Locked MNN (I Kill Giants Trailer; Nominations for 2018 Oscars and Razzie Awards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony Pictures Wins Worldwide Right to Quentin Tarantino's Next Film #9

40jY9OM.png

Sony Pictures has won the showdown for the right to finance and distribute Quentin Tarantino’s next movie, which has the working title #9. Sony Pictures acquired worldwide rights for an unknown price tag.

Set in the late 1960s/early 1970s in L.A., the film is an ensemble feature. Its working title comes from this being Tarantino's ninth feature. The director is understood to be looking to get a star-studded cast for the film.

David Heyman, Tarantino and Shannon McIntosh are producing, with Georgia Kacandes serving as executive producer.

Sony Pictures, led by Tom Rothman, beat out other suitors. Tarantino had once again planned to make the movie with The Weinstein Company, but decided to take it elsewhere amid the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment scandal. The Weinsteins, first at Miramax and then at The Weinstein Company, have collaborated on all of Tarantino's previous films, made before Weinstein was publicly accused of sexual harassment and assault by more than 70 women.

A source tells The Hollywood Reporter that the Tarantino film has to make $375 million worldwide to break even.

Sony Pictures Wins Worldwide Rights to Finance and Distribute Next Quentin Tarantino Film

DANGER GIRL Movie in the Works From RESIDENT EVIL, HITMAN Producers

Constantin Film, the company behind the Resident Evil movie series, is eyeing a new female-fronted action franchise.

The company has picked up the film rights to Danger Girl, the hit 1990s comic book, and is developing the title with Jeremy Bolt's Bolt Pictures and Adrian Askarieh's Prime Universe Films to produce films and television shows based on the fan-favorite property.

Created by artist J. Scott Campbell and writer Andy Hartnell, Girl follows the adventures of Abbey Chase, an adventurer who was reluctantly recruited into a secret organization. Chase is then paired with operatives Sydney Savage and Natalia Kasstle on a globe-trotting adventure to locate a series of mystical objects and keep them out of the hands of the evil Hammer Syndicate.

The comic was a blend of Indiana Jones, James Bond and Charlie's Angels and an instant hit when it debuted in 1998 from Jim Lee's Wildstorm imprint.

The comic spawned a Sony PlayStation video game and was at one point set up at New Line with Blade director Stephen Norrington attached.

Askarieh, who is a producer of the Hitman action films, has been developing the property of late and brought it to Bolt and Constantin, with whom he recently signed a first-look deal.

Constantin's Robert Kulzer will produce along with Bolt and Askarieh. Constantin's Martin Moszkowicz will executive produce. Creators Campbell and Hartnell will also executive produce.

Female empowerment will be one of the buzzwords. "Danger Girl is the perfect opportunity to create a team of grounded, relatable and dangerous young female characters but with humor and spectacular action," said Bolt.

'Danger Girl' Movie in the Works From 'Hitman' and 'Resident Evil' Producers

I don’t remember much about the plot, but if this movie is to be even remotely true to the source material, the quality of the eye candy should be something else.

J. Scott Campbell was always one of my favorite comic artists. I think I still have #s 1-15 of DG.

Still don't think it's gonna make for a great movie, though. I'm just glad other comic studios are trying something.
Of all the J. Scott Campbell properties I figured Gen 13 would get a movie before Danger Girl.

But then that's probably because I was hoping for a Dv8 spinoff movie...

First Teaser Trailer and Poster for Disney-Pixar's THE INCREDIBLES 2!

Disney/Pixar's "Incredibles 2" opens in theatres in 3D June 15th, 2018. Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, leaving Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell) and Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life. It’s a tough transistion for everyone, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack’s emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.

Directed by Brad Bird (“Iron Giant,” “The Incredibles”) and produced by John Walker (“The Incredibles”) and Nicole Grindle (“Sanjay’s Super Team” short, “Toy Story 3” associate producer), “Incredibles 2” busts into theaters on June 15, 2018.

cJseSeo.jpg

Spider-Man Could Possibly Be in X-Men Universe as Sony in Early Talks with Fox

JegXfEt.jpg

Last week, it was reported that Disney was in talks with 21st Century Fox to acquire a number of assets, including the movie studio responsible for franchises like Fantastic Four, Planet of the Apes, and X-Men. Talks reportedly fell through but a new report reveals that Sony Pictures may now be interested in acquiring the company, a surprising move but one which makes perfect sense thinking about it.

