Locked MNN (I Kill Giants Trailer; Nominations for 2018 Oscars and Razzie Awards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Bernthal Joins Damien Chazelle's Neil Armstrong Biopic FIRST MAN

KjQY86R.jpg

Jon Bernthal has joined the growing cast of Universal's First Man, the Neil Armstrong biopic from Oscar-winning director Damien Chazelle, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The movie, which reteams La La Land helmer Chazelle and star Ryan Gosling, also includes Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll and Jason Clarke in an expanding cast ahead of a shoot set to begin in November in Atlanta.

Bernthal, best known for his star turns in The Walking Dead, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Ghost Writer, will play a NASA astronaut and test pilot that walks on the moon. The actor's other film credits include Shot Caller, Sicario, Baby Driver, Wind River and Pilgrimage.

Bernthal will next be seen toplining the upcoming Netflix series The Punisher and Jamie M. Dagg’s Sweet Virginia. He also stars with Shia LaBeouf, John Hawkes, Thomas Haden Church and music artist Yelawolf in the upcoming adventure drama The Peanut Butter Falcon, which shot this summer.

Written by Josh Singer (Spotlight), First Man is described by Universal as a visceral first-person account of NASA’s mission to land a man on the moon, focusing on the years 1961-1969 and Armstrong, the astronaut who became that first man.

Based on the book by James R. Hansen, the movie will explore the sacrifices and the cost — on Armstrong and on the nation — of one of the most dangerous missions in history. Gosling will play Armstrong, Chandler will portray test pilot Deke Slayton and Stoll will play astronaut Buzz Aldrin.

DreamWorks Pictures is co-financing First Man. The drama is being produced by Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen through their Temple Hill Entertainment banner, alongside Chazelle and Gosling. First Man is set to land in theaters Oct. 12, 2018.

Jon Bernthal Boards Damien Chazelle's Neil Armstrong Biopic 'First Man'

"Based on the book by James R. Hansen, the movie will explore the sacrifices and the cost "

Just ordered the book

Egyptian Director Amr Salama Developing Anti-AMERICAN SNIPER Film

lKxK4F2.png

Amr Salama, the award-winning Egyptian director who is bringing his latest film Sheikh Jackson to Toronto next month, is developing a feature aimed squarely at one of the biggest war movies of all time.

Iraqi Sniper (working title), will tell the “other side of the story of American Sniper, the story about the villain,” Salama tells THR.

In Clint Eastwood’s 2014 box-office smash American Sniper, Bradley Cooper starred as top U.S. marksman Chris Kyle. His chief antagonist in the film was a mysterious sniper on the side of the Iraqi insurgents who went by the name of Mustafa.

“He’s the hero in my film,” says Salama, who says he was incensed into making the film when he first saw American Sniper. “I hated it. That was my inspiration — I hated it so much that I wanted to work on a different version of that story.”

There was indeed a real-life top sniper fighting for the Iraqis, given the nickname Juba, whose exploits — thought by some to be hundreds of kills — were touted in a number of videos released between 2005 and 2007. There were rumors that he had even been an Olympic athlete at one point.

“But I’m trying to make an anti-war film,” says Salama. “Whereas American Sniper was pro-war.”

And to make his project — which is currently in the script stage — Salama is working with two of the region’s biggest names. Prolific Egyptian producer Mohamed Hefzy, with whom Salama collaborated on both Sheikh Jackson and his 2014 hit Excuse My French, is producing, alongside Hany Abu-Assad, the Palestinian director who earned Oscar nominations for both Paradise Now and Omar (and has the Kate Winslet and Idris Elba-starring Mountain Between Us bowing at TIFF), and Abu-Assad’s wife, Amira Diab.

“This story merits to be told even if American Sniper hadn’t come out,” Hefzy tells THR. “He’s a very interesting character, a complex character. Amr did a lot of research and we’re trying to get his evolution right.” Hefzy added that he thought the film would have “international appeal.”

While Iraqi Sniper is still in the early stages of development (although Salama says he hopes it is the next project of his that goes into production), the filmmaker looks like he’s already lined up someone already well versed in the central role. "The same actor who played the sniper in American Sniper — Sammy Sheik (Tyrant, Homeland, Sand Castle) — is attached to my film."

