MMA fans in awe of Chris Eubank Sr.

200_d.gif
giphy.gif

I'll never forget seeing him in Brighton getting of a big american lorry (semi truck for the north americans) wearing jodpers and brandishing some fucking cane that huggy bear would have been proud of
Lorry we know whats a jodpers and a huggy bear?

Jodpers are trousers that people who do show jumping wear, huggy bear was the pimp in starski and hutch

Eubank has always been barking mad.. He used to drive around his home town Brighton in one of those massive old American type trucks papping his horn and leaning out of the window waving at everyone as if he was royalty.

He also used to dress like some kind of old fashioned aristocrat in tweed suits and waistcoats wearing his trade mark monocle.. He's completely shot it but always been great entertainment value.

I'll never forget seeing him in Brighton getting of a big american lorry (semi truck for the north americans) wearing jodpers and brandishing some fucking cane that huggy bear would have been proud of

Exactly right... A Big Rig exactly like Johny Hendricks used to only 10x the size - in a small seaside town famous for having lots of gay people, drugs, and hipsters, dressed like he was going shooting grouse.

eubank-lorry_3480949b.jpg

Funnily enough I used to live in Brighton (neither homo nor hipster) and saw him rolling around in it too... Waving at people like the king of the town!

Then there's his lisp: "I'm an ecthellent boxther... Thisth opponent isth does now wise to my levelsth"

Last edited:
Huge ego but an undeniable talent.

Apparently when he started boxing, he was whipping everyone in his gym within 2 weeks.

The trainor at the gym called his father and told him his son would be world champ someday...

yeah heh they're not REAL boxing fans like ME!

heh!

you're so cool buddy, eubank sr is clearly a smart, super knowledgeable, extremely well spoken dude, so what if he's weird.

Last edited:
He said McGreggor would beat Floyd because the "Irish are like Jamaicans" which makes no sense. How does that make him beat Floyd?
It makes sense if you're from England.

Jamaicans and Irish were both considered undesirable immigrants after the war - their working opportunities were very limited and they ended up sharing communities in the poorest parts of the cities, and grouped together... Also trained together a lot in the boxing gyms, which were often cornerstones of those communities besides the pubs and the local market.

This was pretty normal to see in English landlords and pubs up until they made it illegal in 1965.

no-dogs-no-blacks-no-irish-sign.png

So there you go.

Last edited:
When I was a kid I remember having and old VHS with one of his fights on it.

He comes out. Strikes a weird pose, freezes for a moment. Then does this weird little shimmy.

I was wondering WTF was wrong with this guy decades ago.

Eubank woukd be a megastar if he was reborn an MMA star today.

That charisma... The arrogance... The Belittling of his opponents... The sneakiness... He was a master heel... And batshit insane... Way more real than Conor - nothing was planned, he just did whatever he felt like doing, and there was no instagram.

People don't realise how much he was hated back then... He loved the boos. It made him loosen up... Shit like this used to practically have people rioting:

MiniatureOfficialIberianchiffchaff-max-1mb.gif

Back