Locked MNN (I Kill Giants Trailer; Nominations for 2018 Oscars and Razzie Awards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice Braga Joins NEW MUTANTS as Rosario Dawson Exits

Alice-Braga-New-Mutants-Dragonlord.jpg

Alice Braga has joined the cast of Josh Boone's X-Men spinoff, New Mutants.

Braga, who stars in USA's Queen of the South, is stepping into the role initially inhabited by Rosario Dawson, who has exited the project. The reason for the departure is unclear.

The Witch and Split star Anya Taylor-Joy, Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams and Stranger Things star Charlie Heaton are toplining the project, which also has 13 Reasons Why actor Henry Zaga and relative newcomer Blu Hunt in leading roles.

The studio is intent at taking a horror-thriller approach to the spinoff as it seeks to infuse its X-Men slate with distinct flavors a la Deadpool and Logan. Mutants, drawing heavily on the 1980s comic book works by Chris Claremont, Bob McLeod and Bill Sienkiewicz, will tell of five diverse teens learning to cope with their superpowers who must escape a secret facility where they are being held against their will.

Braga will play Dr. Cecilia Reyes, a medical doctor who has the ability to generate a protective bio-field around herself but also has more going on than she lets on.

New Mutants has a release date of April 13, 2018. Boone and his writing partner, Knate Lee, wrote the script for the project, which is set to shoot in July in Boston.

Brazil-born Braga has appeared in movies such as I Am Legend with Will Smith, Predators and Elysium. Queen of the South is in the midst of its second season.

Alice Braga Joins 'New Mutants' as Rosario Dawson Exits (Exclusive)

20th Century Fox Sets Release Dates for Six Untitled Marvel Films

X-Men-Marvel-Universe-063017-Dragonlord.jpg

As the comic book movie arms race between Marvel and DC continues to intensify, 20th Century Fox is attempting to get ahead of the curve and late last night, the studio staked claim on some prime real estate that spans over the next few years by dating SIX of their Untitled Fox/Marvel films.

The studio wisely chose not to divulge which X-film will arrive on which specific date, as the dates are all subject to change, but they do make it abundantly clear that they have big plans for the future of one of their most prized franchises: the X-Men.

Here's a look at Fox's updated X-Universe release calendar:

Untitled Fox/Marvel Film - June 7, 2019 (new)
Untitled Fox/Marvel Film - November 22, 2019 (new)
Untitled Fox/Marvel Film - March 13, 2020 (new)
Untitled Fox/Marvel Film - June 26, 2020 (new)
Untitled Fox/Marvel Film - October 2, 2020 (new)
Untitled Fox/Marvel Film - March 5, 2021 (new)

Based on what we already know, Fox is in various stages of development on X-Force, Gambit, and Deadpool 3, so there's a very good chance a few of these dates have been reserved for those projects. They have also recently expressed interest in further spin-offs, including films centered around Dafne Keen's X-23, Alpha Flight, and the Exiles, so those features could also be in play.

Another Fantastic Four film has also recently been rumored to be in development.

Breaking down the dates, the previously announced February 14, 2019 date seems to be an ideal launching pad for their long-gestating Gambit solo feature, although there's an equally good possibility X-Force, which already has Joe Carnahan (Stretch) attached to direct, lands there. It would be a fairly quick turnaround for stars Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, and Zazie Beetz after Deadpool 2, but it's certainly doable if production were to start next spring.

Assuming Gambit claims February, June 7 is also a potential X-Force date since it's unlikely to house a prime X-Men sequel with Dark Phoenix arriving just around six months prior. As for November 22, a date typically reserved for a big name release, it's up in the air whether they'd roll out another main continuity X-Men film so soon unless they decided to split Dark Phoenix into two parts.

2020 will once again see the release of three films and since this past March proved to be kind to Logan, could March 13 be marked for the return of X-23 in her own solo feature? Meanwhile, June 26 seems like a better release date for Deadpool 3 or X-Men 8, while October 2 will likely be used to either debut another spin-off franchise or maybe for a New Mutants sequel and/or a new Fantastic Four reboot. The same candidates are also in consideration for March 5, 2021.