Egyptian Director Amr Salama Developing Anti-'American Sniper' Film (Exclusive)
LOL, I want to make an antiwar movie where i make a film about an Iraqi sniper killing American soldiers!!!

Of all the dumbassery I have I heard.

An intriguing anime that quickly turned to catshit. Looks like they ramped up the comedy value a bit which may or may not help. This is an anime that did not see a second season, so it could either be a failed anime or a failed manga. I'm not sure, but i hope for the best.

Sam Rockwell to Play George W. Bush in Adam McKay's Dick Cheney Biopic

9LDfWuT.jpg

Sam Rockwell is joining Christian Bale in Cheney, Adam McKay’s biopic of former vice president Dick Cheney.

Rockwell is in final negotiations to add his name to the call sheet that already includes Steve Carell, Amy Adams and Bill Pullman for the drama from Annapurna.

Bale is portraying the titular character in a story that chronicles Cheney avoiding military service in the Vietnam War, his rise to CEO of the multinational corporation Halliburton and finally becoming what some have called the most powerful U.S. vice president ever to hold office.

Carell has been cast as Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, while Adams is playing Cheney’s wife, Lynne.

Rockwell will play Cheney’s boss, President George W. Bush, who steered the nation through the attacks of 9/11, the events that allowed Cheney to exercise his power when it came to fighting terrorism.

The project is aiming for a production start in September.

Producing are McKay and his Gary Sanchez Productions partners Will Ferrell and Kevin Messick. Brad Pitt and Dede Garner are also producing via their Plan B label.

Rockwell is gearing up for the Venice Film Festival premiere of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, the new comedic thriller from Martin McDonagh that also stars Frances McDormand and Woody Harrelson.

The actor recently wrapped shooting the Western drama Woman Walks Ahead with Jessica Chastain and is currently shooting the true-life period race drama The Best of Enemies with Taraji P. Henson.

Sam Rockwell to Play George W. Bush in Adam McKay's Dick Cheney Biopic (Exclusive)
I can see him being a really good likeness.

Jon Bernthal Joins Damien Chazelle's Neil Armstrong Biopic FIRST MAN

KjQY86R.jpg

Jon Bernthal has joined the growing cast of Universal's First Man, the Neil Armstrong biopic from Oscar-winning director Damien Chazelle, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The movie, which reteams La La Land helmer Chazelle and star Ryan Gosling, also includes Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll and Jason Clarke in an expanding cast ahead of a shoot set to begin in November in Atlanta.

Bernthal, best known for his star turns in The Walking Dead, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Ghost Writer, will play a NASA astronaut and test pilot that walks on the moon. The actor's other film credits include Shot Caller, Sicario, Baby Driver, Wind River and Pilgrimage.

Bernthal will next be seen toplining the upcoming Netflix series The Punisher and Jamie M. Dagg’s Sweet Virginia. He also stars with Shia LaBeouf, John Hawkes, Thomas Haden Church and music artist Yelawolf in the upcoming adventure drama The Peanut Butter Falcon, which shot this summer.

Written by Josh Singer (Spotlight), First Man is described by Universal as a visceral first-person account of NASA’s mission to land a man on the moon, focusing on the years 1961-1969 and Armstrong, the astronaut who became that first man.

Based on the book by James R. Hansen, the movie will explore the sacrifices and the cost — on Armstrong and on the nation — of one of the most dangerous missions in history. Gosling will play Armstrong, Chandler will portray test pilot Deke Slayton and Stoll will play astronaut Buzz Aldrin.

DreamWorks Pictures is co-financing First Man. The drama is being produced by Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen through their Temple Hill Entertainment banner, alongside Chazelle and Gosling. First Man is set to land in theaters Oct. 12, 2018.

Jon Bernthal Boards Damien Chazelle's Neil Armstrong Biopic 'First Man'
The more exposure he gets the better. Bernthal is absolute mustard.

LOL, I want to make an antiwar movie where i make a film about an Iraqi sniper killing American soldiers!!!

Of all the dumbassery I have I heard.
Who is being killed is arbitrary. Antiwar films often have the best social commentary. But any politically charged film reacting to anything that glorifies Kyle is okay with me; Kyle was a wicked person, and American Sniper is BS propaganda

Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed for JOKER Movie; Jared Leto Unhappy with Multiple Jokers Idea

Ge428Er.jpg

When news broke last week that Warner Bros. is developing a movie detailing the origin story of Batman nemesis The Joker , many were surprised to see the name Martin Scorsese listed among the producers.

