MMA Top Draws (SP scores) as at August 15, 2017

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paul Fontaine (used to post here) has a website & he keeps tracks of all stats.

He came up with a "draw" formula that is obviously not a perfect science, but certainly interesting

http://mmadraws.blogspot.com/2017/08/mma-top-draws-sp-scores-as-at-august-15.html

upload_2017-8-17_5-36-12.png

The SP score is essentially the fighter's "name value" and is one of the tools used to predict future PPV buy numbers and TV ratings. There are other factors such as drawing effect and recent trends but this is the main one.

Where is GSP???

Must consider GSP and Brock retired which is weird as the list has Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock...

Brock would likely be 2nd and GSP 4th on that list

Where is GSP???

Must consider GSP and Brock retired which is weird as the list has Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock...

Brock would likely be 2nd and GSP 4th on that list

Are Royce & Ken officially retired? Is anybody in BFC? lol
I'm sure his site might have something on it

Are Royce & Ken officially retired? Is anybody in BFC? lol
I'm sure his site might have something on it

No I don't think they are. Which makes this list look weird as fuck because GSP is no longer retired and Brock could very well come back but we have 2 guys on the current list from 1993.

No I don't think they are. Which makes this list look weird as fuck because GSP is no longer retired and Brock could very well come back but we have 2 guys on the current list from 1993.

But GSP hasn't fought in years
Also Brock is not "back"
I get that
there needs to be some criteria/guidelines

Good list though. Interesting.

Paul is a good guy
He contributes to Meltzers site
I disagree with him as far as scoring of fights & things like fight breakdowns, but I respect him being a stataholic ;)

Good to see the OG UFC finalists still pulling numbers today.

Hard to take this list serious if GSP isn't anywhere on it. C'mon...

Paul Fontaine (used to post here) has a website & he keeps tracks of all stats.

He came up with a "draw" formula that is obviously not a perfect science, but certainly interesting

http://mmadraws.blogspot.com/2017/08/mma-top-draws-sp-scores-as-at-august-15.html

View attachment 263449

The SP score is essentially the fighter's "name value" and is one of the tools used to predict future PPV buy numbers and TV ratings. There are other factors such as drawing effect and recent trends but this is the main one.
Very interesting material... glad to see Rashad still going strong. Sad to see how the lower classes really have less value...

Very interesting material... glad to see Rashad still going strong. Sad to see how the lower classes really have less value...

I think most of Rashads is due to his past draws
But I didn't go through the whole site to find the formula

I think most of Rashads is due to his past draws
But I didn't go through the whole site to find the formula
Yep... Sad to see him losing 4 in a row. Cormiers name have some value also... Shogun is not bad with 14... i wonder how the UFC matches their fighters based on name value. Hendricks is getting borrachinha now, so...

How is Cormier that high? Is it just because was fighting Jones?

Look who he is higher than
None of them have had his recent PPV history

What about Amanda? She could be so high on the list only because she was fighting Ronda. The list is biased towards the fighters that were fighting bigger draws. It doesn't really show us much about their own name value.

Where's Demetrious "Ray Borg" Johnson ? This list is bullshit.

What about Amanda? She could be so high on the list only because she was fighting Ronda. The list is biased towards the fighters that were fighting bigger draws. It doesn't really show us much about their own name value.

Biased?
All it can be is number based
Nobody said it was an exact science

DJ should be on it, and at this point I'm pretty sure most would rather pay for a Stipe fight than a Woodley fight.

Cool list, kinda weird though.

Back