MMA wrestling?

Luke Rockholds (?) kick

Carmen_basilio's_left_hook
@White
Reaction score
Now this is a thread for different ideas on MMA wrestling the differences in MMA wrestling compared to collage, folk, Greco, freestyle. So just discuss what MMA wrestling is first based on my experience MMA wrestling is. right so first of the difference imo is where you dip your head when say you shoot a high crotch or single leg or say a double you want to keep your back straighter then folk style wrestling simply because of gullitines sorry I don't know how to spell that lol, but anyways your head can't be in the firing line for chokes and also punches and knees and kicks. Second the range in a collage match you will see they start close together however with MMA you start of at a different range then usual because of the punches and kicks this is why Yoel vs Brunson we saw Yoel get outwrestled simply because he was so adjusted to the mat range being close up Yoel has gotten adjusted to the MMA wrestling range now but it takes time also Cormier would never lose to Jon Jones on the mat in folk style or freestyle but in MMA punches and kicks and submissions change things another thing to not is that low single are rare in MMA because of Knees you can't do everything in collage in the cage the third thing imo is the cage it's like a third leg for some when they're defending takedown it can enhance takedown defence if used properly, lastly the cage means that there's less space for the person to use there abilities so this is my take on the slight differences no hate just discussions any hate comments will be dealt with accordingly.

Back