MMA After ACL Reconstruction

GrapeJuiceMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I was once in a deep period in my life where I ate almost no calories, Fapped everyday all day, and the calories I did eat were sugar and horrible food while I spent hours doing cardio...
I was depressed... Id squat too much weight with horrible form and flat feet, and my knees hurt for weeks.... I felt.... Slow..
I remember before sparring putting on Shinpads, how heavy my knees felt. I was sparring a little and my partner took my down which wasn't even a hard take down and my Leg somehow twisted or extended and I felt a pain... I was fine after but Something was off. Turns out I tore my Acl ?
The next day it was swollen... I held off surgery for the summer and had no real issues.
I got in some street fights and won.. I was pretty careful with it but I could still pivot and kick if I turned my whole knee and leg and twarked my body together. But I stayed pretty flat footed when punching just for safety...
Just got Surgery about 22 weeks ago and got a Patella Graft.
Im pretty much squatting with good form btw which is very important guys.. Also dont let your knees cave in. Have your feet facing outwards a little and work on your arch when walking.

Is there anyway I can compete in MMA and not re-injure myself and come back stronger this time around? Im 21

And similar stories or personal experiences?

I took a pill in Ibiza to show Avicii I was cool

Can you compete again or first time? Yes

Can you not injure yourself again? Fuck no, youll have niggling Injuries and maybe some. Major ones

Joints don’t come with a warranty unfortunately. You can get em fixed, but nothing beats original parts.

Did you make this thread just to let us know that you won a couple of street fights? Why should we care?

Did you make this thread just to let us know that you won a couple of street fights? Why should we care?

Won a couple of street fights with a torn ACL. Show some respect to this completely believable story!!!!

He wanted to tell us he tore his acl and still managed to win some games in street fighter. Impressive!

You better make sure you learn the ins and outs of your weakness. Change your style so as to not stress it so much and be able to defend that knee well. build up muscles around the area best you can.

Won a couple of street fights with a torn ACL. Show some respect to this completely believable story!!!!

Well I wasnt saying it to brag buddy. But One fight I chased this dude who stole weed from me down to the subway. I kicked him once which wasnt too much of a hard kick since I didnt fully commit. He through a brick at me that he had in his bag. Missed.. Hit the plastic door ... he ran away up the stairs and I chased him but Lost him.. All infront of his heroin addict white girl. Second time was at a college party town...
Me and this kid fought.. He kept coming to me I kept hooking him... I knocked him down.. He sort of stumbled down... then got up and his lip was bleeding.... I couldnt fully put power into my shot pivoting my leg.. It sucked but yeah... Then I tried kicking him.. He grabbed me.. I saw his buddy walking over im like, "HEY ONE VS ONE" And while Im saying that the kid takes me down.... He does NO damage to me from the top....... I literally flipped him over.. Now im on top..... Im punching him.. Say U done? U done... I was holding back a little. His girl tryna get me off him.. Scratches my face.. Im flipped over and Im punching him from bottom Lol... But His friend KICKS ME LIKE 2 or 3 times on the side of my head like pussy LOL... Then some kids get him away.. and I punch the kid one more time in the face.. and I say "Ok good fight U wanna help me up like a man now" We shake hands.. Hug.. Good fight... Overall..

Ive grown from those stupid experiences.

No. He made the thread to let us know he was fapping all day, every day.

You better make sure you learn the ins and outs of your weakness. Change your style so as to not stress it so much and be able to defend that knee well. build up muscles around the area best you can.

Best Reply thanks! Yeah I also had overdeveloped quads to hamstrings.. Im doin back squats now with proper form.. Hamstrings SAVE your acl... Ima get legs like Tyron Woodley or Mark Hunt ha ha ha

I really thought I was browsing the forum for UFC discussion. Time for bed.

Best Reply thanks! Yeah I also had overdeveloped quads to hamstrings.. Im doin back squats now with proper form.. Hamstrings SAVE your acl... Ima get legs like Tyron Woodley or Mark Hunt ha ha ha
Haha that mark hunt overhand though.
<JonesLaugh>
Also don't tell people about this knee thing unless you need them to be gentle or you trust them not to exploit that weakness and to keep their trap shut.

Haha that mark hunt overhand though.
<JonesLaugh>
Also don't tell people about this knee thing unless you need them to be gentle or you trust them not to exploit that weakness and to keep their trap shut.

Great point.. I deff wont.....

Back