MNN (Trailer for Shark Thriller 47 Meters Down; Joe Johnston to Direct Narnia: The Silver Chair)

I am a firm believer that Dune cannot be done as a movie. It's just too damn dense to fit in anything 2.5hrs or less.
I probably agree, but I want to see them try it again. Or at least try to capture part of the essence.

First Teaser Trailer for Pixar's CARS 3

Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez, with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage! Disney/Pixar's Cars 3 opens in US theatres in 3D June 16, 2017.

Angela Bassett to Play T'Challa's Mother in Marvel's BLACK PANTHER

Angela-Bassett-Black-Panther-Dragonlord.jpg

Angela Bassett has joined the cast of Marvel's Black Panther. Ryan Coogler is directing the project, which will star Chadwick Boseman in the title role.

Actors Michael B. Jordan, Forest Whitaker, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke and Florence Kasumba also are on the call sheet.

Bassett will play Ramonda, mother of T’Challa, aka Black Panther. The film is slated for a Feb. 16, 2018, release.

Bassett is one of the stars of American Horror Story, Fox’s horror anthology, with her work garnering two Emmy nominations. She last appeared on the big screen in London Has Fallen and before that, Spike Lee’s Chi-raq.

Angela Bassett to Play the Mother of T'Challa in Marvel's 'Black Panther'

MONSTER HUNTER Movie in the Works from Paul W.S. Anderson

Monster-Hunter-112116-Dragonlord.jpg

Writer-director Paul W.S Anderson and his Impact Pictures producing partner Jeremy Bolt will soon shop their next video game to movie franchise play. Their manager Ken Kamins has begun taking meetings with the filmmakers on Monster Hunter, a wildly popular video game IP from Capcom, the Japanese video game maker that developed and distributes Resident Evil.

Anderson has written the first film’s script, and they come armed with still and VFX visual renderings of the creatures (including the below image of a dragon wreaking havoc on LAX) and a detailed game plan that will include a partnership with Dennis Berardi. He’s the co-founder and president of Toronto-based VFX house Mr. X that helped enable Anderson and Bolt to bring in the Resident Evil series for reasonable net budget in the $50-plus million range for each of the final 3D pictures. Monster Hunter will cost a similar amount.

The role-playing video game Monster Hunter is a bestseller for Capcom and should be catnip for tentpole IP-hungry studios; the game is especially popular in Japan (where the Universal theme park already has an attraction) and in China.

The logline: For every Monster, there is a Hero. An ordinary man in a dead end job discovers that he is actually the descendant of an ancient hero. He must travel to a mystical world to train to become a Monster Hunter, before the mythical creatures from that world destroy ours.

monster-hunter.jpg

As ‘Resident Evil’ Nears $1 Billion, Paul W.S. Anderson & Jeremy Bolt Set ‘Monster Hunter’ (Exclusive)

Comments: Monster Hunter movie ("Yes!")... from Paul W.S. Anderson (":mad:").

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Couldn't find a thread for Fantastic Beasts , so just posting mini review here

8.5/10

I enjoyed it , not high on the Harry Potter series books or movies , but found this to be engaging .

Has a darker tone than the other series it is a prequel to with more older actors and the child actors have very small roles . Anyways Eddy Redmayne is solid in this as the quirky yet very thoughtful Newt Scamander , he plays him as awkward but likable , not familiar with the rest of his protagonist party but they had good Chemistry with him and I thought the story was well written and sets up the future movies well.

Frank Miller's HARD BOILED Movie in the Works with Ben Wheatley to Direct

Hard-Boiled-Frank-Miller-112116-Dragonlord.jpg

Warner Bros is negotiating to acquire the Frank Miller and Geof Darrow comic book Hard Boiled, with the studio poised to set Free Fire‘s Ben Wheatley to adapt and direct.

The film will be a co-production between Solipsist Films and Hollywood Gang, produced by Stephen L’Heureux, Bernie Goldmann and Gianni Nunnari. Solipsist did Miller’s Sin City, and Hollywood Gang did Miller’s 300.

Miller’s got those credits and Darrow also is widely considered one of the great artists of his generation, and the third big brain on the Matrix films, which he helped the Wachowskis design.

Hard Boiled debuted in 1990 and focuses on insurance investigator Carl Seltz, who learns that he’s really a homicidal cyborg tax collector codenamed Nixon. A fellow robot informs him that he’s the last hope for their race to escape their programmed slavery.

