MMA fighters, dominant in two sports?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
I mean not only who competed in other sports, but who was dominant (at least top-2 country in their sport at highest level and top-5 of division MMA, but generally needed to be champion) in their respective sports and MMA.

My list:
Werdum (+BJJ)
Fedor (+ Combat Sambo)
DC (+Wrestling)
Romero (+ Wrestling)
Hendo (+Greco-Roman)
Jacare (+ BJJ)
Askren (+Wrestling)
Khabib (+ Combat Sambo)
Overeem (+K-1)
Cejudo (+Wrestling)

Last edited:
Daniel Cormier, Ronda Rousey, Randy Coutour all olympians

Wonderboy (kickboxing 57 wins 0 loss)

Wonderboy (kickboxing 57 wins 0 loss)
fufu American Kickboxing they might as well be playing ass grab in the park then being called Kickboxing especially by the time he showed up.

fufu American Kickboxing they might as well be playing ass grab in the park then being called Kickboxing especially by the time he showed up.
hey it's a sport

He wouldve been champ had he started at 27 instead of 47...all natty bros, 1000 push-ups a day
herschel.jpg

Holly Holm is/was the ONLY World Champion at the highest level of Boxing, and MMA.

Because Shilt wasnt dominant or at least top-5 in MMA.
and Overeem wasn't a top K-1 guy Semmy is going to easily be in everyones top 3 and was decent back in the day in MMA and I don't see Overeem with a UFC or Pride title.

I mean not only who competed in other sports, but who was dominant (at least top-2 country in their sport at highest level and top-5 of division MMA, but generally needed to be champion) in their respective sports and MMA.

My list:
Werdum (+BJJ)
Fedor (+ Combat Sambo)
DC (+Wrestling)
Romero (+ Wrestling)
Hendo (+Greco-Roman)
Jacare (+ BJJ)
Askren (+Wrestling)
Khabib (+ Combat Sambo)
Overeem (+K-1)
Cejudo (+Wrestling)

That's a nice one.

If you deduce it to the best in both sports, you're left with:

Werdum
Fedor
Holly Holm

and Overeem wasn't a top K-1 guy Semmy is going to easily be in everyones top 3 and was decent back in the day in MMA and I don't see Overeem with a UFC or Pride title.
Overeem won the 2010 K-1 GP. He's won the big one in K-1 but not in MMA.

These aren’t really 2 sports, mma just includes the others

Back