Locked MNN (I Kill Giants Trailer; Nominations for 2018 Oscars and Razzie Awards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruth Negga to Star Opposite Brad Pitt in Sci-Fi Epic AD ASTRA

lmHaQdx.jpg

Oscar-nominated actress Ruth Negga will star with Brad Pitt in New Regency's Ad Astra, James Gray's upcoming sci-fi epic.

Tommy Lee Jones also is attached to the project, which is described as an adventure film about one man’s journey across a lawless and unforgiving solar system to find his missing father, a renegade scientist who poses a threat to all of mankind.

Negga's role is being kept under wraps for now.

Gray will direct the feature film from a script he co-wrote with Ethan Gross. New Regency, 20th Century Fox and Bona Film Group are financing the pic.

Negga, who stars on the AMC series Preacher (the 13-episode second season premiered in June), received a Golden Globe and Oscar nomination for her work in Jeff Nichols’ Loving opposite Joel Edgerton.

Ruth Negga Joins Brad Pitt in James Gray's Sci-Fi Epic 'Ad Astra' (Exclusive)

Full Trailer for Darren Aronofsky's MOTHER! Starring Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem

A couple's relationship is tested when uninvited guests arrive at their home, disrupting their tranquil existence. From filmmaker Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan, Requiem for a Dream), mother! stars Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Ed Harris and Michelle Pfeiffer in this riveting psychological thriller about love, devotion and sacrifice. In theaters September 15.

Milla Jovovich to Play the Blood Queen in Neil Marshall's HELLBOY Reboot

KKapuSc.jpg

Director Neil Marshall has found his Blood Queen. Milla Jovovich is in final talks to join the Marshall-directed reboot of Hellboy, sources said. The plan is for her to join Stranger Things‘ David Harbour (playing the red-skinned creature originated by Ron Perlman in the Guillermo del Toro films), and Ian McShane, who’s also set to play Professor Broom.

Aron Coleite is working on the latest draft of a script by Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola. Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin and Mike Richardson are the producers. Millennium Films and Lionsgate are making the film.

Jovovich is no stranger to the sci-fi action genre, but she has almost exclusively worn the white hat in the Resident Evil films, The Fifth Element and Ultraviolet.

Marshall is now focusing on the reboot after coming off directing the pilot episode of Lost In Space for Netflix, with his producing partner Marc Helwig, who’s an executive producer of Hellboy. Based on the raw visual sensibilities he has shown in the films The Descent, Centurion and Dog Soldiers as well as several memorable Game of Thrones episodes, Marshall has the chops for this R-rated film.

Milla Jovovich To Play Blood Queen In Neil Marshall's ‘Hellboy’ Reboot (Exclusive)

Universal Sets June 28, 2019 Release Date for COWBOY NINJA VIKING

F76i6cU.jpg

Universal Pictures has announced a Cowboy Ninja Viking release date. The Image Comics adaptation, starring Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World franchises), will arrive in theaters on Friday, June 28, 2019, putting it head-to-head with Paramount’s Untitled Sixth Transformers Film.

Chris Pratt stars as a new kind of assassin who manifests the toughest skills of three different personas: COWBOY NINJA VIKING. The hard-edged actioner laced with attitude is based on the Image Comics graphic novel by AJ Lieberman and illustrator Riley Rossmo.

There is no director officially attached yet, though expect word soon. Universal had previously courted the John Wick directing duo of David Leitch and Chad Stahelski to helm, but the two have since gone their separate ways and are both working on other projects right now (Deadpool 2 and John Wick 3, respectively). World War Z‘s Marc Forster was also previously attached to direct.

The film version of Cowboy Ninja Viking features a screenplay from Zombieland and Deadpool scribes Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, which was recently overhauled by Craig Mazin (The Hangover Part II, Identity Thief).

Cowboy Ninja Viking Release Date: The Chris Pratt Action Film

Matt Serra Gerald Set to Return for James Cameron's AVATAR Sequels

dYoNiiA.jpg

Matt Gerald officially has signed on to 20th Century Fox’s James Cameron Avatar sequels and will reprise his role as Corporal Lyle Wainfleet.