The Washingon Post reveals that Fox has only been informally approached by Sony and that means talks are in the very early stages. Bear in mind that the studio has been struggling for a while in terms of output and after losing the James Bond franchise, Sony could do with gaining a lot of new IPs.

While Marvel Studios has been happy to share Spider-Man with Marvel Studios in order to redeem the character, they're forging ahead with a number of separate spinoffs and so it's probably best not to assume that this means we'll see the X-Men and Fantastic Four join the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Even so, it does open the door to Spidey or characters like Venom and Black Cat meeting up with Wolverine and The Thing.

X-Men In The Spider-Man Universe? Sony Pictures Now Said To Be In Talks With Fox

Trailer for Mockumentary Comedy COOK OFF! Starring Melissa McCarthy

Reality-show shenanigans mix with the true-life fiery-and-fierce world of competitive baking in the deliciously sly mockumentary COOK-OFF! As a buffet of quirky contestants prepare for the renowned Van Rookle Farms Cooking Contest, the heat is on to win a one million-dollar prize. The filmmakers follow them as the foodie media and celebrity judges descend on a hotel convention area to see which contestants rise, which ones fall, who will reveal their true nature, and who will find love with the contest’s costumed Muffin Man mascot. Opens November 17, 2017.

Disney/Pixar's "Incredibles 2" opens in theatres in 3D June 15th, 2018. Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in “Incredibles 2” – but this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, leaving Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell) and Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life. It’s a tough transistion for everyone, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack’s emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.

Directed by Brad Bird (“Iron Giant,” “The Incredibles”) and produced by John Walker (“The Incredibles”) and Nicole Grindle (“Sanjay’s Super Team” short, “Toy Story 3” associate producer), “Incredibles 2” busts into theaters on June 15, 2018.

cJseSeo.jpg

cJseSeo.jpg

Pixar really going all in on the sequels as of late.

While I thought Finding Dory was quite good, the Cars sequels (neither of which I've seen) looked like cash grabs and little more. Hopefully this one recaptures the spirit of the original. Let's face it, The Incredibles was the Pixar property that most lent itself to a sequel and it's surprising it's taken fourteen years to get there.

I saw the longer Phantom Thread trailer and it certainly looked better than the teaser which basically gave no information. Definitely seems to have the trademark PTA weirdness/creepiness going. I'll see it for the DDL/PTA pairing.

While I thought Finding Dory was quite good, the Cars sequels (neither of which I've seen) looked like cash grabs and little more. Hopefully this one recaptures the spirit of the original. Let's face it, The Incredibles was the Pixar property that most lent itself to a sequel and it's surprising it's taken fourteen years to get there.
Pixar said that their movies for the foreseeable future will be all original after The Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4.

Pixar said that their movies for the foreseeable future will be all original after The Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4.

Toy Story 4 kind of outright irks me. I think they can still make a great movie but Toy Story 3 ended on an ideal note. By making another one after that scene of closure, you're basically undermining the emotional impact of that film.

Then again, back in 99 Toy Story 2 seemed to end on an ideal note where Woody acknowledges Andy will grow up and move on from him, but he's perfectly happy to enjoy being there for him until that happens. Right in the feels.

Toy Story 4 kind of outright irks me. I think they can still make a great movie but Toy Story 3 ended on an ideal note. By making another one after that scene of closure, you're basically undermining the emotional impact of that film.

Then again, back in 99 Toy Story 2 seemed to end on an ideal note where Woody acknowledges Andy will grow up and move on from him, but he's perfectly happy to enjoy being there for him until that happens. Right in the feels.
Totally understand the trepidation about a 4th Toy Story since Toy Story 3 had the perfect ending to the trilogy. But Pixar hasn't screwed up the Toy Story brand so far (opposite actually), so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they've found a great story to further the adventures of Buzz and Woody.

