Locked MNN (I Kill Giants Trailer; Nominations for 2018 Oscars and Razzie Awards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Teaser Trailer for Ava DuVernay's A WRINKLE IN TIME

The film, which is an epic adventure based on Madeleine L’Engle’s timeless classic which takes audiences across dimensions of time and space, examining the nature of darkness versus light and ultimately, the triumph of love. A Wrinkle In Time opens in US theatres March 9, 2018.

George A Romero, Night of the Living Dead director, dies aged 77
best-George-A-Romero-movies.jpg

George A Romero, director of horror classic Night of the Living Dead, has died. He was 77.

In a statement to the Los Angeles Times, Romero’s producing partner Peter Grunwald said the director died in his sleep after a “brief but aggressive battle with lung cancer”.

Night of the Living Dead, a zombie film which combined horror and social satire, which Romero co-wrote with John Russo, was released in 1968 and became a cult classic. It spawned a series: Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead. The last was released in 2009.

Martin Landau, star of Ed Wood and Crimes and Misdemeanors, dies at 89

S64H4qk.png

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...d-wood-and-crimes-and-misdemeanors-dies-at-89

Martin Landau, the actor whose gaunt, hangdog features graced films by film-makers as varied as Alfred Hitchcock, Woody Allen and Tim Burton has died. He was 89, and his death was confirmed by his publicist “following a short hospitalisation”.

Arguably Landau’s career high point arrived in 1995, when he won the best supporting actor Oscar for his role as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood, the Burton-directed biopic of the infamous director of Plan 9 From Outer Space and other notorious films. In Lugosi, the washed-up former star of 1930s horror films such as Count Dracula, Landau found a forerunner he could relate to. “Lugosi ... had a palpable intensity and a presence that you can’t buy,” Landau said, just prior to his Oscar win. “But this fuckin’ town shat on him ... And I can relate to that. I’ve seen it happen a lot. I’ve seen it happen to me.”

Last edited by a moderator:
the walking dead better do some sort of tribute to Romero. just something subtle like Carl killing a hipster zombie that has a Night of the Living Dead T shirt on

Not gonna lie. Skimmed over thread title and my heart broke. I thought it said George RR Martin had died. I feel bad for being so goddammed relieved.

2nd Trailer for Denis Villeneuve's BLADE RUNNER 2049

First Trailer for Texas Chainsaw Massacre Prequel LEATHERFACE

I don't what to make of that trailer...

It's nice to see Dorff though. If it is shit, he'll at least be a positive.

James Jean does some work for Guillermo del Toro's SHAPE OF WATER

11236169_1452675681438356_5184081320018761587_o.jpg

IT Director Andy Muschietti to Direct ROBOTECH for Sony

RqOfbBJ.jpg

Sony’s Robotech is getting It status. Andy Muschietti, who directed the upcoming film version of Stephen King’s It, has been tapped to develop and helm the studio’s adaptation of the anime featuring giant armored warriors.

Muschietti's creative partner Barbara Muschietti will join Gianni Nunnari and Mark Canton in producing the project, which is based on the 1980s cartoon series from Harmony Gold USA and Japan's Tatsunoko Productions. It was re-edited and re-dialogued to combine three Japanese anime series to give the producers enough episodes to air as a daily syndicated series.

Robotech is a sprawling sci-fi epic that takes place in a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology of an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific island. The technology comes in handy when the humankind has to fend off a wave of alien invasions.

Hollywood has been trying to bring the mechas to the big screen for over a decade, with Sony picking up the rights in 2015. The studio previously courted James Wan to direct the potential franchise before the filmmaker committed to Aquaman.

The project currently has no writer but the studio expects to work with the Muschietti siblings to find someone to execute Andy Muschietti's filmmaker. The project is a high priority for Sony and it is moving quickly.

Sanford Panitch and Matthew Milam are overseeing for Columbia. David Hopwood is shepherding for Canton, while Shannon Gaulding runs point for Hollywood Gang.

Frank and Jehan Agrama, who produced the original series, are also involved.

Muschietti got his start in horror — he made his English-language debut with the 2013 surprise hit Mama — and is awaiting the September release of It from New Line Cinema. The movie's trailer scored one of the largest views ever in a 24-hour period, with prerelease interest at stratospheric levels. The same applies to Hollywood interest in Muschietti, who looks with It to have pulled off the difficult task of adapting one of King’s classics.

The filmmaker recently came on board to direct the pilot for Hulu’s television series adaptation of the Joe Hill comic book Locke and Key.

'It' Director Andy Muschietti to Tackle 'Robotech' for Sony (Exclusive)

That Leatherface movie looks pretty good. I'm not familiar with the work of those directors, but they seem to be well received.

I really like the original film, but I have yet to see any other installment.

First Trailer for Texas Chainsaw Massacre Prequel LEATHERFACE

Why do these movie people insist on including parts like the guy shooting the girl in the head and the girl stabbing the person in the neck in trailers?? Save that for the damn movie. That's why I don't watch trailers. I had to see what the style of this looked like though and I like it. I'll go see it even if it gets bad reviews.

Oh, Hi Mark. First Teaser Trailer for THE DISASTER ARTIST

First Trailer for PROFESSOR MARSTON AND THE WONDER WOMEN

First Trailer for Prehistoric Survival Thriller ALPHA

THE HATEFUL EIGHT's Walton Goggins Joins ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

Si9s94X.jpg

Walton Goggins has sealed a deal to join Disney/Marvel’s Ant-Man And The Wasp, the sequel to the superhero pic that stars Paul Rudd. Casting outside returning star Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man, as well as the plot, has been mostly kept under typical Marvel-esque wraps, but Goggins has inked and the production is now set to get underway at month’s end in Atlanta.

Evangeline Lily as the Wasp, Michael Douglas, Michael Peña, T.I. and most recently Randall Park are also confirmed to star. No info on Goggins’ character, but we’ll likely get more info this week during Marvel’s Hall H presentation at Comic-Con. The pic already has a July 6, 2018 release date. Peyton Reed returns to direct the follow-up to 2015’s Ant-Man, which grossed $519.3 million worldwide.

It’s the latest big movie for Goggins, who will be on the big screen plenty in 2018. He stars opposite Alicia Vikander in the Tomb Raider reboot which bows March 16, and he just wrapped Maze Runner: The Death Cure, the third installment of the YA pic series, that bows February 9. He also recently shot Jon Avent’s The Three Christs Of Ypsilanti, was in Season 1 of History’s Six, and his HBO series with Danny McBride Vice Principals returns for Season 2 on September 17.

Walton Goggins Flies To ‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’

First Glimpse at Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian in SOLO

20065501_191333031403085_3323552475121713152_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back