Gerald joins previous Avatar rep players Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, CCH Pounder and Joel David Moore. Cliff Curtis and Oona Chaplin also boarded the sequels this year as newcomers to the cast.

Avatar 2 begins shooting this fall and will open on December 18, 2020. The sequels thereafter will open during the Christmas seasons of 2021, 2024 and 2025. The original 2009 movie remains the highest-grossing film at the global B.O. with $2.79B.

Gerald also has joined the Crackle series The Oath in a recurring role as Kivlinsky, leader of the rival cop gang. The show, which stars Sean Bean, is executive produced by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and his G-Unit Film & Television. It is scheduled to debut next year and is currently in production in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Gerald also has a recurring role on Marvel/Netflix’s Daredevil as Melvin Potter.

Gerald can be seen in a raft of the upcoming features: New Line’s Rampage, with Dwayne Johnson (April 20); Netflix’s Will Smith starrer Bright (December); and the Los Angeles Film Festival title Shot Caller, which hits theaters August 18.

Matt Gerald Returning To James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ World; Boards Crackle’s ‘The Oath’ (Exclusive)

Milla Jovovich to Play the Blood Queen in Neil Marshall's HELLBOY Reboot

KKapuSc.jpg

Director Neil Marshall has found his Blood Queen. Milla Jovovich is in final talks to join the Marshall-directed reboot of Hellboy, sources said. The plan is for her to join Stranger Things‘ David Harbour (playing the red-skinned creature originated by Ron Perlman in the Guillermo del Toro films), and Ian McShane, who’s also set to play Professor Broom.

Aron Coleite is working on the latest draft of a script by Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola. Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin and Mike Richardson are the producers. Millennium Films and Lionsgate are making the film.

Jovovich is no stranger to the sci-fi action genre, but she has almost exclusively worn the white hat in the Resident Evil films, The Fifth Element and Ultraviolet.

Marshall is now focusing on the reboot after coming off directing the pilot episode of Lost In Space for Netflix, with his producing partner Marc Helwig, who’s an executive producer of Hellboy. Based on the raw visual sensibilities he has shown in the films The Descent, Centurion and Dog Soldiers as well as several memorable Game of Thrones episodes, Marshall has the chops for this R-rated film.

Milla Jovovich To Play Blood Queen In Neil Marshall's ‘Hellboy’ Reboot (Exclusive)
9147161.gif

Stephen Lang's Colonel Quartich to Play the Main Villain in All Four AVATAR Sequels

cpWCJy3.jpg

James Cameron is not someone who does things by halves. The man who rebuilt the Titanic is currently hard at work on four sequels to Avatar, the first of which won't land until 2020. However, there are a few things about the upcoming sequels that fans will find familiar, not least of all the principal villain. Warning: Spoilers ahead.

It's long been confirmed that Stephen Lang's Colonel Quartich would return (despite taking a pair of four-foot arrows in the chest), but talking to Empire in our September issue, Cameron reveals that Quaritch won't be relegated to a supporting role or appear solely in flashbacks. Rather, he will continue to menace Jake, Neytiri and the other Na'vi throughout all five movies as the saga's main antagonist.

"The interesting conceit of the Avatar sequels is it’s pretty much the same characters," he says. "There are new characters and a lot of new settings and creatures, so I’m taking characters you know and putting them in unfamiliar places and moving them on this greater journey. But it’s not a whole bunch of new characters every time. There’s not a new villain every time, which is interesting. Same guy. Same motherfucker through all four movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park."

Was Quaritch's body smuggled off-world by the departing Selfridge? Will he return more machine than man? Or, after being skewered deep within the Pandoran forest, might he himself end up transposed into an Avatar body, bringing a blue-skinned, eight-foot Na'vi Quaritch to bear on our heroes? The mind boggles.

