Locked MNN (I Kill Giants Trailer; Nominations for 2018 Oscars and Razzie Awards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've commented in the past MNN thread that Coco looks very similar to Guillermo del Toro's The Book of Life. I think the reception for Coco has been tepid so far and the box office will be very underwhelming.

Agreed , I liked Book of life and this looks a bit more vibrant but looks like a bad slot to be put in.

After reading @shadow_priest_x thread on how 2017 has been disappointing, i couldnt help but feel a sense of relief going through the mvies coming out the second half of the year. Dunkirk, Blade Runner, Dark Tower, Wind River, and American Made all look excellent. Also, a thriller with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jake Gyllenhaal has to be great.

After reading @shadow_priest_x thread on how 2017 has been disappointing, i couldnt help but feel a sense of relief going through the mvies coming out the second half of the year. Dunkirk, Blade Runner, Dark Tower, Wind River, and American Made all look excellent. Also, a thriller with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jake Gyllenhaal has to be great.

Yeah, thankfully there do appear to be some good ones in the second half of the year. I guess that's the way it usually goes though, the closer you get to awards season, the better the movies become.

Yeah, thankfully there do appear to be some good ones in the second half of the year. I guess that's the way it usually goes though, the closer you get to awards season, the better the movies become.
yeah, and this time of year, its all pretty much superhero movies and blockbuster sequels. Other than guardians 2, all of my most anticpated films of the year still havent come out. its looking like 2017 will finish strong

First Trailer for STARSHIP TROOPERS: TRAITOR OF MARS

Casper Van Dien and Dina Meyer return as the voices of Johnny Rico and Dizzy Flores in an all-new military adventure from the writer of Starship Troopers and Robocop, Ed Neumeier. In theaters one night only on August 21.

Wait did I just hear Dizz as in Dizz Flores? So shes not dead then or what

First Trailer for FLATLINERS Remake Starring Ellen Page, Diego Luna

In Flatliners, five medical students, obsessed by the mystery of what lies beyond the confines of life, embark on a daring and dangerous experiment: by stopping their hearts for short periods of time, each triggers a near-death experience – giving them a firsthand account of the afterlife. But as their experiments become increasingly dangerous, they are each haunted by the sins of their pasts, brought on by the paranormal consequences of trespassing to the other side. In theaters September 29.

Why oh why do they have to remake Flatliners? Couldn't they just leave it alone?

Reginald Hudlin to Direct Valiant's SHADOWMAN with Adam Simon to Rewrite the Script

Reginald-Hudlin-Shadowman-1-Dragonlord.jpg

Independent comic book company Valiant Entertainment is continuing its march toward the big screen, with Heat Vision learning that the adaptation of its Shadowman series has brought on new creative team to redevelop the property.

Adam Simon, showrunner for WGN America's Salem, will rewrite a screenplay by J. Michael Straczynski based on the supernatural comic book property, sources familiar with the project revealed. Reginald Hudlin, fresh off his directorial return with this October's Thurgood Marshall thriller Marshall, is attached to direct.

Shadowman is a supernatural concept based around an African-American musician in New Orleans who becomes infected by a spirit that allows him otherworldly abilities. As the latest incarnation of the titular Shadowman, a mystical defender of Earth against demonic invasion, he has to protect against threats from Master Darque and other denizens of the netherworld known as the Deadside.

The character debuted in 1992's Shadowman No. 1, and currently appears in the company's current Rapture comic book series, which launched last month.

For the film, Hudlin and Simon will work together on the revised story for the project, while Straczynski remains on board as executive producer. The Sean Daniel Company's Sean Daniel and Jason Brown will produce with Valiant Entertainment's Dinesh Shamdasani. As with Valiant's Archer & Armstrong, the project will be developed in-house before being shopped to studios.

Although this will be Hudlin's first cinematic superhero project, he has a significant body of work in superhero comics, including a four-year run on Marvel's Black Panther, and his current work reviving the Milestone franchise for DC Entertainment. He also wrote the comic book adaptation of Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, and co-wrote the follow-up, Django/Zorro, with Matt Wagner.

