MMA stars: Current UFC vs PRIDE

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
PRIDE has so many stars - some deserving, maybe some artificially built. But they had a lot of stars

The current UFC has ??? Khabib, Max, Cyborg....? MM?

If GSP, Conor, and Jones were currently active it would elevate the roster like crazy.

If GSP, Conor, and Jones were currently active it would elevate the roster like crazy.
IF ...... they are not. gsp, anderson, conor, jones, honda, lesnar are NOT part of the UFC anymore.

IF ...... they are not. gsp, anderson, conor, jones, honda, lesnar are NOT part of the UFC anymore.
There is a reason why I put "if."

Conor and GSP are going to fight again. I doubt either one will be very active and instead will pick their fights.

Jones has his own problems.

There is a reason why I put "if."

Conor and GSP are going to fight again. I doubt either one will be very active and instead will pick their fights.

Jones has his own problems.

I dont think we will see GSP fighting more than 2 times....and Conor...no way....maybe in boxing

I’m excited about the young up and comers..Daren Till, Zabit, Erick Silva, O’Malley, and so on..

The ufc nowadays is a shit show with no big event or excitement factor. And i feel awful for new fans who have to watch such utter crap and that don't have the nostalgia of old events. The ufc used to mean something. Today it is synonymous with being sub par.

I'd be absolutely pissed if I had to actually buy some of these pathetic cards.

By current popularity standards Pride didn't have any stars in North America. The vast majority of the population thought Pride was a parade for gay rights.

And don't give me the "mainstream popularity in Nippon desu~" speech because it is completely irrelevant. Chinese cartoons are even more popular in Japan but over here they're for autists only. The reality is these so-called "Pride stars" were no more famous than your current run of the mill top 5-10 UFC fighter in America. Nobody knows who they are besides hardcores, and everyone is a star to the hardcores even Cindy Dandois.

By current popularity standards Pride didn't have any stars in North America. The vast majority of the population thought Pride was a parade for gay rights.

And don't give me the "mainstream popularity in Nippon desu~" speech because it is completely irrelevant. Chinese cartoons are even more popular in Japan but over here they're for autists only. The reality is these so-called "Pride stars" were no more famous than your current run of the mill top 5-10 UFC fighter in America. Nobody knows who they are besides hardcores, and everyone is a star to the hardcores even Cindy Dandois.
It's probably why the UFC can promote Stipe has the greatest HW of all time without much backlash because not many casual fans know who Fedor is.

I'm confused on why it's fair to compare a decade of Pride vs current day. Surely you'd need to use the last 10 years in the UFC vs 10 years of Pride if you wanted to make a fair comparison.

I'm confused on why it's fair to compare a decade of Pride vs current day. Surely you'd need to use the last 10 years in the UFC vs 10 years of Pride if you wanted to make a fair comparison.
to show that UFC is doing like shit nowadays,

it makes a lot of sense, UFC has no stars. they cannot produce stars.
It makes no sense because you are comparing a point in the past from Pride to right now in the UFC.

How about we compare right now in the UFC to right before Pride sold. CC had left at the height of his Pride career. Fedor was nowhere to be found and talking about taking a lot of time off. Wandy had just gotten knocked off. Gomi was extremely tarnished. See how easy that was?

you have such a POOR argument.
Not really, dude. The fact that you have to compare 10 years of a dead organisation vs current day of a successful one shows that you have the poor argument. Let's do a fair comparison and look at the last 10 years of UFC. We've got Brock Lesnar, Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, GSP, Anderson Silva, and Jon Jones. 3 of those are names most people would know if you walked down the street in the middle of somewhere like New York or L.A., try that with Fedor or Cro Cop and people are gonna have no idea.

Back