MMA is a sport. The goal is to win

DS66

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
People seem to forget that MMA is a sport, and the number one goal when a fighter enters the octagon (far and away ahead of any other secondary goals) is to win the fight.

Usman's 8-0 in the UFC. The second longest winning streak in the WW division in UFC history after GSP. Not only has he won every fight, but he's never really been in any danger at all of losing. He's literally always controlling where the fight takes place and is never in a vulnerable position. There's never been a doubt who won the fight when the bell rings to end an Usman fight, and there sure as hell isn't many fighters you can say that for.

He's obviously not the most exciting fighter, and he says some odd shit on the mic, but you have to respect this man. I honestly don't think there's anyone who stands a chance of beating him in the WW division other than Woodley (and GSP if he fights again at WW), so I personally can't wait to see those two mega strong BEASTS inevitably battle it out for the title.

War Kamaru "30%" Usman!

giphy.gif

The goal is to entertain the fans. They pay the bills

No,

MMA is a spectacle. It's a glorified circus.

It's anti-meritocracy so how could it possibly be a sport?

Full Camp Excuseman struggled with 2 week notice Maia and even in the standup got tagged at will by Maia's left hand and even got wobbled.

Even though he is a bit of a troll with his nerdbash hover hand antics, Colby's performance againt Full Camp Maia in Brazil was much more impressive while Excuseman even got taken down by 2 week notice Maia who couldn't even get a takedown on Colby even on a Full Camp.

Blah blah blah...

Dude's boring and when you dude shit like point fighting and GayNPray, people have the right to criticize you.

The goal is to entertain the fans. They pay the bills
If you're not entertained by a man who outsmarts and outmuscles every opponent he faces, then maybe this isn't the sport for you?

Also serious question: are you not going to watch Usman's next fight cause he's not conventionally "entertaining"? I bet you will, if you're a legit MMA fan.

People seem to forget that MMA is a sport, and the number one goal when a fighter enters the octagon (far and away ahead of any other secondary goals) is to win the fight.

Usman's 8-0 in the UFC. The second longest winning streak in the WW division in UFC history after GSP. Not only has he won every fight, but he's never really been in any danger at all of losing. He's literally always controlling where the fight takes place and is never in a vulnerable position. There's never been a doubt who won the fight when the bell rings to end an Usman fight, and there sure as hell isn't many fighters you can say that for.

He's obviously not the most exciting fighter, and he says some odd shit on the mic, but you have to respect this man. I honestly don't think there's anyone who stands a chance of beating him in the WW division other than Woodley (and GSP if he fights again at WW), so I personally can't wait to see those two mega strong BEASTS inevitably battle it out for the title.

War Kamaru "30%" Usman!

giphy.gif

I think he's great to watch. The longer his winning streak builds, the more he's leading toward the inevitable title shot. Yeah he's kind of funny on the mic but again I enjoy it. I think he has a good sense of humor. Most in the division seem to be avoiding fighting him. That tells you right there how good he is - he makes good fighters look bad. He's dominant too - I've rarely if ever even seen him trailing at any time in a fight.

Full Camp Excuseman struggled with 2 week notice Maia and even in the standup got tagged at will by Maia's left hand and even got wobbled.

Even though he is a bit of a troll with his nerdbash hover hand antics, Colby's performance againt Full Camp Maia in Brazil was much more impressive while Excuseman even got taken down by 2 week notice Maia who couldn't even get a takedown on Colby even on a Full Camp.

Dude. Copy and pasting the same post over and over just makes you look like a dick.

In what world did Usman struggle with Maia? Did we watch the same fight? He may have started slow in round 1 but then settled in and clearly won every minute of rounds 2 to 5.

Are you also one of the people who thought Khabib struggled vs Iaquinta?

Yes, you can take the attitude that only winning matters, but then you can't cry about deserving lots of money.

The money is generated by fans who show up to be entertained. Guys like Usman are stealing money from the guys who take the risks to put butts in seats.

Yes, you can take the attitude that only winning matters, but then you can't cry about deserving lots of money.

The money is generated by fans who show up to be entertained. Guys like Usman are stealing money from the guys who take the risks to put butts in seats.
Has Usman cried about deserving lots of money? Genuinely wondering, cause I don't recall reading/hearing anything about that.

Dude. Copy and pasting the same post over and over just makes you look like a dick.

Excuseman had a full camp and got exposed by 2 week notice Maia and even got taken down while actual elite fighters like Woodley & Colby didn't get taken down even once by a Full Camp Maia.

Excuseman is just a bbc version of Jon Fitch.

Has Usman cried about deserving lots of money? Genuinely wondering, cause I don't recall reading/hearing anything about that.

I'm speaking in general about the idea that only winning matters, not about Usman specifically. He's just a recent example of a risk-averse fighter.

In the sport of prize-fighting entertainment matters. Conor isn't getting paid all that money to win. He's getting it because he gives the fans their money's worth every time he fights.

Excuseman had a full camp and got exposed by 2 week notice Maia and even got taken down while actual elite fighters like Woodley & Colby didn't get taken down even once by a Full Camp Maia.

Excuseman is just a bbc version of Jon Fitch.

We get it. You're riding Colby's nuts and don't like Usman. Gonna keep copy and pasting all night?

Back