic carpet ride has hit a bit of turbulence.

The studio and Aladdin director Guy Ritchie launched a global casting call in March to find the stars for the musical based on the hit 1992 animated film about a street kid who teams with a genie to woo the princess Jasmine.

Disney, Ritchie and casting director Randi Hiller brought on casting agents around the world, from London to Egypt to Abu Dhabi and India, for what sources say is a massive global search: Around 2,000 actors and actresses have read for the lead roles of Jasmine and Aladdin.

But finding a male lead in his 20s who can act and sing has proven difficult — especially since the studio wants someone of Middle-Eastern or Indian descent (the animated film is set in the fictional Middle Eastern city of Agrabah). The original casting call specified that production was slated to begin by July, but the search has dragged on, with Disney and Ritchie having to go back to the drawing board multiple times.

Sources say there have been several rounds of tests in London, with the actors coming in for up to two weeks at a time. “The test process was a mess,” says one agent with a client who tested.

While the studio had interest in Dev Patel, 27, and Riz Ahmed, 34, the male lead will likely be a newcomer. Sources say the studio is eyeing Power Rangers actress Naomi Scott, 24, or Indian actress Tara Sutaria, 21, to play Jasmine, but can’t lock the deal until the male lead has been selected since chemistry is so important to the story. (Will Smith is signed on to play the Genie, and sources say the studio is after known names for the role of the villain Jafar).

Among the newcomers who were still in the running for the riffraff/street rat in the most recent rounds of testing were Dutch actor Achraf Koutet, Canadian actor Mena Massoud and American George Kosturos.

As the search has dragged on (sources say the filmmakers went back to dig through the tapes once again when the most recent round of testing did not go well), the studio has brought on two movie-musical veterans to consult on the project: Marc Platt, who has a strong background in producing musicals and worked on Disney’s upcoming Mary Poppins Returns; and Chris Montan, a longtime executive music producer for Disney’s animated project such as Pocahontas, Toy Story, Hercules and Frozen.

The lengthy casting process could be a promising sign, however. Disney has had success with previous extensive casting searches for its live-action fare, from Lily James as Cinderella to Daisy Ridley as Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and insiders say the studio's delay in landing Aladdin is due to its determination to get the casting right for such a beloved and iconic character.

With shooting for Aladdin now planned to start in August, Disney may have to use all three of its wishes to find its diamond in the rough.

'Aladdin': Disney Struggles to Find Stars for Its Live-Action Movie

Can't believe Disney is trusting ritchey with a bunch of money....

Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott Announced as the Stars for Guy Ritchie's ALADDIN

aladdin.jpg

Relative newcomer Mena Massoud and Power Rangers star Naomi Scott have booked a flight on a magic carpet ride.

Massoud has secured the coveted role of Aladdin while Scott will be playing Jasmine in the Guy Ritchie-directed Aladdin movie. The announcement came at D23 Saturday. The duo join the only other talent cast for the Disney musical, Will Smith, who will be playing the Genie.

The casting news comes days after The Hollywood Reporter looked into the months-long search for the leads, which included casting directors stationed in multiple countries and testing over 2,000 actors of the roles.While there was interest in names like Dev Patel and Riz Ahmed, Disney ultimately went with an unknown to play their Prince Ali.

Aladdin is set to begin shooting in August in London. Disney is currently on the hunt for villain Jafar, who will likely be played by a name actor. Other roles yet to be filled include the Sultan and Jafar's sidekick Iago.

Aladdin will be the latest installment in Disney's long-line of lucrative live-action adaptations of their classic animations, which include the upcoming Mulan movie, from director Niki Caro, and Jon Favreau's Lion King.

Massoud — who was born in Egypt and raised in Canada — is part of the cast of Amazon's Jack Ryan series starring John Krasinski, and previously appeared in the TeenNick series Open Heart.

Scott — a British actress and singer whose mother is from northern India — has also appeared in the film The 33 and the Fox series Terra Nova.

'Aladdin': Disney Remake Finds Its Leads

Comments: Wow. This is the 3rd time my fancasting came true..

Update: March 5, 2017

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting Vol. 16: Disney's ALADDIN

NAOMI SCOTT as PRINCESS JASMINE
Nzm0uh9.jpg

I chose rising star Naomi Scott as Jasmine. The 23-year-old English (Indian descent) actress and singer has appeared in Fox's Terra Nova and will star in the upcoming Power Rangers movie.

