MMA would be the laughingstock and not taken seriously as a pro sport if Stipe remains champ

Wasn't there a thread kinda like this for Khabib today (supposedly for Ngannou also).
I believe there are no steps back in the HW division unless Junior Albini counts.

First off, he trains full time.
There are 24 hours in a day, fighters don't spend 8 hours sleeping and the other 16 training.

Second, guaranteed Mighty Mouse spends more time gaming than Stipe does in the firehall. Why doesn't anyone call him a part-time fighter?

Fuck no, it only goes to show how badass he is, works a paramedic (or is it a fire fighter?) And the HW champ of the UFC.

As long Stipe runs/jogs 7 days a week he's fine. And trains 5-7 days, he's fine.

He can put two hours on his rest days, and not go at full speed. He doesn't have to go 100% 24/7, he'll be crippled like Cain.

Is he still a part time firefighter? If he is, that's probably because he likes it. There is absolutely no monetary need for him to have a part time or full time job in addition to being the UFC HW champ so this thread is pointless.

MMA would be the laughingstock of combat sports and not taken seriously as a pro sport if Stipe remains champ.

This is not a Stipe bashing thread. The point is that at this level, guys who are part-time fighters working two jobs or more are not supposed to have enough training time to be elite.

The days of part-time or full-time math teachers, accountants, or engineers being UFC champions should be in the past chapters of MMA.

In no other respectable pro sports do we see the athletes working side jobs and still be at the top, let alone be champion.

If Stipe wins next Saturday, it would be a step back for MMA, because it shows that MMA has not evolved much and the level of talents are still mediocre compared to other respectable pro sports.

It is already the laughingstock of pro sports, mostly because of (Irish) ducking champs

MMA would be the laughingstock of combat sports and not taken seriously as a pro sport if Stipe remains champ.

This is not a Stipe bashing thread. The point is that at this level, guys who are part-time fighters working two jobs or more are not supposed to have enough training time to be elite.

The days of part-time or full-time math teachers, accountants, or engineers being UFC champions should be in the past chapters of MMA.

In no other respectable pro sports do we see the athletes working side jobs and still be at the top, let alone be champion.

If Stipe wins next Saturday, it would be a step back for MMA, because it shows that MMA has not evolved much and the level of talents are still mediocre compared to other respectable pro sports.

If Francis wins, MMA would be the laughingstock of society.
Because MMA is an alternative to boxing. It is supposed to be more complex, because it has kicks, elbows, knees, punches, ground game, clinches, etc..
And Ngannou is that guy with KO power in his hands.

I don't know why they don't market the fact he's a firefighter.

He could go on talkshows and tell about his runs. Firefighters/EMTs have some crazy stories
Yeah man I've thought the same. I think if he wins tonight theyll go that route.

I was also thinking that maybe they tried and he didn't wanna do it for some reason. Seems like a great promotional angle.

Would be refreshing too. A real bad motherfucker who's an awesome dude. Not some dude who plays with balls and acts tough

Yeah man I've thought the same. I think if he wins tonight theyll go that route.

I was also thinking that maybe they tried and he didn't wanna do it for some reason. Seems like a great promotional angle.

Would be refreshing too. A real bad motherfucker who's an awesome dude. Not some dude who plays with balls and acts tough

Stipe will be the first MMA fighter Modelo beer will be featuring in their ads...and the fact he's a firefighter is going to be highlighted, judging from this pic (note the shirts):

Stipe-Miocic-Modello.jpg

What about fighters who also either commentate, run a gym. Some even ref and judge. We've even seen cross over with acting and wrestling.
Why is it ok if the other job/career is in the entertainment industry, but if it's a real career then its bad?

Man, if that's the case, everyone the Stipe has beaten who DO train full time must really suck!

Back