Locked MNN (I Kill Giants Trailer; Nominations for 2018 Oscars and Razzie Awards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Teaser Trailer for THOROUGHBREDS Starring Anton Yelchin, Anya Taylor-Joy

John Cena and Leslie Mann are Overprotective Parents in Red-Band Trailer for BLOCKERS

When three parents stumble upon their daughters’ pact to lose their virginity at prom, they launch a covert one-night operation to stop the teens from sealing the deal. Leslie Mann (This Is 40), Ike Barinholtz (Neighbors) and John Cena (Trainwreck) star in Blockers, the directorial debut of Kay Cannon (writer of the Pitch Perfect series). In theaters April 6, 2018.

Let your unattractive children bang.

Giovanni Ribisi Returning as Parker Selfridge in All Four AVATAR Sequels

NDRfYRU.jpg

Giovanni Ribisi is set for all four of James Cameron’s upcoming Avatar sequels from 20th Century Fox.

The actor will reprise his role as Parker Selfridge, the head administrator of RDA, from the 2009 film that continues to hold the record for highest-grossing film of all time with a worldwide box office tally of $2.79 billion.

Production for the follow-ups officially began on September 25 in Manhattan Beach, CA. It is said to be the most expensive shoot of its kind, at an estimated collective budget expected to top $1 billion.

Fox is releasing Avatar 2 on December 18, 2020. The third installment will bow on December 17, 2021, followed by Avatar 4 in December 20, 2024 and the fifth on December 19, 2025.

Cameron and Jon Landau will produce via their Lightstorm Entertainment banner. Cameron wrote the script alongside Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver and Shane Salerno.

Ribisi stars on the Amazon crime drama series Sneaky Pete, which is in production on Season 2.

'Sneaky Pete's Giovanni Ribisi to Reprise Parker Selfridge Role in All Four 'Avatar' Sequels (Exclusive)

Paul Thomas Anderson Film Titled PHANTOM THREAD; First Synopsis Released

4ZfN0YM.png

Continuing their creative collaboration following 2007’s There Will Be Blood, three-time Academy Award winner Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln, Gangs of New York) stars in Phantom Thread from Paul Thomas Anderson.

The Focus Features and Annapurna Pictures release unveiled its title today, and also posted a first synopsis which you can read below.

Writer/director Anderson’s will once again explore a distinctive milieu of the 20th century. The new movie is a drama set in the couture world of 1950s London. The story illuminates the life behind the curtain of an uncompromising dressmaker commissioned by royalty and high society. The film also stars Lesley Manville (Maleficent), Camilla Rutherford (The Darjeeling Limited) and Vicky Krieps (A Most Wanted Man).

Written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and produced by Megan Ellison and JoAnne Sellar, Phantom Thread is set to open Christmas Day, December 25, 2017.

Daniel Day-Lewis announced earlier this year that Phantom Thread would be his last feature film.

Paul Thomas Anderson and Daniel Day-Lewis Project Titled Phantom Thread; First Synopsis Released

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' New Theme Version of John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN

First Trailer for Horror Thriller KEEP WATCHING Starring Bella Thorne, Chandler Riggs

A family imprisoned by intruders is forced to play a terrifying game. As the night unfolds, the game's mysterious rules become clear, and the family realizes their nightmare is being streamed live to riveted viewers all over the world, who are compelled to KEEP WATCHING...not knowing if what they're seeing is real, or staged. Starring Bella Thorne, Natalie Martinez, Chandler Riggs, Leigh Whannell and Ioan Gruffudd. Keep Watching is in theaters everywhere on Halloween night, 10/31, at 10 PM only.

I thought DDL was done... glad to see him back

I thought DDL was done... glad to see him back
When he announced his retirement, he was already attached to the Phantom Thread. He is still retiring and Phantom Thread is his last film.

This kind of shit is why no one watches horror any more. It's almost like the screenwriter watched cabin in the woods and said to himself "wouldn't it be scarier if this wasn't a parody?".

VEEP's Reid Scott Joins Tom Hardy and Michelle Williams in VENOM

5qtPB4g.jpg

Reid Scott is in talks to join the cast of Sony’s Spider-Man spinoff Venom starring Tom Hardy.

Riz Ahmed, Michelle Williams, and Jenny Slate are also on board, with Ruben Fleischer directing. Sony had no comment on the casting.