After all, why would the 74-year old auteur filmmaker behind everything from Taxi Driver to Silence be interested in making the kind of studio franchise fare he has avoided throughout his career? And why would Warners executives, as brand managers of the extended DC Comics cinematic universe, want a legendarily controlling and free-spending talent involved in its marquee property?

The answer involves a plan worthy of The Joker himself. Sources say Warners will make an ambitious attempt to use Scorsese to bring Leonardo DiCaprio into the world of comic-book movies. Certainly, Scorsese’s involvement inThe Joker film, which The Hangover filmmaker Todd Phillips would direct, could elevate and diversify the studio's contributions to the genre, creating the potential to make awards-worthy films such as Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy.

There's no offer for DiCaprio, and sources say Scorsese's deal to produce isn't even done yet. The chances of landing DiCaprio could be slim to none. But the attempt in itself sends a signal to talent that Warners wants to hire serious filmmakers to make serious films.

This plan was not met with applause in all quarters: Insiders say Jared Leto, the actor who portrayed the Clown Prince of Crime in last summer's Suicide Squad and is slated to reprise the character not just for a sequel but for another spinoff movie (with DC villainess Harley Quinn), was caught off-guard by the plans. Leto is said to have made his displeasure with the notion of multiple Jokers known to his CAA agents, and rival agency WME has been using the concern to court him.

Warner Bros. launched its DC Extended Universe to compete with Marvel Studios with 2013’s Man of Steel. The movies have included the poorly reviewed Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad as well as this summer’s well-received Wonder Woman, which was seen as finally correcting a wobbly series. The movies have a through-line not just of stories but also actors, making them part of a superhero universe.

Now, however, Warners wants to branch off with stand-alone movies that are unconnected to that version of the DC world. The new movies will have non-traditional takes on the heroes and villains of DC, and hopefully, attract actors and filmmakers who don’t typically toil in the comic-book movie world. War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves is developing a Batman stand alone that, according to sources, will not star Ben Affleck, who plays the caped crusader in the DC Universe movies (Warners and Affleck have denied he is being replaced). The plan is to launch a separate label for these projects to distinguish them from the rest of the DC films. (Warners executives are acutely aware of the risks of audience confusion.)

ForJoker, which could be the initial entry for the label, sources say the studio and Phillips would want DiCaprio or another A-lister to play the character as a gritty crime boss in a Scorsese-esque Gotham underworld.

DiCaprio, 42, has become the most in-demand actor in Hollywood despite refusing to star in traditional franchise pictures. Instead, he has limited his collaborators to A-list directors of (generally) original screenplays, including James Cameron (Titanic), Christopher Nolan (Inception) and Alejandro G. Inarritu (The Revenant, for which he won his Oscar).

But his most frequent collaborator has been Scorsese. The duo has made five successful films together over two decades: The Aviator, Gangs of New York, The Departed, Shutter Island and The Wolf of Wall Street.

One conduit between Phillips and Scorsese/DiCaprio is actor Jonah Hill, who starred in Phillips’ War Dogs but worked with DiCaprio in Scorsese’s Wolf of Wall Street.

The Joker Movie: Warner Bros. Wants Class, Cachet and Maybe Leonardo DiCaprio

An intriguing anime that quickly turned to catshit. Looks like they ramped up the comedy value a bit which may or may not help. This is an anime that did not see a second season, so it could either be a failed anime or a failed manga. I'm not sure, but i hope for the best.
The manga lasted about twenty years and saw itself to fruition. I can't really say how popular it was, but I do consider if the manga of my lifetime. It's probably my favorite comic book work overall, and exemplifies the brash, anachronistic stories I adore.

Never watched the anime.

Ron Howard Announces Paul Bettany Has Joined the Han Solo Movie

Paul Bettany has joined the new Han Solo film. On Friday, director Ron Howard revealed the news, sharing a picture of Bettany on the set of the Star Wars stand-alone.

"The Outer Rim just got a little bit wilder #PaulBettany #ForceFriday," Howard wrote. Soon after, the director confirmed Bettany is in the film, writing of his Beautiful Mind and The Da Vinci Code actor: "It's my third opportunity to work with Paul. He's a blast & so talented."

