MMA > BOXING

Not saying the judges' were biased or saying Canelo isn't deserving but I knew GGG had an uphill battle. He is 36, he'll be close to 37 by his next fight. His time is limited. Canelo is the poster boy. He is still in his prime, marketable, has a large fan base, has a lot left to give, and money to make for people.

I will have to watch replay of the fight several times to ultimately decide what I think. They match each other very well, pressure fighter vs counter puncher with power. Somebody's 0 had to go.

You’re gonna watch that crap again??? Lol. Boxing :eek::eek::eek:ss sure like garbage.

You’re gonna watch that crap again??? Lol. Boxing :eek::eek::eek:ss sure like garbage.
Yeah cos MMA is undoubtedly the most exciting sport ever, just like Lewis vs nagannou, GSP vs Hardy, Severn vs Shamrock...i can go on forever. Judge a fight by watching it

It was a legendary fight. One of the best I've ever seen. FOTY

ODLH, Bhop & all of GBP robbed GGG's belts & career tonight

There is no way Canelo won 6 or more rounds

I feel most who scored it for Canelo are too easily influenced by the awful HBO broadcast too. Remember that they can't see the exchanges clearly. Lampley & Max are exclaiming at punches that hit shoulder, glove or outright glance.

TV / Monitors for judges are a must. Make them watch in slow motion. I can understand why people in the live audience may like Canelo's forward pressure but the man coming forward looks good when the exchanges are razor thin & you can't see them clearly.

Walking down shouldn't win fights. Clean, flush punches wins fights.

8-4 GGG, 7-5 at worst... I can only excuse casuals for scoring it a draw

Bullshit like this kills boxing
Legendary Canelo blocking punches with his face!!

Yeah cos MMA is undoubtedly the most exciting sport ever, just like Lewis vs nagannou, GSP vs Hardy, Severn vs Shamrock...i can go on forever. Judge a fight by watching it

I watched Canelo block punches with his face all 12 rds. And Chocolatito fight a quadriplegic!! Way too many rules to be exciting!! To each his own!! By the way, I have 5+ years in boxing and 6 exibition/amateur fights as a teenager.

I'm just over ggg getting screwed at every turn, I feel bad for the man.

You are coming across incredibly defensive
Even the most diehard boxing fan admits judging & corruption in Boxing is horrendous
It's not as bad as people make out.

Today's fight was really close so everyone wants to cry robbery and corruption.

It was legit one of the hardest fights in boxing to score.

Its been a while since there was a title fight robbery I think.

This fight was as much a robbery as TJ vs. Cruz, Cejudo vs. Mighty Mouse, Woodley vs. Thompson, Gus vs. DC and Gus vs. Jones Close fights in the UFC that could have gone either way. I recall folks screaming robbery after all of those, so let's not pretend it doesn't happen every year in MMA too...

WASSUP BOYS

Fuck anyone think that was a bullshit decision?

I thought GGG won that hands down

IMO the judging in boxing is far more corrupt than MMA ... but that’s just my opinion

ROBBERY CONFIRMED

View attachment 436999
View attachment 436989

Disagree. On the whole I enjoy MMA more now. But nothing in MMA matches the atmosphere, drama and excitement of a big boxing match where both fighters deliver, like this fight did.

Ignorant post. MMA has bad decisions all the time. The judges are the same, they are appointed by the commission.

Exactly. This is why some of these newer MMA only fans make me laugh. It’s attracted a lot of people who don’t really understand their favourite sport or combat sports in general. So they make stupid, clueless comments

i'm glad abel sanchez accepted the loss. i wish little g fan could.

Best thing with boxing is to enjoy the sport and the match itself

Then ignore the decision (if no KO)

I love boxing. I hate corrupt judges. Don't judge an entire sport because of those

Boxing is light years away from fighting.

Of course it is, as it’s a sport and there are rules, gloves, a ring, a ref and judges. i hope you’re not implying anything ridiculous like that mma is like a real fight, as it has all of the above

Boxing is light years away from fighting.
these threads always bring out the stupid, by the way how many MMA fighters train in western boxing? Someone should let them know they are wasting there time because its not fighting.

There are threads in the heavies whining about robberies after 95% of every UFC decision. Think about that MMA fans.

Back