Cameron's mammoth undertaking, shooting four sequels back-to-back is not only ambitious, it's a feat of scheduling that Stephen Lang himself described as "a Mongoian clusterfuck". Cameron's inspiration for said clusterfuck? One Peter Jackson.

"I said 'It’s your fault I’m doing this, motherfucker!'" He recalls. "It’s one big story. But I would say a little bit different from The Lord Of The Rings, which you knew was a trilogy and that allowed you to accept a sort of truncated ending for movies one and two and then a fulfilment. This is a greater narrative broken up into four complete stories.

James Cameron Reveals Avatar Sequel Details; Colonel Quartich Will Be the Main Antagonist in All Four Sequels

Riz Ahmed in Talks to Join Tom Hardy in Sony's VENOM Movie

OX23gyz.jpg

Riz Ahmed is looking to join another universe.

The Rogue One: A Star Wars Story star is in talks to join Sony's Venom, the studio's first spin-off in a shared universe based on Spider-Man characters. Ahmed's character is being kept under wraps, but insiders say he would not be playing the villain Carnage, which Sony has been looking to cast. Sources say he was considered for the role before script changes were made.

Tom Hardy is starring in Venom as the title character, who in the comic books is a photographer named Eddie Brock who, when bonded with an alien symbiote, becomes Venom. He's been both a nemesis of Spider-Man, as well as an anti-hero and protector of the innocent.

Zombieland's Ruben Fleischer is directing Venom, which Sony hopes will be the the first in a series of movies based on Spider-Man characters. It is also developing the Silver Sable/Black Cat movie Silver and Black from director Gina Prince-Bythewood.

Sony is riding high when it comes to Spidey following Spider-Man: Homecoming, the studio's collaboration with Marvel Studios, which received a strong response and has grossed more than $675 million worldwide since opening last month. Venom is set to open Oct. 5, 2018.

Ahmed, who performs music under the name Riz MC, recently starred in the acclaimed HBO drama The Night Of, which scored him a Golden Globe nomination.

Riz Ahmed in Talks to Join Tom Hardy in Sony's 'Venom'

DEADPOOL Director Tim Miller to Adapt Sci-Fi Novel NEUROMANCER for Fox

FKQLnei.jpg

Deadpool director Tim Miller's busy schedule is getting a little busier.

Miller will direct an adaptation of the 1984 sci-fi novel Neuromancer for Fox, THR has confirmed. Longtime X-Men producer Simon Kinberg will produce the film. A writer has not yet been set.

The novel was written by cyberpunk pioneer William Gibson, and it launched his Sprawl trilogy. Neuromancer centers on Henry Dorsett Case, a disgraced computer hacker living in Japan who was punished for stealing from his employer by being rendered unable to access The Matrix, a worldwide virtual reality network. But he's given a shot at getting back in the saddle when he is hired to complete the ultimate hack: one on an artificial intelligence orbiting Earth. T

The novel was Gibson's first, and went on to win critical acclaim — as well as the Hugo, Nebula and Philip K. Dick Awards. He followed Neuromancer with Count Zero (1986) and Mona Lisa Overdrive (1988), all set in the same world and future.

A number of filmmakers have attempted a Neuromancer adaptation over the years, with Joseph Kahn and Vincenzo Natali among the directors who have been attached over the past decade.

Miller made his directorial debut last year with Fox's Deadpool, which became an unexpected smash. He exited the sequel in October over creative differences, but has a number of other projects in the works, including an adaptation of the Daniel Suarez sci-fi novel Influx for Fox and an animated/live-action adaptation of the classic videogame character Sonic the Hedgehog for Sony.

'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller to Adapt 'Neuromancer' for Fox

DEADPOOL Director Tim Miller to Adapt Sci-Fi Novel NEUROMANCER for Fox

FKQLnei.jpg

Deadpool director Tim Miller's busy schedule is getting a little busier.

Miller will direct an adaptation of the 1984 sci-fi novel Neuromancer for Fox, THR has confirmed. Longtime X-Men producer Simon Kinberg will produce the film. A writer has not yet been set.

