MMA fans in awe of Chris Eubank Sr.

TS started a sherdog thread on the topic of YouTube comments.

Double shit sammich.
Anyone that can weave 90s boxing discussion into the sherdog Heavies section is doing something right.

I'll take a bite on that sarnie. I'm old as fuck.

My favorite part about Eubank Sr., other than his boxing ability, is that he has a cool story for every situation known to man.

I don't mean in any way as a boxer, maybe I pressed that wrong... I mean the posturing and so on - The way other boxers call him "Junior" in a snide way, the way all of the big names get behind his opponents, while grudgingly giving back handed compliments.

I'll admit that I don't watch nearly as much boxing as I used to in the 90s, I dont read the magazines anymore, and I don't have sky tv, but I still retain an interest, and watch the big fights - this is the impression that I have.
I agree for the most part. I remember him on an episode of a question of sport and he deservedly got ripped. He's had a pretty savage time though. He's done serious harm to people wgen he was younger and has taken it on board. Telling his son to do that and recognising through his experience that Blackwell was in trouble. That's the kinda guy you want it your corner.

giphy.gif

About Bermane Stiverne here is the interview. Skip to 33:36 where he is asked about Eubank:

GOATBANK was number 1.

Simply the best, better than all of the rest, better than everyone, anyone i have ever met.

It was funny seeing how excited and giddy Conor fans got when Eubank was talking up his chances, completely unaware of the fact that the man they were fawning over is legitimately batshit crazy and a well noted bullshit merchant.

Brilliant gimmick, though.

Did you see the fight where he was telling Jr to work the body because he could see that the guy was hurt to the head, and didn't want to see the guy get badly injured...

Respect... He didn't want his son to go through the same shit he did after Michael Watson (he put a guy in a wheelchair).
Everybody knows that that's not why he said that. He said that because he was unable to finish him with the headshots, he had no concern about his opponent and when he pretended he did he faced fierce backlash from a lot of people.

Sounded to my like that's what happened... He even says "One, he's getting hurt"... Sure he saw opportunities, but imo it was an act of kindness based on experience... My opinion.

But you are right about the shut he says a lot of the time... It' ls funny to me how people have started loving him all of a sudden....Dude was one of the most hated men in boxing at one point, it's reality TV appearances that have made him a celebrity figure all of a sudden and because he talk the he does... It's.weird.

This really isn't it

Everybody knows that that's not why he said that. He said that because he was unable to finish him with the headshots, he had no concern about his opponent and when he pretended he did he faced fierce backlash from a lot of people.

You can clearly hear him say it in the video... I'm gonna take Chris side on this one, and it's not often I would do this.

Did you see the fight where he was telling Jr to work the body because he could see that the guy was hurt to the head, and didn't want to see the guy get badly injured...

Respect... He didn't want his son to go through the same shit he did after Michael Watson (he put a guy in a wheelchair).

Bullshit. Anyone who watched that live knows it's bullshit. He said go to the body because Blackwell was taking everything he had and was throwing back. We all know what happened but the notion that Sr was saying go to the body to save Blackwell is absolute nonsence

Do Americans especially think that if you talk like Eubank then you are smart? Honestly?

No, it's what we tell English people so they can feel better than us and forget about living in a depressing shithole.

You can clearly hear him say it in the video... I'm gonna take Chris side on this one, and it's not often I would do this.

He's telling him to finish the fight, not protecting him.

Bullshit. Anyone who watched that live knows it's bullshit. He said go to the body because Blackwell was taking everything he had and was throwing back. We all know what happened but the notion that Sr was saying go to the body to save Blackwell is absolute nonsence

I didn't watch it live, but I've ewatched the whole fight... It seems that way to me though.

Exactly right... A Big Rig exactly like Johny Hendricks used to only 10x the size - in a small seaside town famous for having lots of gay people, drugs, and hipsters, dressed like he was going shooting grouse.

eubank-lorry_3480949b.jpg

Funnily enough I used to live in Brighton (neither homo nor hipster) and saw him rolling around in it too... Waving at people like the king of the town!

Then there's his lisp: "I'm an ecthellent boxther... Thisth opponent isth does now wise to my levelsth"
Welease Woger!

I didn't watch it live, but I've ewatched the whole fight... It seems that way to me though.

Every boxer or coach who I've talked to believed he did not try to save Blackwell. Johnny Nelson said this in an interview:

What Chris said was, 'the only way you are going to stop him is throwing shots to the body'. It wasn't out of concern [for Nick Blackwell] that Chris was saying don't go to the face.

"He was saying the only way you are going to stop this guy is by going to the body. That's what he was saying.

"Let's not get silly and jump on this bandwagon and say Chris saw something we didn't see. If Chris could have got Junior to knock him out, he would have got him to knock him out.

"He knew Nick Blackwell was very strong and he was trying to get him stopped to the body. Obviously it is a concern but it was not his major concern.

Read more at https://talksport.com/boxing/johnny...otect-stricken-boxer-nick#y1qjlHD2ow71zqla.99

No, it's what we tell English people so they can feel better than us and forget about living in a depressing shithole.
Wait... You live in America and you're calling England a depressing shithole..?

<{Heymansnicker}>

I used to live in America... It's full of people who have never travelled or seen the world telling me how great their country is... Did you know only 6% of Americans own a passport? That's crazy to me - they think there's nothing else worth seeing because they'e got this image in their heads placed there by media that repeats the mantra "Greatest country on earth"...

You'd be stunned to discover that life is actually a lot easier, nicer, and healthier for its average citizen in many other places.

Last edited:
Every boxer or coach who I've talked to believed he did not try to save Blackwell. Johnny Nelson said this in an interview:

What Chris said was, 'the only way you are going to stop him is throwing shots to the body'. It wasn't out of concern [for Nick Blackwell] that Chris was saying don't go to the face.

"He was saying the only way you are going to stop this guy is by going to the body. That's what he was saying.

"Let's not get silly and jump on this bandwagon and say Chris saw something we didn't see. If Chris could have got Junior to knock him out, he would have got him to knock him out.

"He knew Nick Blackwell was very strong and he was trying to get him stopped to the body. Obviously it is a concern but it was not his major concern.

Read more at https://talksport.com/boxing/johnny...otect-stricken-boxer-nick#y1qjlHD2ow71zqla.99
It's just the "One; you're gonna hurt him" thing - why say that otherwise?

Back