Scott Rosenberg (Jumanji), Jeff Pinkner (The Dark Tower), and Kelly Marcel will write the script for Venom. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing the movie, along with Amy Pascal. Palak Patel and Eric Fineman are overseeing the project for Columbia Pictures.

The studio has made it clear that Spider-Man will not be in these standalone films, but has left the door open for Venom to possibly appear in other Spider-Man-related movies. Venom hits theaters on Oct. 5, 2018.

Since its inception in 1988, the alien symbiote Venom has been one of Spider-Man’s most popular characters, making the film a top priority for Sony. The villain made his first big-screen appearance in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 3, where he was portrayed by Topher Grace.

Besides Veep, Scott most recently appeared in Open Road’s Home Again opposite Reese Witherspoon and can be seen next in Under the Eiffel Tower. He also has a recurring role in NBC’s Great News.

‘Veep’ Actor Reid Scott in Talks to Join Tom Hardy in Sony's Spider-Man Spinoff ‘Venom’ (Exclusive)

... lol....

incoming boardgame film universe

including such hits as, Monopoly, Taboo, Scattergories, and Chutes and Ladders!

70% of the films in this universe star The Rock or Kevin Hart

Lol, thats fucking jokes

John Cena and Leslie Mann are Overprotective Parents in Red-Band Trailer for BLOCKERS

When three parents stumble upon their daughters’ pact to lose their virginity at prom, they launch a covert one-night operation to stop the teens from sealing the deal. Leslie Mann (This Is 40), Ike Barinholtz (Neighbors) and John Cena (Trainwreck) star in Blockers, the directorial debut of Kay Cannon (writer of the Pitch Perfect series). In theaters April 6, 2018.

This actually looks ok.

First Official Trailer for X-Men Spinoff THE NEW MUTANTS

Five young mutants, just discovering their abilities while held in a secret facility against their will, fight to escape their past sins and save themselves. Directed by Josh Boone (The Fault in Our Stars), the film stars Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton, Henry Zaga, Blu Hunt and Alice Braga. The New Mutants opens April 13, 2018.

When I first watched the trailer for this, and even when I had heard it was in development I, for some reason was under the impression that it was going to be a Netflix series, or something akin to one. Glad it isn't and very impressed by what I've seen here. Looking forward to it.

SE7EN's Andrew Kevin Walker to Write the Script for LONE WOLF AND CUB

91dQ1GG.png

Paramount has landed the adaptation of the seminal manga Lone Wolf and Cub, and now has Andrew Kevin Walker on board to write the script.

Justin Lin, who directed several of the Fast and Furious movies, and his Perfect Storm banner are producing the project along with Marissa McMahon and Kamala Films. Lin, who has been associated with Cub since around 2012, is also looking to direct the feature.

Lone Wolf and Cub was created by writer Kazuo Koike and artist Goseki Kojima, who began publishing the manga series in Japan in 1970. The revenge story was epic in execution (it was close to 9,000 pages by the time it was done), acclaimed for its storytelling and its historical accuracy. It was influential in Japanese pop culture, spawning movies, a television series and even plays. The comics first began publishing in the US in the late 1980s.

The story told of a shogun’s executioner named Itto Ogami, who starts on a path of revenge after his wife and the rest of his house is murdered, leaving only his infant son alive. Itto is joined on this quest by his son, Daigoro, who, as he grows up, is trained to be a fearsome warrior and joins him as a father-son team of assassins for hire as they travel the country and seek vengeance against the clan that killed their family.

The project has been at Paramount on-and-off since 2003 and at one point even had Darren Aronofsky attached to direct.

Walker rose to prominence in 1995 thanks to his script for David Fincher's acclaimed crime thriller Seven, which starred Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman as two detectives hunting down a deranged killer who modeled his kills off of the seven deadly sins.

He went on to pen scripts for 8MM as well as Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow, which starred Johnny Depp in the retelling of the American fable. He also penned 2010's remake of The Wolfman that starred Benicio del Toro and Anthony Hopkins.

Walker's 2016 animated comedy Nerdland, starring Paul Rudd and Patton Oswalt, drew upon his early days in Hollywood trying to make it as a screenwriter.

