MMA Olympics 2014

Thanks for the effort TS, awesome thread! Will follow.

Coming up this weekend:

Team Sweden’s LHW Alexander Gustafsson will face Team Great Britains LHW Jimi Manuwa
Team Great Britain FlW Brad Pickett will face Team Irelands FlW Neil Seery
Also competing this weekend:
Team Iceland’s WW Gunnar Nelson
Team France’s LHW Cyrille Diabate

Last edited:
Technically the olympics is for amatuers. I didn't think anyone would be interested in following this thread if I just used amatuer fighters, so instead I decided alright, I l'll use anyone but champs. It might have been interesting to do this in World Wide MMA discussion and use anyone but UFC fighters.

The Olympics have not been for amateurs for a long time now.

You didn't notice all the commercials with professional athletes?

The Olympics have not been for amateurs for a long time now.

You didn't notice all the commercials with professional athletes?

The teams are set folks. You don't like the teams, you don't have to follow. I used a fair system for making teams and champions are not included.

Sorry to sound like a d but its Great Britain :D

Usually I wouldn't care about spelling errors, but this is fair enough. I should at least spell the names of nations correctly.

The teams are set folks. You don't like the teams, you don't have to follow. I used a fair system for making teams and champions are not included.

What are you even talking about? I couldn't care less about your teams, I was just saying that the Olympics haven't been for amateurs for I think close to if not more than 20 years.

Usually I wouldn't care about spelling errors, but this is fair enough. I should at least spell the names of nations correctly.

In the OP it's spelled wrong, and still I feel like a d :D

What are you even talking about? I couldn't care less about your teams, I was just saying that the Olympics haven't been for amateurs for I think close to if not more than 20 years.

I'm following a chain of responses.

1 guy was upset because I didn't include champions.

I told him I was trying to go with a olympic trend of amatuers being the competitors so I didn't include champions.

You responded, "Olympics actually aren't for amatuers anymore" (although I'd argue that in boxing they still use amatuers) thus supporting his point.

So in an overall response I'm just letting you and all others know, I'm not changing the teams.

You responded, "Olympics actually aren't for amatuers anymore" (although I'd argue that in boxing they still use amatuers) thus supporting his point.

So in an overall response I'm just letting you and all others know, I'm not changing the teams.

Got you, but I was just addressing what you said about amateurism in the Olympics. I think boxing could be the only sport at this point that requires you to be an amateur at the Olympics.

interesting thread.. will probably check back

Will keep this thread in mind. Bookmarked.

Wish we could see Latifi represent his parent's country but it's cool.

Back