The novel was written by cyberpunk pioneer William Gibson, and it launched his Sprawl trilogy. Neuromancer centers on Henry Dorsett Case, a disgraced computer hacker living in Japan who was punished for stealing from his employer by being rendered unable to access The Matrix, a worldwide virtual reality network. But he's given a shot at getting back in the saddle when he is hired to complete the ultimate hack: one on an artificial intelligence orbiting Earth. T

The novel was Gibson's first, and went on to win critical acclaim — as well as the Hugo, Nebula and Philip K. Dick Awards. He followed Neuromancer with Count Zero (1986) and Mona Lisa Overdrive (1988), all set in the same world and future.

A number of filmmakers have attempted a Neuromancer adaptation over the years, with Joseph Kahn and Vincenzo Natali among the directors who have been attached over the past decade.

Miller made his directorial debut last year with Fox's Deadpool, which became an unexpected smash. He exited the sequel in October over creative differences, but has a number of other projects in the works, including an adaptation of the Daniel Suarez sci-fi novel Influx for Fox and an animated/live-action adaptation of the classic videogame character Sonic the Hedgehog for Sony.

'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller to Adapt 'Neuromancer' for Fox

If they are finally adapting Neuromancer, you should make separate thread. This is huge news. This is so long overdue.

Man, hopefully Neuromancer gets off the ground this time

After a year of endless shit aimed at ritalin drenched 12 year olds and the mentally impaired, there's finally a film that might be good

First Look at Olivia Cooke as Samantha Evelyn Cook in READY PLAYER ONE

MjMD6Yo.jpg

Based on the 2011 bestseller by Ernest Cline, Ready Player One is set in a dystopian 2044 where a swollen world population seeks solace from the crumbling earth in a virtual reality simulator known as the OASIS. The first trailer went down a storm at this year's Comic-Con.

Pictured above is Tye Sheridan as Wade Watts and Olivia Cooke as Samantha Evelyn Cook, and speaking to Empire, Cooke says the experience was something approaching a virtual dream come true. “It felt like pure adventure,” the Me And Earl And The Dying Girl star tells us. “It was Willy Wonka, it was Indiana Jones. When you’re a kid wanting to be an actor, the idea of working with [Spielberg] sounds absurd. It was surreal.”

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/ready-player-one-exclusive-new-look-spielberg-latest/

Val Kilmer Says Kurt Russell Essentially Directed TOMBSTONE

rl3PUxQ.png

There's been much speculation over the years as to just how much work Kurt Russell did behind the scenes of Tombstone after the first director was fired.

Having been questioned countless times about the circumstances behind the 1993 Western, John Henry "Doc" Holliday actor Val Kilmer decided it was time to lay all his cards on the table about his close friend — both on- and offscreen — who played Wyatt Earp.

In a lengthy blog entry Thursday, Kilmer made it plain and clear: "Kurt is solely responsible for Tombstone’s success, no question."

Russell admitted as much in a 2006 interview with True West magazine, when the actor said he made it clear to studio brass he did not want his name listed as director, but that he did help out behind the scenes quite a bit.

Initially, the late screenwriter Kevin Jarre was set to direct the picture, but he was replaced a month into production after, the story goes, he became overwhelmed in the duty and fell behind schedule. Jarre was replaced by the late George P. Cosmatos, who had to hit the ground running.

That is where Kilmer's tale begins:

Fe5EJh7.jpg

"I’ll be clear.

Kurt is solely responsible for Tombstone’s success, no question.

I was there every minute and although Kurt’s version differs slightly from mine, the one thing he’s totally correct about is, how hard he worked the day before, for the next day’s shot list, and tremendous effort he and I both put into editing, as the studio wouldn’t give us any extra time to make up for the whole month we lost with the first director.

We lost our first director after a month of shooting and I watched Kurt sacrifice his own role and energy to devote himself as a storyteller, even going so far as to draw up shot lists to help our replacement director, George Cosmatos, who came in with only 2 days prep.