AVAN JOGIA as ALADDIN
2K0sAaK.jpg

Avan Jogia was the first actor that popped into my head when they first announced the Aladdin movie. The 5'10 actor is best known for his stints in Nickelodeon's Victorious and ABC's Twisted.

SETH MACFARLANE as GENIE
dwpmxqe.jpg

Didn't go with Dan Castellaneta (who did the voice work for the sequels and spinoffs). Want someone bigger and bolder for the iconic role. I chose Seth MacFarlane because his voice acting work is impeccable. Aside from his rich, distinct voice, his comedic timing is spot on. And the man can sing.

TONY SHALHOUB as THE SULTAN
RrROTPv.jpg

Outstanding character actor Tony Shalhoub would be a great as the Sultan who is generally very childish and pompous, but extremely kind at his core. The 63-year-old actor was last seen in the cancelled CBS show BrainDead.

GILBERT GOTTFRIED as IAGO THE PARROT
tqxDpBy.jpg

This is a no-brainer. Who better to voice the antagonistic (turned good in sequels and spinoffs) parrot than the original voice actor Gilbert Gottfried.

AMIR ARISON as JAFAR
zREuSdC.jpg

Ben Kingsley would be cool but he has already done this type of role before in the Prince of Persia movie. Amir Arison might be a wuss in The Blacklist but he can be a very menacing villain if he wants to (see Homeland).

New Behind-the-Scenes Footage from STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

The Force was strong at D23 as director Rian Johnson took fans behind-the-scenes. Though no trailer debuted, the new footage is the first since the film's teaser trailer debuted at April's Star Wars Celebration. The film stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Kelly Marie Tran.

"Rian has written a story that is unexpected but right. Some of the stuff that happens, people are going to go, 'oh my God," said Ridley in the featurette, which showed her fight training and battling about four people. Added Hamill, "Even though I think I know it all, they threw things at me story-wise I couldn't have imagined."

Earlier, Johnson welcomed Hamill, Ridley, Boyega, and Gwendoline Christie to the stage. "I already backstage tried to milk some Game of Thrones spoilers out of Gwen, and she was having none of it," said Johnson, who also introduced series newcomers including Tran, Laura Dern and Benicio Del Toro.

Johnson promised that despite Boyega's Finn being unconscious in the first trailer, he does indeed get up. Boyega seconded that. "Finn is about to have a fight with a formidable opponent," teased Boyega — giving a stern stare to Christie, who plays the villainous Captain Phasma.

'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' — Rian Johnson Shows Off Behind-the-Scenes Footage

Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott Announced as the Stars for Guy Ritchie's ALADDIN

aladdin.jpg

Relative newcomer Mena Massoud and Power Rangers star Naomi Scott have booked a flight on a magic carpet ride.

Massoud has secured the coveted role of Aladdin while Scott will be playing Jasmine in the Guy Ritchie-directed Aladdin movie. The announcement came at D23 Saturday. The duo join the only other talent cast for the Disney musical, Will Smith, who will be playing the Genie.

The casting news comes days after The Hollywood Reporter looked into the months-long search for the leads, which included casting directors stationed in multiple countries and testing over 2,000 actors of the roles.While there was interest in names like Dev Patel and Riz Ahmed, Disney ultimately went with an unknown to play their Prince Ali.

Aladdin is set to begin shooting in August in London. Disney is currently on the hunt for villain Jafar, who will likely be played by a name actor. Other roles yet to be filled include the Sultan and Jafar's sidekick Iago.

Aladdin will be the latest installment in Disney's long-line of lucrative live-action adaptations of their classic animations, which include the upcoming Mulan movie, from director Niki Caro, and Jon Favreau's Lion King.

Massoud — who was born in Egypt and raised in Canada — is part of the cast of Amazon's Jack Ryan series starring John Krasinski, and previously appeared in the TeenNick series Open Heart.

Scott — a British actress and singer whose mother is from northern India — has also appeared in the film The 33 and the Fox series Terra Nova.

'Aladdin': Disney Remake Finds Its Leads
No Brown people allowed I guess

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Footage Description from D23 Will Blow Your Mind!

thanos-promo-art-1010214.jpg

Marvel showed a trailer for Avengers: Infinity War at the D23 Expo today and while it's not been released online (and probably won't be), we do have a lengthy description courtesy of io9 and Marvel's Agent M. Needless to say, it sounds absolutely incredible and even bigger and better than we initially thought. Featuring nearly every Marvel character ever, there are tonnes of major reveals here.

