MMA Olympics 2014

Dana would never let any of his top PPV stars go and compete at the Olympics and risk losing them for a year due to injury... Not gonna happen

HOLY FUCK that's dumb, and hilarious. AHAHA. Wow, she can't be serious, can she?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/americans-try-to-place-european-countries-on-a-map

Here's the Americans, and for completionists sake- British trying to label American states. Worth the read.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/its-thanksgiving-so-we-asked-some-brits-to-label-the-us-stat

enhanced-buzz-wide-32373-1385507551-16.jpg

My eyes hurt. Greece looking good lol

It's ok if someone can't name all the 50 states and place them in a map ( me included, and I can't even name all the states - not sure if that's the right word - in Greece and place them in a map of my country ), but damn, how can you not have a basic understanding / knowledge of Europe's map ?

Yeah right. Like Georges wouldn't represent Canada. That's a fail

The Olympics already ruined Judo and Taekwondo, why do people want them to ruin MMA and BJJ, too?

Stanislav Nedkov for Bulgaria at MW

Ivan Menjivar for El Salvador at FW

Tom Niinimaki for Finland at FW

Jon Delos Reyes for Guam at BW (Guam is US territory but represents itself at the Olympics)

Beneil Dariush for Iran at LW

Alan Omer for Iraq at FW

Noad Lahat for Israel at FW

Royston Wee for Singapore at BW

Alptekin Ozkilic for Turkey at FlW

Maximo Blanco for Venezuela at FW

And replace Danny Mitchell with John Hathaway on the British team

Great catches. Additions and changes made.

Where the hell is Faber!???!?!?!!?!?!!1?!?!?!11?!?!?!????!?

Change is being made due to me reviewing fight matrix and indeed he is the highest rank American for his weight class. Thanks for the catch.

Ah, alright then.

Although I'd consider Cormier over Browne.

Cormier is fighting at LHW now and Browne at HW. As of 3/5/14 when the thread was created, the rankings at LHW on Fight Matrix have Rashad Evans above Cormier. Those rankings are the equivalent to Olympic tryouts for this thread and while Cormier is great, Rashad made the cut this year and Cormier did not.

Yeah right. Like Georges wouldn't represent Canada. That's a fail

Ummmm maybe you haven't been following the MMA news lately. Georges says he isn't planning on competing in 2014.

Updated with current 2014 records in first post.

U serious brah, or were you trying to get someone to post some gifs?

Okay, you got me.

No seriously...
I know you need 150 posts before an av.
Why do some people have gif avs?

Team Stockton (209) 0-0-0
Nick Diaz 0-0-0
Nate Diaz 0-0-0

Americans talking about geography never fail to amuse me.

I guarantee I have a better knowledge of geography than you.

With that said, these teams suck. Should include champs. Why should our team be punished because we're the best? There are no handicaps in the Olympics. (inbe4 Paralympics joke)

No seriously...
I know you need 150 posts before an av.
Why do some people have gif avs?

I don't know, I just wanted to post that gif. I assume you can use anything you want if it fits in the size parameters.

I guarantee I have a better knowledge of geography than you.

With that said, these teams suck. Should include champs. Why should our team be punished because we're the best? There are no handicaps in the Olympics. (inbe4 Paralympics joke)

Technically the olympics is for amatuers. I didn't think anyone would be interested in following this thread if I just used amatuer fighters, so instead I decided alright, I l'll use anyone but champs. It might have been interesting to do this in World Wide MMA discussion and use anyone but UFC fighters.

Back