X-MEN Studio 20th Century Fox Dates Six Untitled MARVEL Movies - Is One Of Them X-FORCE Or FANTASTIC FOUR?

ATOMIC BLONDE Final Trailer Shows a Brutal and Bloody Charlize Theron

Paramount Sets July 12, 2019 Release for TOP GUN: MAVERICK

Paramount-Top-Gun-063017-Dragonlord.jpg

Maverick will fly again in summer 2019.

Paramount has set the release date for it's Top Gun sequel as July 12, 2019. Tom Cruise, who once again will play the lead, has said the film will be titled Top Gun: Maverick and that he expected to begin filming by the end of the year.

Oblivion director Joseph Kosinski is circling the sequel to the 1986 hit, which follows fighter pilots as they grapple with drone tech that is making their old style of flying obsolete. Jerry Bruckheimer is returning to produce the sequel, along with Skydance's David Ellison and Cruise.

The original film was directed by the late Tony Scott and also starred Anthony Edwards. It saw Cruise play a hot shot pilot who becomes a student at the most elite fighter pilot school in the world, with the ending suggesting he'd go on to teach there.

So far, the Top Gun sequel has the date to itself. A Spider-Man: Homecoming followup is set for a week earlier, while The Lion King opens a week later.

Paramount Sets July 12, 2019 Release Date for Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun: Maverick'

New DARK TOWER Poster Featuring the Gunslinger and the Man in Black

DD0n8IAXYAAAU1r.jpg

Lionsgate in Talks to Pick Up HELLBOY: RISE OF THE BLOOD QUEEN

The Hellboy reboot that will star Stranger Things’ David Harbour as the title character may have found a home.

Lionsgate is in final negotiations to pick up the project, which is titled Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen and has Neil Marshall on board to direct, THR has confirmed. Splash Report first reported the news.

Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin are producing, as is Mike Richardson of Dark Horse Entertainment.

Hellboy is a unique franchise in that so far each installment has been released by a different studio. Adapting the works of comic creator Mike Mignola, the first movie was made by Revolution Studios and released by Sony in 2004. The sequel, Hellboy: The Golden Army, was made by Universal and released in 2008.

Both movies were directed by Guillermo del Toro and starred Ron Perlman as a demon raised by a kind, and human, professor, working to fight supernatural evildoers for an organization called Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense.

Del Toro and Perlman tried to launch a third installment, but budgetary issues proved to be challenging and the producers decided to instead venture forward with a reboot. Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen is eyeing a fall shoot.

Lionsgate in Talks to Pick Up 'Hellboy' Reboot, 'Rise of the Blood Queen'

Ang Lee's GEMINI MAN Starring Will Smith Gets October 2019 Release

Mgk5jvw.png

Paramount is readying Gemini Man for 2019. The studio announced Thursday that it will release Ang Lee's clone assassin movie on Oct. 4, 2019. It is currently the only film dated for release during that month.

Will Smith is set to star as an aging assassin who tried to get out of the business but finds himself in the ultimate battle: fighting his own clone who is 25 years younger than him and at the peak of his abilities. Jerry Bruckheimer, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Don Granger are producing the pic, with Don Murphy and Chad Oman serving as executive producers.

The long-gestating project was first set up at Disney in 1997 as a pitch by Darren Lemke, with Murphy producing and Tony Scott directing. While always popular with executives inside and outside the studio, Gemini Man was considered unfilmable for many years, as visual effects technology did not yet allow for the same actor to realistically play two different ages.

Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Skydance Media are resuming the project, with Lee — who has pushed the VFX envelope with Life of Pi and Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk — directing the high-concept action thriller. The project will finally be realized, as more films have recently used digital effects to "de-age" actors in flashback scenes, including Brad Pitt in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy, Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Kurt Russell in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Michael Douglas in Ant-Man and Robert Downey Jr. in Captain America: Civil War, to name a few.

