Mma fighters arent "scientist"

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Everyone has their own theory or strategy to stop problems with weight cutting. Whether it is doing same day weigh ins (a terrible idea) or forcing mma fighters into certain weight classes based on their body type.

Listen man fighters aren't these genius guys who specialize in weight cutting. A lot are meathead guys who are masters at fighting not nutrition.

Not every fighter is a gsp or conor who meticulously watches their weight and diet routine. No matter what you do or how you try to fix the problem, mma fighters will find a way to miss weight and or drain themselves to fight smaller guys.

We have to realize that these guys are competitors whose first thought is victory and whose last thought is regulating their weight.

airplane-movie-02.jpg

But how much do they know about groundhogs?

You don't have to be a genius to cut weight. You need discipline, dedication and basic understanding. There's kids on youtube that cut weight perfectly fine.

I've never understood why fighters need to hire Dolce or Lockhart more than once. Just copy what you did the first time. Why do you need your hand held?

I've never understood why fighters need to hire Dolce or Lockhart more than once. Just copy what you did the first time. Why do you need your hand held?

People that fight for a living sometimes have impulse control issues.

People that fight for a living sometimes have impulse control issues.
It's such an odd contradiction because they have immense dedication and sacrifice regarding there training, but you shove a cheesecake in there face and they collapse.

Hey hey hey HEY

Dolce was a bro scientist

Everyone has their own theory or strategy to stop problems with weight cutting. Whether it is doing same day weigh ins (a terrible idea) or forcing mma fighters into certain weight classes based on their body type.

Listen man fighters aren't these genius guys who specialize in weight cutting. A lot are meathead guys who are masters at fighting not nutrition.

Not every fighter is a gsp or conor who meticulously watches their weight and diet routine. No matter what you do or how you try to fix the problem, mma fighters will find a way to miss weight and or drain themselves to fight smaller guys.

We have to realize that these guys are competitors whose first thought is victory and whose last thought is regulating their weight.
Exactly.

One more reason why I laugh at the "If steroids don't work, then why do fighters risk their careers taking them?" argument.

These guys are gym bros. 95% of the training, dieting, weight-cutting, and supplementation regimen they use is based on bro-science. LOL

This is your job, if you're not good at the science side you better hire someone who is.

Same with anything, I can't fuck my taxes all up and tell the IRS "I'm not a tax expert just let me bang bro."

Ts I’m sorry but this is a silly thread.

And you should really give fighters more credit. Most of them are relatively intelligent people and almost all are very disciplined. They aren’t scarring down cheesepuffs and steaks every night

Back