Fwwj0gL.jpg

I was very clear and outspoken about what I wanted to do with my role, and actors like Powers Boothe, who we just lost, and Bill Paxton, were always 100% supportive, even in the blistering heat and sometimes as the day would fade, at the possible expense of their own screen time.
Kurt did this for the film virtually every hour.

I would even go up to him and whisper, 'Go for another…' meaning another take when I thought he could go further, but in the interest of the schedule, he would pound on. Very Wyatt-like come to think of it.

[Sam] Elliot used to drive all the way out to hell and gone just to watch some of our scenes. So many lead actors took small roles just to rock a great western script.

CYGtP51.jpg

Tombstone=Milestone.

It’s not often you get to dust the likes of Clint Eastwood at the box-office. He had a film out when we opened and it just couldn’t keep up! Then Kevin Costner had all the dough and distribution money and stars, and couldn’t make a dent in our popularity. (Although I liked Dennis Quaid, and my first girlfriend is also in it which was super weird – Mare Winningham.)

Back to Powers for a moment, such a gracious actor and if you love acting go back and check out his early Emmy winning roles, he’s the real deal.

mheytWi.jpg

And Bill Paxton, like a cheerleader for all film, for all Creativity. Always happy like it was his first job. He would have been happy if you had lit him on fire and hung him upside down, as long as there was a camera running. Just like a perfect thespian. ALL THE WAY. SUPPORTIVE. Sweet.

We all miss them both. They were good men. The kind that make you proud of the 'craft.'

That’s probably how it’s become a story that Kurt directed it. I have such admiration for Kurt as he basically sacrificed lots of energy that would have gone into his role, to save the film.

Everyone cared, don’t get me wrong, but Kurt put his money where his mouth was, and not a lot of stars extend themselves for the cast and crew. Not like he did.

mXtKio5.jpg

I’ll say it again, Kurt was responsible for the film’s success.

He and I worked so hard I eventually moved in with him and slept on the sofa when Goldie wasn’t in town, so we could use the extra 20 minutes writing or going over schedule etc. And I got all the best lines and he knew it and still laughed and joked every single day.

Early on he said casually, 'Well this is your picture…'

I didn’t know what he was talking about so like a bozo I made him explain himself. He is very, very articulate when he wants to be. Even I liked me when he was done complimenting my early days of filming…

And he is such a good dad and devoted to his girlfriend, and built his own home and ranch. C’mon. He’s a true superstar and wildly underrated as an actor. Not many guys with his range."

Val Kilmer Says Kurt Russell Essentially Directed 'Tombstone'

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Anabelle Creation

4/10

Don't waste your money , tries for cheap jump scares but we end up getting a very subpar supernatural horror flick set in the Conjuring Universe, minus the solid acting of Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson. Also one of the dumber set of characters you see in a horror flick.

There is a Mid Credits Scene teasing Annabelle sequels are far from done and also a Full post Credits Scene Teasing the Nun , another Conjuring Spin off.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Anabelle Creation

4/10

Don't waste your money , tries for cheap jump scares but we end up getting a very subpar supernatural horror flick set in the Conjuring Universe, minus the solid acting of Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson. Also one of the dumber set of characters you see in a horror flick.

There is a Mid Credits Scene teasing Annabelle sequels are far from done and also a Full post Credits Scene Teasing the Nun , another Conjuring Spin off.
I've been done with Blumhouse milking the shit out of James Wan creations for quite some time now. Insidious 3 came off as more of a Disney kids anti smoking PSA than an actual horror film.

I've been done with Blumhouse milking the shit out of James Wan creations for quite some time now. Insidious 3 came off as more of a Disney kids anti smoking PSA than an actual horror film.

They will keep doing it as long as they make their profit, the first Annabell made 250 mil against a roughly 6 mil budget. Anabelle 2 cost 15 mil to make but had already grossed that on its first day and will make 35 mil this weekend. Theses spin offs are cheap and they can Hire cheap no names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back