MNN (Trailer for Shark Thriller 47 Meters Down; Joe Johnston to Direct Narnia: The Silver Chair)

New Official JUSTICE LEAGUE Image from USA Today

xcrbyc.jpg

LA LA LAND Breaks Record with Clean Sweep at 2017 Golden Globes

96demd.jpg

The 2017 Golden Globe Awards went gaga for La La Land. Writer/director Damien Chazelle‘s original musical scored a clean sweep, winning in every single category in which it was nominated including Best Picture Musical or Comedy, Best Director, Best Actress for Emma Stone and Best Actor for Ryan Gosling.

La La Land won seven awards in total, setting a new Golden Globes record for the most wins by a single film. The previous record of six wins was held by One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and Midnight Express.

Elsewhere in the film awards, the biggest surprise of the night came with Aaron Taylor-Johnson‘s Best Supporting Actor win for Nocturnal Animals. His performance is indeed excellent in Tom Ford‘s underrated thriller, but Mahershala Ali was the clear frontrunner in this category for his towering performance in Moonlight and has been picking up critics awards left and right.

[Click Here for the TV winners]

Best Motion Picture, Drama
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
Lion
Manchester by the Sea
Moonlight – WINNER

Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
20th Century Women
Deadpool
Florence Foster Jenkins
La La Land – WINNER
Sing Street

Best Director
Damien Chazelle – La La Land – WINNER
Tom Ford – Nocturnal Animals
Mel Gibson – Hacksaw Ridge
Barry Jenkins – Moonlight
Kenneth Lonergan – Manchester by the Sea

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
Casey Affleck – Manchester by the Sea – WINNER
Joel Edgerton – Loving
Andrew Garfield – Hacksaw Ridge
Viggo Mortensen – Captain Fantastic
Denzel Washington – Fences

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama
Amy Adams – Arrival
Jessica Chastain – Miss Sloane
Isabelle Hupert – Elle – WINNER
Ruth Negga – Loving
Natalie Portman – Jackie

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
Colin Farrell – The Lobster
Ryan Gosling – La La Land – WINNER
Hugh Grant – Florence Foster Jenkins
Jonah Hill – War Dogs
Ryan Reynolds – Deadpool

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
Annette Bening – 20th Century Women
Lily Collins – Rules Don’t Apply
Hailee Steinfeld – The Edge of Seventeen
Emma Stone – La La Land – WINNER
Meryl Streep – Florence Foster Jenkins

Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
Viola Davis – Fences – WINNER
Naomie Harris – Moonlight
Nicole Kidman – Lion
Octavia Spencer – Hidden Figures
Michelle Williams – Manchester by the Sea

Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
Mahershala Ali – Moonlight
Jeff Bridges – Hell or High Water
Simon Helberg – Florence Foster Jenkins
Dev Patel – Lion
Aaron Taylor-Johnson – Nocturnal Animals – WINNER

Best Original Score for a Motion Picture
Nicholas Britell – Moonlight
Justin Hurwitz – La La Land – WINNER
Johann Johannsson – Arrival
Dustin O’Halloran, Volker Bertelmann – Lion
Hans Zimmer, Pharrell Williams, Benjamin Wallfisch – Hidden Figures

Best Original Song for a Motion Picture
“Can’t Stop the Feeling” – Trolls
“City of Stars” – La La Land – WINNER
“Faith” – Sing
“Gold” – Gold
“How Far I’ll Go” – Moana

Best Screenplay for a Motion Picture
Damien Chazelle – La La Land – WINNER
Tom Ford – Nocturnal Animals
Barry Jenkins – Moonlight
Kenneth Lonergan – Manchester by the Sea
Taylor Sheridan – Hell or High Water

Best Animated Motion Picture
Kubo and the Two Strings
Moana
My Life as a Zucchini
Sing
Zootopia – WINNER

Best Foreign Language Film
Elle – WINNER
Neruda
The Salesman
Toni Erdmann
Divines

Golden Globe Winners 2017: ‘La La Land’ Breaks Record with Clean Sweep

Is there a Golden Globes thread? @Dragonlordxxxxx

LA LA land looks to have a good night
Good night is certainly right. Clean sweep in every category it was nominated in.

As I and many predicted, La La Land would win Best Comedy/Musical while Moonlight won Best Drama.

International Trailer for BAYWATCH Movie Starring Dwayne Johnson

no white or green power ranger? fook off

First Official Trailer for Pixar's CARS 3

Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game he will need the help of eager young female race technician Cruz Ramirez. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet, he will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage against his new rival, Jackson Storm. Cars 3 opens June 16, 2017.

