MMA > BOXING

but then why not a 10-8 round? or even a 10-7 if it was very close to being over?

10-8 rounds come typically with a knockdown. 10-7 with an additional knockdown. It is rare to have a 10-8 just for dominance, the judging criteria is the knockdown. I think that reduces the potential for biased scoring, and gives definitive universal judging parameters.

You’re gonna watch that crap again??? Lol. Boxing :eek::eek::eek:ss sure like garbage.

I can't too much speak for "boxing :eek::eek::eek:ss" but yes I'm going to analyze the fight again. I don't even know what a ":eek::eek::eek:ss" is; poor Webster. Studying the tape gets you to see things when the hype has died down, and you may make an observation you didn't before.

Nothing corrupt here. IT was a close fight. I thought GGG might hae won because of his output and a couple moments late in the fight, but Canelo controlled where and how the fight went for a long time to start. GGG was fighting off the back foot and didn't really look like GGG until the 10th or so. That's why he lost. Canelo was more aggressive than anybody expected from the start.

And those bitching about the judges, you do realize many boxing judges also do MMA events for NSAC right?

By your logic, arm wrestling is on par with boxing in terms of fighting.

Arm wrestling isn’t a combat sport so I’m not sure what your point is. The old ‘mma is close to a real fight’ argument is fckin nonsense. It’s a sport with rules.

in all the time I work the doors, not once did I see anyone attempt a rear naked choke or arm bar. Rarely saw anyone effectively using the clinch or throwing knees and elbows. And 95% of the time either 1 or both of them were pissed! Have you ever seen a real fight??

Exactly. This is why some of these newer MMA only fans make me laugh. It’s attracted a lot of people who don’t really understand their favourite sport or combat sports in general. So they make stupid, clueless comments

TS is a casual

Theres like 1 fight a year MAYBE in boxing that anybody gives a shit about. The judges gave Floyd rounds where he didnt throw a punch. Seriously? I mean Conor was always going to lose that boxing match but ....WTF?

Boxing is the most corrupt sport hands down.
How many fights in MMA are there that people give a shit about? If a fight has to do over a million buys and get the attention of casuals then there's only 1 MMA fight this year that people care about. Aka Khabib vs Conor.

Oh, really? This must be a combat sport then:

Then, by your logic, arm wrestling (or a slap off) is on par with boxing in terms of fighting.

You've been watching too many low-level fights.

combat sports = waste of time.

a fat guy with 0 training only needs this and you would lose 9/10 times
14829_RPS097-01.jpg

How is this thread wasteland? Legit discussion going on lol

10-8 rounds come typically with a knockdown. 10-7 with an additional knockdown. It is rare to have a 10-8 just for dominance, the judging criteria is the knockdown. I think that reduces the potential for biased scoring, and gives definitive universal judging parameters.
Disagree. There are often 10-8 rounds without knockdowns, and 10-9 rounds WITH knockdowns (if the guy who was knocked down Wins the round, other than the knockdown, then I give it only 10-9 for the guy who scored the KD). Also, I often score 10-10. I had 5 even rounds in GGG-CA. Among the other non-even rounds, I had about 4-3 GGG, but I really can't argue with a close decision either way as any of those 5 even rounds could have gone either way.

Disagree. There are often 10-8 rounds without knockdowns, and 10-9 rounds WITH knockdowns (if the guy who was knocked down Wins the round, other than the knockdown, then I give it only 10-9 for the guy who scored the KD). Also, I often score 10-10. I had 5 even rounds in GGG-CA. Among the other non-even rounds, I had about 4-3 GGG, but I really can't argue with a close decision either way as any of those 5 even rounds could have gone either way.

Knockdown usually results in an automatic 10-8. I can't think of any fights that are 10-8 off hand without a knockdown. They are usually 10-9. However, if we can find a number of scorecards that have 10-8 without a knockdown then.....ehhh fair play. lol I think they should have a third run.

Knockdown usually results in an automatic 10-8. I can't think of any fights that are 10-8 off hand without a knockdown. They are usually 10-9. However, if we can find a number of scorecards that have 10-8 without a knockdown then.....ehhh fair play. lol I think they should have a third run.
I dont remember The Exact Fights, but Many Times, for example, on SHOWTIME, Steve Farhood has 10-8 in completely dominant rounds without a KD, and also, conversely, in a round where, for example, Fighter X knocks down Fighter Y, but "Y" Wins the rest of the round, then "X" would only get 10-9 instead of 10-8. Totally legal scoring and judges have the discretion to do whatever they want. 10-10's are totally legal too, and IMO should be used more.
But I do agree that most judges just automatically score the way you suggested, but I think they should not automatically do that. They should use discretion.

Back