Mma myths : Sbg and Edmond are actually good camps despite wat u say here’s why

SBG is a gym missing big talent (except one) that is working with what they've got.

Edmond's was a gym that had multiple talents, kicked the talents out to focus on an elite grappler's striking, made her striking fundamentals bad, and made everyone (Browne, Ellenberger) worse that stopped by, with a proven history of their trainer saying stupid delusional shit.

You judge a coach by trajectory. SBG started nowhere and got to somewhere. Hating them for not having depth is akin to hating the vast majority of gyms. Glendale started somewhere, lost their talent, then robbed talent from literally all incoming prospects. I would be hard pressed to think of a single worse pattern that is possible.

I agree with this post and also want to add that Edmond treated Ronda like SHIT the first months she showed up to train with him. He ignored her completely in favor of his other fighters, and she had to BEG and threaten to leave before he would even hold mitts for her for a few minutes. Why Ronda stuck around only she knows, but the hate he received is well-deserved and well-earned!

An exhaustive list of high-ranked UFC fighters from Edmund's gym:

1. N/A
2. N/A
3. N/A

I want to see if SBG can make Danis into a champion. They seem to be open to others training there whereas Edmund's gym seems more closed off and clicky

1473691653kick.gif

Wonderful to watch. I’m sad that Werdum pissed hot, but I’m happy that he gave us wonderful moments like these.

Yeah, Gokor made Ronda a champ. Edmund made Ronda a joke and an internet meme. Not sure how that that translates to Edmund having a good camp

Edmund is a bonefied fraud for sure. Conor’s camp maybe a little wonky but at least they have a stable of fighters they have taken from the bottom and have grown under him. Edmund recruited fighters that were already good and undoubtedly made them worse.

Back