Insane Trailer for Russian Dash Cam Documentary THE ROAD MOVIE

A mosaic of asphalt adventures, landscape photography, and some of the craziest shit you’ve ever seen, Dmitrii Kalashnikov’s THE ROAD MOVIE is a stunning compilation of video footage shot exclusively via the deluge of dashboard cameras that populate Russian roads. The epitome of a you-have- to-see- it-to- believe-it documentary, THE ROAD MOVIE captures a wide range of spectacles through the windshield—including a comet crashing down to Earth, an epic forest fire, and no shortage of angry motorists taking road rage to wholly new and unexpected levels—all accompanied by bemused commentary from unseen and often stoic drivers and passengers. In Theaters January 2018.

LMAO - dogs banging on the road.

Mel Gibson and Frank Grillo to Star in Joe Carnahan's Action Thriller BOSS LEVEL

XhFIBle.jpg

Mel Gibson and Frank Grillo are in talks to star in Boss Level, an action thriller that Joe Carnahan will direct next year. The premise: Every day, a retired special forces veteran (Grillo) is trapped in a never-ending loop resulting in his death. In order to stop his endless suffering, he must figure out who is responsible and stop them. Carnahan wrote the script.

The film will be financed by Emmett/Furla/Oasis, and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian, and Randall Emmett and George Furla. It is a co-production between EFO, Di Bonaventura Pictures, Carnahan and Grillo’s War Party, and Scott Free, whose Jules Daly will be exec producer.

Gibson comes to this after the successful opening of Daddy’s Home 2 at Paramount Pictures. He is getting close to securing indie financing for the film he will direct on the ruthless Italian banking family The Medicis to follow his Best Picture nominee Hacksaw Ridge. Other films he is plotting as an actor includes a re-team with Danny Glover and director Dick Donner for another Lethal Weapon film at Warner Bros.

Grillo just worked with EFO on the action film Reprisal, and starred in the Netflix film Wheelman.

Mel Gibson and Frank Grillo In Talks For Joe Carnahan-Directed ‘Boss Level’ (Exclusive)
<mma4>

New Trailer for Disney's Fantasy Adventure A WRINKLE IN TIME

From visionary director Ava DuVernay comes Disney’s “A Wrinkle in Time,” an epic adventure based on Madeleine L’Engle’s timeless classic which takes audiences across dimensions of time and space, examining the nature of darkness versus light and, ultimately, the triumph of love. Through one girl’s transformative journey led by three celestial guides, we discover that strength comes from embracing one’s individuality and that the best way to triumph over fear is to travel by one’s own light. Opens March 9, 2018.

MASTERS OF SEX Star Lizzy Caplan Joining Channing Tatum in GAMBIT

2RdhBHe.jpg

Lizzy Caplan is in talks to join the cast of Gambit, Variety has learned. The Masters of Sex star will play the female lead in the superhero movie. Details of her part are being kept under wraps.

The X-Men spinoff stars Channing Tatum as Gambit, a ragin’ Cajun whose ability to control kinetic energy enables him to weaponize playing cards and other projectiles. He’s also pretty handy with a bō staff. In the comics, Gambit was a member of the Thieves Guild before joining the X-Men.

Pirates of the Caribbean director Gore Verbinski will slide behind the camera on the film. It’s eyeing a Feb. 14, 2019 debut. Fox is releasing the film as part of its continued expansion of the cinematic mutant universe.

Gambit is ramping up as Fox continues to expand its X-Men film universe. 2018 sees the release of New Mutants (April 13), Deadpool 2 (June 1) and X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Nov. 2).

Caplan is an Emmy nominee for Masters of Sex, the acclaimed Showtime drama about sex researchers that aired from 2013 to 2016. Her film credits include Cloverfield, 127 Hours, Now You See Me 2, and Allied. Her upcoming projects include the mini-series Das Boot and Extinction, a science-fiction thriller film with Michael Pena.

