MMA Pro League will host its inaugural event on July 20

It sounds like IFL. Hope it works out better.

Can’t mention IFL without leaving this gem:

need to see some fighters before I decide weather or not to get excited.

I loved IFL but all the changes it went thru, from states to gyms.. endless changes confused me, but at heart it was just one on one combat.

When I first heard team MMA sport is back, thought Hip-Show combat which was confusing in another way but loved that it combined ninja obstacles with MMA.

just read the summary ..
"A team will get three points for a decision, four points for a submission and five points for a knockout. So there will be an incentive to finish fights. Whichever team has the most points after the final fight wins the meet. If the score is tied, there will be a tiebreaker match."
Interesting concept ...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...n-how-the-team-based-mma-pro-league-will-work

Last edited:
I loved IFL but all the changes it went thru, from states to gyms.. endless changes confused me, but at heart it was just one on one combat.

When I first heard team MMA sport is back, thought Hip-Show combat which was confusing in another way but loved that it combined ninja obstacles with MMA.

just read the summary ..
"A team will get three points for a decision, four points for a submission and five points for a knockout. So there will be an incentive to finish fights. Whichever team has the most points after the final fight wins the meet. If the score is tied, there will be a tiebreaker match."
Interesting concept ...

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...n-how-the-team-based-mma-pro-league-will-work

I don't like the idea of awarding more points for a KO than a sub, they should be equal.

you must not have listened to the sherdog radio network back in it's heyday. They played the IFL anthem and talked about it like once a week!

The idea of team competition in MMA is stupid. The unrelated PFL's league tournament format with million dollar purses is way more interesting than this.

This could work if done correctly to promote gyms and gym rivalrys that could make for some excellent hype and fights.

Instead of teams do gym vs gym or I guess you could call them teams but have it be the name of the gym they are representing.Have 5 or whatever weight classes represented so a team consist of 5-7 ppl.Have like 8 teams from all over the country.

Do a season where everyone faces everyone once and guys with most wins move on to a tournament to decide the eventual champions of the division.wins have a points value decisions are 2 ,sub or tko are 3.Team with the most overall points is awarded something and considered the #1 gym until next season......seed gyms from previous years oversll totals.

But it seems for whatever reason any team bases mma org fails with the execution unfortunately.......guess we shall see.

This could work if done correctly to promote gyms and gym rivalrys that could make for some excellent hype and fights.

Instead of teams do gym vs gym or I guess you could call them teams but have it be the name of the gym they are representing.Have 5 or whatever weight classes represented so a team consist of 5-7 ppl.Have like 8 teams from all over the country.

Do a season where everyone faces everyone once and guys with most wins move on to a tournament to decide the eventual champions of the division.wins have a points value decisions are 2 ,sub or tko are 3.Team with the most overall points is awarded something and considered the #1 gym until next season......seed gyms from previous years oversll totals.

But it seems for whatever reason any team bases mma org fails with the execution unfortunately.......guess we shall see.
They did a season of The Ultimate Fighter not long ago with almost that exact concept: ATT vs The Blackzilians gym in South Florida. It was an interesting departure because at least the teams were naturally existing and the rivalry between the gym owners was real.

They did a season of The Ultimate Fighter not long ago with almost that exact concept: ATT vs The Blackzilians gym in South Florida. It was an interesting departure because at least the teams were naturally existing and the rivalry between the gym owners was real.

One of few TUF seasons I watched lol

Exactly like that except more teams.The rivalry and chemistry are organic and the competition heats up as the season progresses.

Less than a month to go and still nothing aside the team coaches, i went to their social media and they are just trying to sell the tickets, no info about the roster yet...
Hopefully we are going to have news the next week.....

Now they moved the date of the 1st event to August 17th

Still waiting to see the roster

sounds like some good old super fight league
man india's mma scene is depressing

Back