Ang Lee's 'Gemini Man' Starring Will Smith Gets October 4, 2019 Release Date

Sharlto Copley is God in Oats Studios' Third Short Film GOD: SERENGETI

First Teaser Trailer for GODZILLA: MONSTER PLANET Anime Movie

Randall Park Joins ANT-MAN AND THE WASP as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Jimmy Woo

fjC9gBD.jpg

Fresh Off the Boat star Randall Park is set to play S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Jimmy Woo in Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp, the Tracking Board has exclusively learned.

Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly will return to play the title characters, and they’ll be joined by Black Mirror actress Hannah John-Kamen, whose role remains a mystery. Michael Douglas and Michael Peña are also expected to return as Hank Pym and Luis, the latter of whom might just get a new girlfriend this time around.

Peyton Reed is directing the sequel to the 2015 comic book movie, which ended with Hank Pym showing his daughter Hope van Dyne her new Wasp costume as Scott Lang embraces the responsibility of playing Ant-Man.

Ant-Man grossed more than $500 million worldwide, and Disney is slated to release the sequel on July 6, 2018.

Park, who stars on ABC’s Fresh Off the Boat and HBO’s Veep, previously shared the screen with Rudd in the 2014 comedy They Came Together. This summer, he appeared in both Snatched and The House, and he’ll soon be seen alongside his The Interview co-star James Franco in The Disaster Artist.

'Fresh Off the Boat' Star Randall Park to Play SHIELD Agent Jimmy Woo in Marvel's 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' (Exclusive)

http://www.independent.ie/entertain...illain-in-avengers-infinity-war-35908289.html

It looks like Tom Vaughan Lawlor is in for very, very big things.

The Irish actor made a name for himself as Nidge in RTE's critically acclaimed gangland drama Love/Hate until 2014, but after a string of successful parts on these shores, he has his sights set on Hollywood.

Lawlor, from Dundrum, was picture filming opposite Benedict Cumberbatch in the Avengers: Infinity War in Atlanta, Georgia on Thursday, attacking Doctor Strange, prompting speculation he's lined as the new mystery villain in the blockbuster franchise.

BGUK_911588_004.jpeg

Film bosses are keeping details of the new set of villains under wraps to keep fans waiting until its 2018 release, but eagle eyed American fans, who have no clue the 'CGI Man' is a major star in Ireland, have been quick to note his role is likely a big one.

EB Maw is written on the back of his shoulders, sending fans into overdrive that he will be play Ebony Maw, who appears in the comics, as an alien who has the power of mind control and works for big bad Thanos's Black Order.

Full Trailer for Gerard Butler's Disaster Pic GEOSTORM

Interesting. Very different tone and feel from the teaser.

Also, Ed Harris is in this shit? Sold!

I still wish they had chosen to use practical effects as much as possible, which they clearly did not do, but I'm down to check this out for sure.

I still wish they had chosen to use practical effects as much as possible, which they clearly did not do, but I'm down to check this out for sure.
I came in to ask Dragon why he would post something about fucking Geostorm.... now I know.
And yea, I'm judging you a bit

I came in to ask Dragon why he would post something about fucking Geostorm.... now I know.

C'mon man, who doesn't like a good disaster movie?

You didn't enjoy Twister and Dante's Peak back in the day?

I post all kinds of genres news and trailers in here, why should Geostorm be different? :) Personally, I'm also a sucker for big-budget disaster movies.

That looks like a tonal disaster. All this serious stuff is going one, the world is ending basically, millions of people are dying, so why did they lay the cheese on so heavy that the whole thing looks campy?

That looks like a tonal disaster. All this serious stuff is going one, the world is ending basically, millions of people are dying, so why did they lay the cheese on so heavy that the whole thing looks campy?

The weird thing is that the first trailer was quite serious. This one feels more campy.

I suspect the actual movie is somewhere in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back