'Masters of Sex' Star Lizzy Caplan Joining Channing Tatum in X-Men Spinoff ‘Gambit’ (Exclusive)

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS Sequel in the Works with Scribe Michael Green

baaQmjX.jpg

After first taking the train, Twentieth Century Fox is now readying to hop on a riverboat cruise. On the heels of Murder on the Orient Express, Fox is staying in the Agatha Christie business by putting into development Death on the Nile, its next Hercule Poirot mystery.

Michael Green, who adapted the screenplay for Orient Express, is penning the script, and while there is no deal currently in place, five-time Oscar nominee Kenneth Branagh is expected to return as director and reprise his role as Poirot.

Death on the Nile, first published in 1937, saw the detective on a vacation in Egypt and becoming involved in a love triangle gone murderously bad. The novel once again featured socialites, social climbers and high society’s help in the cast.

Just as Orient Express was previously adapted into an all-star 1970s movie featuring Albert Finney as Poirot, so, too, was Death on the Nile. The 1978 pic featured Bette Davis, Mia Farrow, Maggie Smith, Angela Lansbury and David Niven, among others. The story remains one of Christie’s most popular works.

Orient Express, which was made for $55 million, has chugged its way to almost $150 million worldwide since its Nov. 10 opening. The movie was produced by Branagh as well as Ridley Scott, Mark Gordon, Simon Kinberg, Judy Hofflund and Michael Schaefer.

Steve Asbell is overseeing the new project for Fox. Green, who co-created the American Gods television show, also worked on Logan and Alien: Covenant for Fox. He also wrote Blade Runner: 2049.

'Murder on the Orient Express' Sequel in the Works from 20th Century Fox (Exclusive)

ANNABELLE: CREATION Star Grace Fulton Joins the Cast of DC's SHAZAM

5lXpp6f.jpg

Grace Fulton is in negotiations to join New Line’s DC superhero film Shazam! starring Zachary Levi, sources tell Variety.

The film follows a boy named Billy Batson who can transform into an adult superhero by uttering the magic word "Shazam!” The name is an acronym of the ancient gods and historical figures Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury, who Batson derives his heroic attributes from when in adult form.

Fulton will play one of Batson’s friends. The Wrap also reports that Mark Strong is in talks for the role of the villain.

David F. Sandberg is directing from a screenplay by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke. Annabelle: Creation’s Peter Safran will produce. The project will mark a reunion for Sandberg, Safran, and Fulton, who worked together on Annabelle: Creation, which has grossed over $300 million worldwide.

Shazam! will be the next DC Cinematic Universe movie to begin shooting, ahead of Flashpoint, the Joss Whedon-directed Batgirl, and the Suicide Squad sequel, which Gavin O’Connor just came aboard to helm. DC and Warner Bros. are also currently developing a standalone film about Black Adam, Shazam’s arch nemesis. Dwayne Johnson is attached to play Black Adam in that pic.

Fulton had mainly worked in the TV world previously, appearing in recurring roles on ABC’s Revenge and MTV’s Awkward before breaking out this past summer in Annabelle: Creation.

‘Annabelle: Creation’ Star Grace Fulton Joins New Line DC Superhero Film ‘Shazam!’ (Exclusive)

I disliked Dory. (a whale shark is a shark, not a whale. It shouldn't speak whale. It would speak shark.)

My kid said during Cars 3 "it's the same story as the first one." I agree.

First Look at the Cast of FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD

5FMWvAu.jpg

QyME9SQ.jpg

This is great, i have always been a huge Harry Potter fan, Fantastic Beasts was great, i think casting Jude Law to play young Dumbledore was a perfect choice, with this new saga we can all leave behind the retarded clusterfuck that is the cursed child behind us

Official Trailer for THE KILLING OF A SACRED DEER

From writer/director Yorgos Lanthimos and starring Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman, Barry Keoghan, and Alicia Silverstone. The Killing of a Sacred Deer – In Theaters October 20.

Just saw this at the theater

Was really looking forward to it because I loved The Lobster

what a pile of shit this was

The Killing Of A Sacred Two Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back