MMA headgear for people with very long hair

CombatHorse

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Sup dawgs

I've started sparring often and with great intensity, I'm looking for the best headguard I can find (no expense spared) to do what little it can to save my noggin. (I know they don't do much, but I much prefer having one)

Only problem is that my hair is down to my ass and I tie it up in a bun when I train, most headguards have a strap which goes across the crown of the head, making them useless for me

Any recommendations? Do I need one with the chin cover thingy to prevent getting jawed by a kick?

Cheers bois.

inb4cutyourhair, fight me irl.

Last edited:
Boon and Windy has full faced headgear with lacing going around leaving the middle/top completely open for you to put your bun through. I believe Twins has a few with this design as well. Good luck.

Best protection is WINNING gear!

If you're doing muay thai or mma or anything involving kicks, I wouldn't get a facebar / face saver. It'll hurt your ability to see them coming

Winning makes the best headgear, as reviewed by basically anyone who's ever put one on.

https://www.amazon.com/WINNING-Winning-Headgear-Fg5000/dp/B00CZ9PK36

headgear_fg29002.jpg

Bad news - There is a lot of fake winning gear. I'm not entirely sure if the ones on amazon are real. Or if the ones on ebay are real.

I own R2C japanese style headgear which I'm not a fan of and twins headgear which is a little better. It has a chin protector and a pad on the back of the head which is good.

Back