The first post caught fire with fans, and before Howard confirmed the casting, Twitter users quickly began asking Howard if it meant Bettany is in the film.

Paul Bettany Joins Han Solo 'Star Wars' Spinoff Movie

Who is being killed is arbitrary. Antiwar films often have the best social commentary. But any politically charged film reacting to anything that glorifies Kyle is okay with me; Kyle was a wicked person, and American Sniper is BS propaganda
And the Iraqi sniper was a Holy warrior fighting for the people of Iraq, GTFOH

And the Iraqi sniper was a Holy warrior fighting for the people of Iraq, GTFOH
Meh. Kyle was a psychopath perpetuating the west's violent involvement in the Middle East. History doesn't happen in an vacuum, and people belong to history....

THE CROW Reboot Lands at Sony; Jason Momoa Still Attached to Star

qXFLhMi.jpg

The Crow has a new nest. The long-in-the-works remake of the cult supernatural revenge action movie that starred Brandon Lee, titled The Crow Reborn, has landed at Sony Pictures, which has signed to distribute the feature project.

The project spent almost a decade at Relativity with various directors and actors coming and going. When the company went under, the project went into limbo.

Jason Momoa and Corin Hardy were last on board as star and director, and while they are not formally signed on to the Sony version, insiders say the plan does includes them coming on in the near term.

The original movie was directed by Alex Proyas and featured Lee as a man brought back from the dead to avenge his own death, as well as his girlfriend’s. The movie became a cult hit not just due to style and resonating story but partially due to Lee’s accidental death during production.

Sources say the reboot will be a more faithful adaptation of the indie comic created by James O’Barr that was first published in 1989.

Edward R. Pressman, who produced the 1994 original and spent years developing it while it was at Relativity, will produce alongside Hadida. Highland Film Group and Electric Shadow are also producing. Dan Farah (Ready Player One) will exec produce.

Long-in-the-Works 'The Crow' Reboot Has Landed at Sony Pictures After Leaving Relativity

First Trailer for FRIEND REQUEST Starring Alycia Debnam-Carey

Alycia. Hnnng.

The next movie is officially named "Swipe Left".

First Plot Synopsis for HELLBOY Reboot; Filming Locations Revealed

GA5rGHv.png

The folks over at Omega Underground spotted production details about Hellboy over at My Entertainment World. The latter site updated its film schedule to include Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen despite the reboot having dropped the subtitle.

According to My Entertainment World, Hellboy is expected to start filming in mid-September. The movie will shoot in both the United Kingdom as well as Bulgaria. The site lists the film as being a mix between action, adventure, and sci-fi fantasy. And, if you look at the film’s new synopsis, you will see why.

The production information included a short synopsis for Hellboy, and you can read up on it below:

“The film is about Hellboy going to England, where he must defeat Nimue, Merlin’s consort and the Blood Queen. But their battle will bring about the end of the world, a fate he desperately tries to turn away.”

David Harbour has been cast to play Hellboy while Milla Jovovich signed on to bring Nimue to life. Hellboy has also tapped Ian McShane to play Trevor Bruttenholm, the adoptive father of Hellboy. The leads will be joined by Penelope Mitchell as the Hemlock Grove actress was recently brought on to play a witch. The Hellboy reboot is currently slated to hit theaters in 2018.

'Hellboy' Reboot Synopsis & Filming Locations Revealed

First Teaser Trailer for Scott Cooper's Gritty Western Drama HOSTILES

Trailer for THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS Starring Dan Stevens

Discover the true story of how Charles Dickens wrote “A Christmas Carol” and created a holiday tradition. The Man Who Invented Christmas, starring Dan Stevens, Christopher Plummer and Jonathan Pryce, opens in theaters November 22.

More Mel Gibson in 2nd Trailer for DADDY'S HOME 2

First Teaser Trailer for THE WHEELMAN Starring Frank Grillo

Frank Grillo stars as the wheelman, a getaway driver thrust into a high stakes race-to-survive after a bank robbery goes terribly wrong. With a car full of money and his family on the line, the clock is ticking to figure out who double-crossed him and the only person he can trust… his fourteen-year-old daughter. All reasons to think fast and drive faster. Premieres on Netflix October 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back