Deadline hears that while all the deals have to be made on Hard Boiled, Warner Bros is looking for Ben Wheatley to develop the action film as a potential vehicle for The Avengers and The Night Manager star Tom Hiddleston.

Add Tom Hiddleston To Ben Wheatley & Warner Bros Circling Frank Miller & Geof Darrow’s ‘Hard Boiled’ – Update

Comments: One of my favorite guilty pleasure comic books back in the day. The ultra-violent action was Kingsman church scene crazy. Geoff Darrow's attention to details on his artwork was extraordinary. Plus, there were sex scenes galore.

Chinese Action Star Zhang Jin and More Asian Actors Join PACIFIC RIM 2

Zhang-Jin-Pacific-Rim-Maelstrom-Dragonlord.jpg

Legendary Entertainment has tapped Chinese action film star Zhang Jin for Pacific Rim 2, joining Jing Tiang, John Boyega, Scott Eastwood and Cailee Spaeny.

Other Chinese actors in the sequel, which has been filming in Australia, include Wesley Wong, Lily Ji, Chen Zitong, Lan Yingying and Qian Yong Chen with cameos by Xiao Yang and Korean actor Kim Jeong-Hoon.

Steven S. DeKnight is directing, based on the world created by Guillermo del Toro and Travis Beacham.

“We are very excited that we have such amazing Chinese talent joining us on ‘Pacific Rim’ our new story has a strong connection to China and this great Chinese cast will help us bring it to life,” said Dr. Jack Gao, an exec with Beijing Wanda Cultural Industry Group, which owns Legendary Entertainment.

Zhang Jin’s credits include The Grandmaster, Ip Man 3, SPL 2, The Man from Macau and Kill Zone 2. He was Zhang Ziyi’s stunt double in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

The film will be released Feb. 23, 2018 by Universal Pictures around the world with the exception of China.

Chinese Action Star Zhang Jin Joins the Cast of ‘Pacific Rim 2’ (Exclusive)

First Look at John Boyega on the Set of PACIFIC RIM: MAELSTROM

John Boyega is hard at work in Sydney on another upcoming science-fiction action blockbuster, Pacific Rim: Maelstrom. The set was built in Cronulla over the weekend, with filming in the movie’s post-apocalyptic world kicking off yesterday much to the intrigue of curious Shire locals. Cronulla is the second Australian location for the much-hyped sequel, with filming beginning last month in Queensland after a $20 million grant from the NSW government.

bfdbb6ee7acbaaf1687bf3a41f63ff15

9981715eb0f6ec8847b1f36d4240bb01

708002bad0a066799df93f4d238606f1

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...r/news-story/86eda0a4ea4adcf990ea4928433ffc3a

I am a firm believer that Dune cannot be done as a movie. It's just too damn dense to fit in anything 2.5hrs or less.

I wholeheartedly concur.

Fortunately in this day and age there's a good chance they go the Netflix route. That would be the ideal medium.

JOHN WICK 2 Director Chad Stahelski to Direct HIGHLANDER Reboot

Chad-Stahelski-Director-Highlander-Dragonlord.jpg

There can be only one and, in this case, it's Chad Stahelski. Stahelski, who, along with David Leitch, was the filmmaker behind John Wick, has signed on to direct the long-gestating reboot of Highlander for Lionsgate.

"I've been a huge fan of the original property since I saw it in high school," Stahelski told The Hollywood Reporter. "Such great themes of immortality, love, and identity are all wrapped up in such colorful mythology. I can't think of a better property that gives the opportunity to create interesting characters, mythic themes and action set pieces."

The original Highlander starred Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Clancy Brown as immortal beings, hunting down one another and collecting more power. Lambert played Scottish swordsman Connor MacLeod, Connery portrayed Egyptian Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez and Clancy was a barbarian known as the Kurgan. The film — with its "There can be only one" catchphrase — spawned four sequels and three television series.

The Highlander reboot has been in the works since 2008 when Lionsgate-owned label Summit acquired the rights. The project has seen directors such as Justin Lin, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Cedric Nicolas-Troyan go through its doors.

But Lionsgate never gave up on what it believes could be its next big franchise. A search for new scribes to work with Stahelski is about to get underway.