The Hulkbuster armour returns, Black Panther and Winter Soldier defend Wakanda side-by-side and Thanos brings down an entire planet (or possibly even Earth's Moon) on Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Here is the footage description:

We’ll learn more about Thor and the Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok, but the Infinity War trailer opened with the Asgardian being flung against the windshield of the Milano, the ship commanded by Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) from Guardians of the Galaxy. “Get it off!” shouts Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper), as though a particularly ugly bug had been smushed there.

Mantis (Pom Klementieff) brings Thor back to life, and he promptly greets out Guardians with an unfriendly, “Who the hell are you?” (To be fair, Star-Lord had just told his fellow Guardians, “This might be dangerous, so let’s put on our mean faces.”) It then seems like Thor joins forces with the Guardians to guide them to Earth, where we see the following things go down, in quick succession:

Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) seems to cut a flaming car in half. It looks like her beau Vision (Paul Bethany) might be trapped nearby, and to judge from their faces, something sad and bad is going down.

“Death follows him like a shadow,” we hear, as Josh Brolin’s ultimate villain Thanos is teased.

Suddenly, Tom Hiddleston’s Loki appears, cutting through flaming wreckage to grab the Tesseract, which holds one of the Infinity Stones. Is this what Scarlet Witch and Vision were trying to prevent?

Next, there’s a glimpse of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker on his school bus. The hair on his arms stands up. How’s that for some trouble-activated spider-sense?

“He’s come to us,” someone says, as some alien ships crash land on a wrecked Earth. A worried Mantis stands with Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange, the Hulk, and the other heroes as the aircrafts approach.

“This does put a smile on my face,” intones Thanos, as Gamora (Zoe Saldana) takes in the wreckage of the room kept by the Collector (Benicio del Toro). More Infinity Stones pillaged.

And that’s when Thanos walks through a portal onto Earth — big and hulking and boasting a shit-eating grin. Star-Lord and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) leap into action, harnessing magic and airborne stepping stones. Even Spider-Man swings into action, wearing a cool new suit … perhaps the one teased at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming?

Briefly, we see Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), who’s blond now, and Captain America, who’s bearded. Listen, I know the fate of the universe is at stake, but don’t we all feel a little refreshed after spending valuable time on an undercover makeover? Talk to Wonder Woman about that, she knows what’s up.

In the final moments, things get truly heightened. Thanos grabs Thor’s head in his meaty paw and regards it like a grape he’s about to smush. Maybe he saw that scary black-and-white episode of Twin Peaks and wants to practice storming radio stations and breaking open heads?

“You can run from it,” growls Thanos, “but your destiny still arrives.” And then he holds up one hand and seemingly destroys a planet far away in the sky — or, if this scene is taking place on Earth, our freaking moon — and heaves the remains of it at our Avengers in a single shot.

Spider-Sense And More - This Avengers: Infinity War Footage Description Will Blow Your Mind

First Look at the Black Order in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR, Confirmed to Be Thanos' Children

DEzo7YkXkAEssMU.jpg

It turns out that Saturday's blockbuster trailer for Avengers: Infinity War wasn't the only big reveal from the 2018 Marvel Studios release.

When Thanos finally shows up in Infinity War to take on Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it looks like the villain (played by Josh Brolin) won't be alone. As was teased at D23 Expo Saturday, he'll be accompanied by the Black Order — and while the name alone might sound threatening enough, fans Marvel Comics know just how much of a problem they'll prove to be for the good guys.

First, here are the images of four statuettes revealed at D23 (which the Marvel Studios tweeted out, along with the words, "Major reveal alert! The children of Thanos, with Thanos himself, Josh Brolin!"). They'd literally been covered in shrouds until the big reveal.

The Black Order is a group of cosmic villains Thanos enlists to help him seek out the Infinity Stones across the cosmos of the Marvel Universe on the pages of Jonatan Hickman's Infinity event story from 2013. The group consists of Ebony Maw, Corvus Glave, Proxima Midnight, Supergiant, and the Black Dwarf. The group is also referred to as Cull Obsidian on the pages of Marvel Comics.

DEzuEH8UQAEL4Za.jpg

DEzpnjvXUAA0VhN.jpg:large

DEzpUUpU0AAzrKK.jpg

Marvel Unveils New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Villains

New Character Posters for STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

Star-Wars-Last-Jedi-Rey-Character-Poster.jpg

Star-Wars-Last-Jedi-Finn-character-poster.jpg

Star-Wars-Last-Jedi-General-Leia-character-poster.jpg

Star-Wars-Episode-8-Luke-Skywalker-Character-Poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back