Shadowman is one of many Valiant properties to be developed for the big screen. Sony has a five-picture deal with the company for its Harbinger and Bloodshot characters, with Archer & Armstrong being developed by Terry Rossio and Zombieland's Ruben Fleischer. Quantum & Woody is also under development for television, with Joe and Anthony Russo as executive producers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ro-movie-shadowman-1012174?utm_source=twitter

Why oh why do they have to remake Flatliners? Couldn't they just leave it alone?

It’s not a remake, it’s a stealth sequel.

Kiefer Sutherland is reprising his role from the 1990 movie:

“I play a professor at the medical university. It is never stated but it will probably be very clearly understood that I’m the same character I was in the original Flatliners but that I have changed my name and I’ve done some things to move on from the experiments that we were doing in the original film. I loved making the first film and when I was asked if I would be interested in taking part in this, it didn’t take more than a minute to say yes.”

Jessica Chastain in Talks to Play the Villain in X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX

tR1uaMG.jpg

Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to star as the villain in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, the latest installment of Fox’s banner-carrying X-Men movie franchise.

At the same time, Fox is getting the band together one more time and has closed deals with Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult to return to the franchise after their original three-picture deals expired.

Longtime X-Men steward Simon Kinberg is writing and due to make his directorial debut with the tentpole, which is aiming to retell the defining Dark Phoenix storyline from the early 1980s comic book.

Sophie Turner is reprising her role as the X-Men heroine Jean Grey, aka Phoenix, a telepath who, in the comics, saw her powers become amplified to the Nth degree when she becomes imbued by a cosmic energy called the Phoenix Force. It eventually overtook her personality and made her bad, necessitating the X-Men to stop her.

The storyline was crudely adapted in 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand, which was critically maligned and rejected by fans. Kinberg and co. are looking to redeem that effort with their own take that sources say will hew closer to the classic story by Chris Claremont and John Byrne.

If a deal makes, sources say Chastain would play Lilandra, the empress of an alien empire called the Shi’ar, who leads the quest to imprison and execute Dark Phoenix, leading her into conflict with the X-Men.

(She also commands an alien super-team named the Imperial Guard, but it is unclear if that group will be featured in the movie.)

The movie is prepping for a Montreal shoot. Also returning to the movie will be X-Men: Apocalypse stars Alexandra Shipp, Tye Sheridan and Kodi Smit-McPhee. X-Men: Dark Phoenix opens Nov. 2, 2018.

Chastain last starred in the World War Two drama The Zookeeper’s Wife and has Molly’s Game, the drama that is the directorial debut of writer Aaron Sorkin, in post.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...x-villain-jessica-chastain-talks-role-1013462

Watch the Sci-Fi Short Film RAKKA from Neill Blomkamp's Oats Studios

"At Oats Studios, the creation of Volume 1 required immense resources. Our wish is to receive funding sourced directly from our audience, as we establish a studio fueled by pure creativity and passion. We have many, many more worlds to create and stories to tell, but we need help from people around the globe. Our goal is to create Volumes 2, 3 and more and eventually, full scale-scale features. If you feel positive about what you’ve seen and want more, please support us by checking out our Oats Studios - Volume 1 Assets page where you will be able to purchase additional content."

First Trailer for Groundhog Day-esque Slasher Movie HAPPY DEATH DAY

Synopsis: Blumhouse (Split, Get Out, Whiplash) produces an original and inventive rewinding thriller in HAPPY DEATH DAY, in which a college student (Jessica Rothe, La La Land) relives the day of her murder with both its unexceptional details and terrifying end until she discovers her killer’s identity. In Theaters Friday The 13th October.

Looks fun. It's like a cross between Scream and Groundhog Day.

Mel Gibson Joins the Family in First DADDY'S HOME 2 Trailer

Last edited:
Whalberg and Farrell need to do a sequel for The Other Guys, that was too epic

First one was awesome! Looking forward to this one. Didn't the first one end with John Cena pulling up & he waz supposed to be the big bad in the next one?

First one was awesome! Looking forward to this one. Didn't the first one end with John Cena pulling up & he waz supposed to be the big bad in the next one?

Things change; it was just an ending.

Obviously, in development, they had bigger plans.

Gibson looks awesome, and John Lithgow and WF, look hilarious.

Cena will prolly be in there too, just a smaller role and it was just a teaser trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back