MMA will never have A-Level athletes

How come wrestling All Americans and world medalists are not A level?
Judo world medals?
Sambo multiple world champs?
K-1 HW GP champ?

you'd be surprised. Most people can't run that 40 yard dash under 5 seconds.
Oh I def know.. I played football in college, tried my hand at being a pro mma fighter in my late 30s, and now teach at Title Boxing.. so I see the comedy often. I make my pro class run ten 40s on our heavy cardio day, as part of my cardio curriculum. Crazy how so many can't even run properly! I end up having to help some with simple stride and hand movement, some I have teach them how to breathe when running lol. It's a shitshow sometimes, but I do have a couple students who I don't grasp why they didn't try other sports growing up.

Oh I def know.. I played football in college, tried my hand at being a pro mma fighter in my late 30s, and now teach at Title Boxing.. so I see the comedy often. I make my pro class run ten 40s on our heavy cardio day, as part of my cardio curriculum. Crazy how so many can't even run properly! I end up having to help some with simple stride and hand movement, some I have teach them how to breathe when running lol. It's a shitshow sometimes, but I do have a couple students who I don't grasp why they didn't try other sports growing up.
thats sick dude. What position did you play in football?

thats sick dude. What position did you play in football?
Right on brother. Played free safety and tailback in hs, but i'm a little fucker (even my wife is 2 inches taller then me), so in college I played corner at Mendocino College and then nickel at Azusa Pacific once I transferred on a partial scholarship.. tore my acl, redshirted the yr I transferred in which was my jr yr and went to the army instead. Turned Pro in mma late at the age of 35, for fun, hobby, shits and giggles.

Until you idiots can come up with consistent definitions of A-level, B-level, C-level, etc., could you please just shut the fuck up?

A Level: NFL/NBA
B Level: MLB/NHL/Boxing
C Level: Soccer/Sprinters
D Level: Pro Wrestlers/Movie star martial artists
F Level: MMA/Bowling/Disc Golf/eSports

it's not hard to win an olympic medal when you weight as much as a 12 year old.
Skill and athleticism isn't measured in size though.

But why did you leave out the fact that if football players are so amazing at everything, why don't they dominate the olympics? Surely they can outrun the likes of Usain Bolt or Galen Rupp. Or throw further than Johannes Vetter or Neeraj Chopra...

Right on brother. Played free safety and tailback in hs, but i'm a little fucker (even my wife is 2 inches taller then me), so in college I played corner at Mendocino College and then nickel at Azusa Pacific once I transferred on a partial scholarship.. tore my acl, redshirted the yr I transferred in which was my jr yr and went to the army instead. Turned Pro in mma late at the age of 35, for fun, hobby, shits and giggles.
Lol I played TE in high school being 5”11 and weighing 190

You say that like you know what it takes to win a fight against these men.

It's a D level sport full of unathletic bums that are content with making 8k/8k for getting punched in the face.

200.gif

even the champions make pennies compared to boxing

Stipe made 600k for his last fight against ngannou while boxer Anthony Joshua made 10 million for defending his title against a bum

LOL

200.gif
Can you define a a-level athlete?

Good

I want A-Level fighters who are athletic.

Not athletes who can fight.

I don't know, man.

I hear Lance Armstrong is going to make a run at 155.

Shertards idea of A level athlete.

images

56b3b2401f00000d012175cc.jpeg

I will preface this by saying I'm not agreeing with the TS but..

That is poor argument, that shows you are ignorant on the sport of football. Linemen have to carry extra weight due to the nature of their job on the field. They are still freak athletes for the most part. Around 5.0 fourty times (or even sub), 40 inch verts, incredible times in agility drills. Ungodly bp numbers. Do you even know who the players are in the pics you posted? They are both high level athletes, no doubt about it. There is a reason William Perry used to run the ball in goal line situations. Wait, you probably don't even know what that means do you?

Lol I played TE in high school being 5”11 and weighing 190
Damn you beat me brother, we had a TE around that size on hs, he ended up moving to slot in college. I am smaller then you, but more relative for the position I played. 5ft 8in, was 186-188lbs during my last yr of college, came in freshman yr at 164lbs. In mma, I fought at 135, 145 and 155 as an am.. 125 and 135 as a pro.

I consider A-Level,all-star level athleticism. Brock might have been able to get there, but if you can't be an all-star in any major American sport, I'm not sure I go with A-level. This obviously is in the context of professional sports. To me, on the street, someone who played any D1 sport is A-level. It's all relative.

That's fair, if you're setting the bar at that level. I'm still not totally convinced Brock wouldn't have made the cut, but that's just a subjective assessment based on what little info I have.

Back