Karl Urban Joins the Cast of PACIFIC RIM: UPRISING? Rinko Kikuchi Might Be Returning

Karl-Urban-Pacific-Rim-2-Dragonlord.jpg

Karl Urban is reportedly on the set of Pacific Rim: Uprising. Not only is he there, but it looks like Urban is getting screen time in the sequel.

Cinematographer Dan Mindel posted a behind-the-scenes photo of the his camera on his Instagram account, and the stickers on the side show that Urban is putting in work.

The camera has labels on the side for a few of the actors in the film, presumably those working in the scenes being filmed. Charlie Day and Rinko Kikuchi's names can be seen, and that doesn't surprise anyone as both actors were in the first film.

Between their names, however, lies Karl Urban.

Nothing regarding Urban's involvement in the movie had been released yet, so this news comes as a surprise to the community.

[Rinko Kikuchi's name also appears on Mindel's camera, which means the actress might be reprising her role of Mako Mori, one of the pilots of Gipsy Danger.]

15876885_1248580208510386_7211150919189135360_n.jpg

Has Karl Urban Been Cast In Pacific Rim Sequel?

Woody Harrelson Confirmed for HAN SOLO Standalone Movie

Woody-Harrelson-Han-Solo-Movie-Dragonlord.jpg

Woody Harrelson is headed to a galaxy far, far away. The directors of the upcoming young Han Solo Star Wars stand-alone confirmed the news on Starwars.com.

“We couldn’t be more excited to work with an artist with as much depth and range as Woody,” said Phil Lord and Christopher Miller in a statement on Starwars.com. “His ability to find both humor and pathos, often in the same role, is truly unique. He is also very good at ping pong.”

No character details were revealed, but when his casting was first reported last week, sources told Heat Vision he would be a mentor figure to Han Solo (played by Alden Ehrenreich in the film).

Harrelson joins a cast with plenty of star power. Donald Glover is playing young Lando Calrissian in the Star Wars spinoff, which will also star Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke. The film is slated to hit theaters in 2018.

'Han Solo' Movie Directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller Confirm Woody Harrelson Casting

First CHiPS Poster Starring Dax Shepard and Michael Peña

2i1dx13.jpg

Didn't see a thread on it, but I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Split. I read really good things about it and people seem to be really impressed with McAvoy in it (thats no surprise really). @Dragonlordxxxxx have you read the rumored spoilers on the movie? If so, do you know if theres any truth to it? I did read them, and it makes me want to watch the movie even more. I read ahead because i decided i wasn't going to see this in theater. After reading though, I just might have to go watch it in theater after all.

Peter Dinklage in Early Talks to Join AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Peter-Dinklage-Avengers-Infinity-War-Dragonlord.jpg

Are Tyrion Lannister and Tony Stark about to cross paths? Sources tell Variety that Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage is in early talks for a key role in Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War.

Production on the seventh season of Game of Thrones recently wrapped. Since the schedule for the show has moved from a summer shoot to a fall shoot, Dinklage’s schedule allowed him to board the latest Avengers pic which is expected to shoot sometime in early summer.

The plan is shoot the next two Avengers films (Infinity War and a yet untitled sequel) back-to-back. Sources indicate Dinklage is expected to appear in both.

Plot details are vague, other then the superhero team returning to face the Marvel mega-villain Thanos (voiced by Josh Brolin). Dinklage’s role is also unknown at this time.

Dinklage is one of the few new cast members to be added to the franchise. Previous stars like Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans are on board to return.

After directing the last two installments in the Captain America franchise, Anthony and Joe Russo now take over the reigns of directing the Avengers franchise, with the previous two pics directed by Joss Whedon. Avengers: Infinity War has a release date of May 4, 2018.

Peter Dinklage Eyed for a Key Role in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ (Exclusive)

Didn't see a thread on it, but I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Split. I read really good things about it and people seem to be really impressed with McAvoy in it (thats no surprise really). @Dragonlordxxxxx have you read the rumored spoilers on the movie? If so, do you know if theres any truth to it? I did read them, and it makes me want to watch the movie even more. I read ahead because i decided i wasn't going to see this in theater. After reading though, I just might have to go watch it in theater after all.
I haven't read the spoilers for Split but glad that you reading it made you want to watch it instead.