'John Wick' Director Chad Stahelski Tackling 'Highlander' Reboot (Exclusive)

JOHN WICK 2 Director Chad Stahelski to Direct HIGHLANDER Reboot

Chad-Stahelski-Director-Highlander-Dragonlord.jpg

There can be only one and, in this case, it's Chad Stahelski. Stahelski, who, along with David Leitch, was the filmmaker behind John Wick, has signed on to direct the long-gestating reboot of Highlander for Lionsgate.

"I've been a huge fan of the original property since I saw it in high school," Stahelski told The Hollywood Reporter. "Such great themes of immortality, love, and identity are all wrapped up in such colorful mythology. I can't think of a better property that gives the opportunity to create interesting characters, mythic themes and action set pieces."

The original Highlander starred Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Clancy Brown as immortal beings, hunting down one another and collecting more power. Lambert played Scottish swordsman Connor MacLeod, Connery portrayed Egyptian Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez and Clancy was a barbarian known as the Kurgan. The film — with its "There can be only one" catchphrase — spawned four sequels and three television series.

The Highlander reboot has been in the works since 2008 when Lionsgate-owned label Summit acquired the rights. The project has seen directors such as Justin Lin, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Cedric Nicolas-Troyan go through its doors.

But Lionsgate never gave up on what it believes could be its next big franchise. A search for new scribes to work with Stahelski is about to get underway.

'John Wick' Director Chad Stahelski Tackling 'Highlander' Reboot (Exclusive)

I hope they come up with a better explanation for the Immortals' existence than they had in the original franchise.

First Trailer for Martin Scorsese's SILENCE Starring Liam Neeson, Andrew Garfield

Martin Scorsese’s Silence tells the story of two Christian missionaries (Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver) who face the ultimate test of faith when they travel to Japan in search of their missing mentor (Liam Neeson) – at a time when Christianity was outlawed and their presence forbidden. The celebrated director’s 28-year journey to bring Shusaku Endo’s 1966 acclaimed novel to life will be in theaters this Christmas.

Adam Driver is one ugly mother fucker

Lol I'm not really one to judge someone of their appearance but his face is really weird. I was thinking the same thing when I saw him, he's like an abstract face painting come to life.

60-x-60cm-850-dhs__27686-310x310_thumb.jpg

SILENCE looks great, and it's another period piece that I'm probably going to want to watch was a STAR WARS film. This and KINGDOM OF HEAVEN look like the STAR WARS of my dreams.

First Teaser Poster for ALIEN: COVENANT; New May 19, 2017 Release Date

Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant find what they believe to be an uncharted paradise. What the crew discover is a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Directed by Ridley Scott, the film stars Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace and Guy Pearce, returning in their roles from Prometheus, with newcomers Katherine Waterston, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir and Billy Crudup. Alien: Covenant is scheduled to be released on May 19, 2017.

Alien-Covenant-Poster.jpg

First Teaser Poster for ALIEN: COVENANT; New May 19, 2017 Release Date

Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant find what they believe to be an uncharted paradise. What the crew discover is a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Directed by Ridley Scott, the film stars Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace and Guy Pearce, returning in their roles from Prometheus, with newcomers Katherine Waterston, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir and Billy Crudup. Alien: Covenant is scheduled to be released on May 19, 2017.

Alien-Covenant-Poster.jpg
Poster usually means trailer tomorrow right?

First Trailer for GOON Sequel, GOON: LAST OF THE ENFORCERS

It’s a new day for the Halifax Highlanders. A pro lockout has reunited old teammates and brought a crew of new players to the bench; notably missing from the line-up, however, is everyone’s favourite enforcer and heart of the team, Doug “The Thug” Glatt (Sean William Scott).

Sidelined after one too many hits and now married with a baby on the way, Doug is hanging up his skates and settling into life as an insurance salesman. But when Doug’s nemesis, Anders Cain, is made captain of the Highlanders and new ownership threatens to tear his team apart, Doug is compelled back into action.

Ignoring the wishes of wife Eva, Doug heads to the rink, discovering an unlikely training partner in fellow retired enforcer and one-time arch rival, Ross “The Boss” Rhea (Liev Schreiber). Together with grit, passion and unrivaled loyalty, they will grind out one last chance to do what they do best…protect their team. Goon: Last Of The Enforcers opens in theatres March 17, 2017.

Back