MMA would be taking a step back if Ngannou becomes champ

Who the fuck are you to critique Ngannous skills?

Have you trained with him and seen his ground game?
Just because his hands have won him fights doesn't mean he isn't well rounded.

I'm 100% rooting for Ngannou. Stipe fans are getting annoying. They weren't like this before.
Not a "Stipe fan" but do see obvious holes in Ngannou's game. Forget the ground game, Overeem should have smacked him twice before having his head shot out of a cannon to Bolivia. He chickened out and paid for it. Watch the finishing sequence and tell me that's not true. If Overeem had hit him half as hard as he kicked that little girl in the gym, it might have been lights out for Ngannou.

He will be champ because he is a very good athlete, he has only been training MMA for a few years. As I said in the past if Lebron James trained at a top MMA gym for a year he would be UFC HW champ, without question in my mind. I don't care if you disagree, its fine, thats my opinion. He would probably use them all as punching bags too.
Lol, a back hand on the wrist would drop Lebron for the count! I think we saw Curry drop Lebron with a WWF style forearm.

Machida walks around at 220... duck. Edgar walks around at 160-170.... duck. All but heavyweights and BJ Penn are ducks. You might try to get smart on me and say,"well what about the guys that cut to make the 265max limit?" Hey, those guys just want to fight and if there were a SHW or an open HW, like in Pride, they wouldn't have to cut.

So is every non HW ducking?

You say "fucking idiot" because your anus is wrecked but, yes, even if you weigh 215 on fight night but cut weight the week before to hit the 205 limit, you are a duck. Yes, Rampage IS a big heavyweight. You act like these guys fight and then go home and jump into a bag of donuts and watch Walker - Texas Ranger until the next fight camp. They are in shape, year round.

Sorry, but Anderson and Hendricks should be fighting at heavyweight. That's why I can't understand why guys, like you, like to crap on Fedor and exalt jones and the other UFC guys who cut weight. You've seen Fedor and he could easily pull the chickenshit moves that Hendricks, Silva and jones pull in cutting weight but he doesn't. He used to fucking eats his donuts, finish watching "Walker", get off the sofa and kick ass. Same goes for Penn but I think his go-to snack was pork-rinds.

Considering most of Fedors toughest fights were against smaller HWs and LHWs, he was probably smart to not cut

Amazingly well thought out points. I haven't trained with him therefore his ground game might not be at the level of a puncher who has only been training for a couple of years.

I've seen him get taken down quite a few times btw. He has never gone past the second round and he was already gassed out against Blaydes.

I'm 100% rooting for Ngannou. Stipe fans are getting annoying. They weren't like this before.

Before what? Before he's about to make history and make a step closer to HW GOAT yet people like you think Ngannou is gonna easily destroy him even though he presents nothing but power punches? Stipe fans aren't getting annoying, they are rightfully getting annoyed.

This is not a bashing thread. The point is that at this level, guys who are only good at one thing and rely purely on physical attributes are supposed to be a thing of the past. The last fighter who succeeded that way in the UFC was Brock Lesnar and that was a long time ago. It would look bad on the sport if Stipe loses.

Ngannou: the only real threat he presents are his hands. Supposedly he had some kind of boxing background but he shows very little of it and no jab, the most important punch of all. He's too raw, just look at his footwork. Doesn't really have any other weapons on the feet, doesn't have a ground game(aside from a keylock against a lower level guy) and his TDD is still a question mark. And with all that muscle there's no way he's not gassed out by round 3.

Even if he lands another windmill and wins the title(highly unlikely. Stipe's no shot ArReemski) he's not destined for longevity. He will be figured out quick because he doesn't have enough other skills to fall back on in this constantly evolving game.

Stipe will win by simply being what a modern MMA fighter is all about. Hate to be a buzzkill sherbros.
200_d.gif

??? Its heavyweight , power is the one of the most important tools in that division.. also he just Koed a kickboxing champ and legend..throwing like your claiming he does , doesnt equal a win agaisnt a guy like Reem.. hes a legit contender wtih good striking technique and huge power..stipe is more well rounded for sure and i believe he'll win becuase of it but that first round will be his most challenging round ngannou will be hunting then

Not sure why you point out Ngannou's footwork. Sure it isn't classic boxing footwork but he moves around and positions himself very well.

If he wins, he deserves to be champ. The public already knows that the HW division is volatile.

I think people who think the way the TS does has not watched his fights.

Racist piece of shit.
This. It's good to see that TS isn't fooling anyone with his subtle implications.

TS is one of those POSes who looks at the Ngannou/Stipe fight like some kind of proxy race war LOL. No worries. Just imagine what his face will look like on Jan 20th, around 12:30 pm....

Last edited:

Probably because this is a fight that is fairly easy to call. Ngannou has power, that is it. Blaydes took him down quite a few times and landed quite a few shots on him before the doctor stoppage. I dont think Francis has really evolved this crazy amount like other believe he has. I think Stipe has a home for the ole 1-2 and a takedown. As long as he stays away from Ngannou's power and doesnt lead with kicks, only finishes combos with them, I think he can coast to a late finish or UD. I havent really commented much on HW's because I just don't really like them that much. However, Stipe has shown thus far to be the vastly superior fighter. Don't let this fool you tho. There is a reason the HW belt has only been defended 3 consecutive times. It is because at that size, one big power shot can end it.

It's the same with Big Country, Hunt and others. If you have one punch KO power and almost all your fights end in the KO, no one actually knows if you're a good MMA or not. Everyone knows you can punch really, really, hard though.
Those fighters aren't well-rounded fighters, they never get the chance to show if they are or not.

The last fighter who succeeded that way in the UFC was Brock Lesnar and that was a long time ago.

Not really. He was champ a couple years ago. He beat the brakes of Hunt this past summer...

It would look bad on the sport if Stipe loses.

I get where you're coming from though. But it's all part of MMA. It's everything... technique, heart, intelligence, cardio, and yes, size. That's what make the sport so fun... there is not perfect fighter, and nobody is unbeatable.

People don't seem to bee able to recognise that Ngannou is extremely talented.

He is more than a physical specimen, his timing is excellent.

Most of his fights have been so short, that we probably haven't seen what he's capable of yet.

Ngannou early stoppage.

Ngannou is the future of HW MMA. He's the new breed. Well versed in all areas of the game. The most promising prospect we've seen in years!
  • Hits as hard as a 2008 Ford F150 crashing into a wall at 200 MPH
  • Has JJ that would put Demian Maia to shame
  • His accuracy is the best in the UFC.. better than pro boxers in fact!
  • Being hit by Ngannou is more painful than slowly t-bagging your exposed nut sack into a boiling deep fryer
  • Ngannou has a 3% body fat level at 285lbs
  • Ngannou is the first man to deadlift 1250lbs, bench 850lbs and squat 2800lbs
Source: Dana White

I won't be mad if Ngannou only works on his TDD and his hands...

Lol, a back hand on the wrist would drop Lebron for the count! I think we saw Curry drop Lebron with a WWF style forearm.
Yeah but its UFC, Ngannou or Stipe wouldn't get very far in a toughman competition. Lebron would probably be GOAT in a few fights the way this sport is lol other great top athletes too, if they went to a top MMA gym for a year. In boxing Lebron couldn't get far, but in UFC he could probably be champ with 18 months of training

Back