Here's the Split thread btw:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/m...movie-split-first-reviews-now-online.3301493/

INTO THE BADLANDS Star Daniel Wu Joins TOMB RAIDER Reboot

Daniel-Wu-Tomb-Raider-Dragonlord.jpg

Daniel Wu is set to join the reboot of WB/MGM/GK Films’ Tomb Raider, the latest adaptation of the popular video game, starring Alicia Vikander as the iconic character Lara Croft.

Wu will play Lu Ren, a ship captain who partners with Croft on a quest to find her father. Wu is the star of the martial arts series Into the Badlands, which returns to AMC for its second season this spring.

Warner Bros. recently announced the movie — from Norwegian director Roar Uthaug — will be released on March 16, 2018. Walton Goggins is set to play the villain.

The original Tomb Raider video game was released in 1996 by London-based Eidos Interactive, which is now part of Square Enix. Square Enix released a reboot in 2013 with a younger, 21-year-old Croft being sent off on her first big adventure amid amped-up action and set pieces.

‘Tomb Raider’ Reboot Adds ‘Into the Badlands’ Star Daniel Wu (Exclusive)

First Trailer for CHiPs Movie Starring Dax Shepard and Michael Peña

The R-rated action comedy stars Dax Shepard, Michael Peña, Vincent D'Onofrio, Adam Brody, Rosa Salazar Vida Guerra and Kristen Bell. Written and directed by Dax Shepard, CHiPs opens March 24, 2017.

Will Smith in Talks to Star in Tim Burton's DUMBO; Tom Hanks Offered Villain Role

Will Smith is in early talks to star in Disney’s live-action adaptation of Dumbo.

Sources tell Variety that a deal is far from closed, but if Smith were to take the role, it will likely have a significant effect on the future of the upcoming Bad Boys sequel, Bad Boys for Life. Sources indicate that both films would shoot at the same time. If Smith is leaning toward Dumbo, the start date for Bad Boys 3 would be pushed back or the film could be shelved entirely.

If a deal closes, Smith would play the father of the children who develop a friendship with the lovable elephant after seeing him at the circus. Insiders also indicate that Tom Hanks has been offered a role as the villain. He may, however, choose instead to star in the World War II drama The Grey Hound.

Tim Burton is attached to direct from Ehren Kruger’s script. Justin Springer, who worked on Tron: Legacy and Oblivion, is producing with Kruger.

The original story followed a ridiculed baby circus elephant, who, with the help of a mouse, worked to achieve his full potential. Burton’s film will be a mix of live action and animation.

Will Smith Circling Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ Adaptation, Tom Hanks Offered Villain Role

David Goyer, Justin Rhodes to Pen GREEN LANTERN CORPS Script

David-Goyer-Green-Lantern-Corps-Dragonlord.jpg

Warner Bros and DC are moving aggressively on a new screen version of Green Lantern. They’ve set David Goyer to write the script with Justin Rhodes for Green Lantern Corps, with Goyer producing and with DC heads Geoff Johns and Jon Berg exec producing.

The new version is described as Lethal Weapon in space, and it’s based on a comic book origin story. The focus will be on two characters: Hal Jordan and John Stewart. The latter is an African American Marine sniper before he joined the Lantern Corps and the story very much focuses on his relationship with Jordan and the Corps. The story was conceived by Goyer and Johns.

It’s unclear whether the studio would reengage with Ryan Reynolds, who starred in the disappointing first film and is soaring with Deadpool and working on its sequel. They will get a script and move quickly to get a director, so this project now has a beating heart.

Beyond his pedigree as scripter of superhero series that includes the Dark Knight series and most recently Batman V Superman, Goyer recently signed on to script a virtual reality project based on Star Wars.

Rhodes's script work includes the upcoming Guillermo del Toro-directed Fantastic Voyage remake (on which Goyer is exec producer).

Warner Bros Sets David Goyer, Justin Rhodes For ‘Green Lantern Corps’ (Exclusive)

Last edited:
Ice Cube is Back in New xXx: RETURN OF XANDER CAGE TV Spot

Kid Gets Superpowers from Cellphone in Netflix's IBOY Trailer

Tom is an average teenager whose world is turned on its head when a violent encounter with local thugs leaves fragments of his shattered smartphone embedded in his brain. He wakes from a coma to discover that returning to normal teenage life is impossible because he has developed a strange set of superpowers. With these new powers he sets out to seek revenge on the gang, who also assaulted his best friend Lucy.

iBoy is a Netflix original film starring Bill Milner, Maisie Williams, Miranda Richardson and Rory Kinnear and is available on Netflix globally from January 27th, 2017.

Back