'Seven' Writer Andrew Kevin Walker Tackling 'Lone Wolf and Cub' for Paramount (Exclusive)

Hilary Swank to Star in Sci-Fi Thriller I AM MOTHER from Director Grant Sputore

A1QuPte.jpg

Hilary Swank has signed on to star in I Am Mother, the Australian sci-fi thriller from director Grant Sputore, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The film is Sputore's feature film debut.

Swank joins an ensemble cast that includes Clara Rugaard, Luke Hawker and Tahlia Sturzaker. The indie for Southern Lights Films and Penguin Empire is based on a script by Michael Lloyd Green. Kelvin Munro and Timothy White are producing.

I Am Mother portrays a teenage girl (Rugaard) raised underground by a robot mother designed to repopulate the earth following an extinction event. Their unique bond is threatened when a blood-drenched stranger, played by Swank, is taken in by the teen, only to find herself at odds with her gear-and-piston parent. Overnight, the stranger casts doubt on Mother’s claims about the outside world and begins to unravel the fabric of their insular family. Unsure whom to trust, the girl begins to probe into Mother’s dubious nature and uncovers the truth of her greater mission.

Swank is best known for Boys Don't Cry and Million Dollar Baby, both of which netted her Oscars. Her recent work includes 55 Steps and Steven Soderbergh's Logan Lucky.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hilary-swank-boards-sci-fi-thriller-i-am-mother-1049690

Morgan Freeman to Play Former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell in Biopic

7oQATXk.jpg

Morgan Freeman is taking on the role of former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell in Powell, a biopic from Ashok Amritraj’s Hyde Park Entertainment.

Reginald Hudlin, who is coming off the Thurgood Marshall biopic Marshall, will direct the drama, which will be produced by Amritraj and Lori McCreary, Freeman’s partner at Revelations Entertainment.

Ed Whitworth wrote the script that was on the 2011 Black List and is set during Powell’s tenure as Secretary of State in the George W. Bush White House.

Powell, who went from respected Army general to the first African-American Secretary of State, initially opposed the U.S.’ invasion of Iraq, not believing dictator Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. But he capitulated to hawkish voices in the White House and made a now-infamous case for war to the United Nations Security Council. The evidence he presented was later discredited, and Powell has described the event as a low point in his career.

The script tells of the lead-up to his UN presentation.

Freeman and McCreary’s Revelation Entertainment has produced such films as Invictus, in which Freeman portrayed another prominent black figure, Nelson Mandela, and is behind such shows as CBS' Madam Secretary, which is now in its fourth season, and NatGeo’s The Story of Us With Morgan Freeman.

Morgan Freeman to Play Former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell in Biopic Directed by Reginald Hudlin

So I'm an old fan of the Saw series and been paying attention to the promotion/marketing of the new film Jigsaw, and I think I know who the killer is, and it isn't a resurrected John Kramer.

Just posting this here, in case I'm right, to prove I'm not a lying cuck that says 'I knew that was going to be the twist' when they had no clue.

This actress plays a Pathologist, and she's the one in the trailer that says... "Its not him. It can't be."

I think she's not only the killer, but John Kramer's daughter.

She has long red/brunette, similar to Amanda, John's apprentice during the first three Saw movies. It could be said Amanda reminded John of his then-astrained daughter.

This is just a guess, and it could be said I give the series more, or less, credit than it deserves for creativity.

Is there also a horror movie thread I can post this in?

Is there also a horror movie thread I can post this in?

So I'm an old fan of the Saw series and been paying attention to the promotion/marketing of the new film Jigsaw, and I think I know who the killer is, and it isn't a resurrected John Kramer.

Just posting this here, in case I'm right, to prove I'm not a lying cuck that says 'I knew that was going to be the twist' when they had no clue.

This actress plays a Pathologist, and she's the one in the trailer that says... "Its not him. It can't be."

I think she's not only the killer, but John Kramer's daughter.

She has long red/brunette, similar to Amanda, John's apprentice during the first three Saw movies. It could be said Amanda reminded John of his then-astrained daughter.

This is just a guess, and it could be said I give the series more, or less, credit than it deserves for creativity.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/jigsaw-saw-8-first-trailer-released.3576381/

Behind-the-Scenes Featurette for David Ayer's Fantasy Police Thriller BRIGHT

Humans, Orcs, Elves... everybody is just trying to get along. Get ready for the world of Bright, a new Netflix Original Film, starring Will Smith and Joel Edgerton. Coming to Netflix 22 December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back