MM less popular due to sex appeal factor?

gammasquadbrockvince2.gif

If it was really about sexappeal it would be about bears like Rothwell & overeem and twinks like Conor & Perry.

Oh
My
God...

Nice try TS. You did get my attention when you used the word nubile though...

No one wants to be MM. Sure, they want to posses his skill set for sure, but don't want to be him.

IDK anyone who wants an albino silver back to pound their body until they look like pastrami and ketchup.

If MM is lacking sex appeal I think it has less to do with the fact hes married and more to do with the fact he looks like a 5th grader.

No one wants to be MM. Sure, they want to posses his skill set for sure, but don't want to be him.
He is the most down to earth and relatable champion, but he's not the type to attract the fans who live vicariously through a fight and a persona.

Just when I thought Sherdog couldn't get any gayer...

Wrong.

Apex heads of family units are all the most popular ufc fighters.

Przemys%C5%82aw-Buta-Joanna-J%C4%99drzejczyk-photos.jpg

2E75850600000578-3319477-image-a-43_1447617086330.jpg

134_Chris_Weidman_vs_Kelvin_Gastelum.0.jpg

Conor, Lesnar on top of his wife, Joanna, Holm are the most popular. Even Rousey with her Pamela Anderson KidRock/Tommy Lee; Schaub/Browne lifestyle.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt most fans become fans of fighters who they want to be. They're fans of fighters who entertain them, and who they can relate to culturally, or personality wise. This is more of a pro-wrestling fan attitude. These are things they think about. Besides, I'm sure there are people who want to be MM.

The reality is, most MMA fighters are not popular, or have ever been popular at any weight class. Stipe is the HW champ, and he's not popular.

MM is just from a division that hasn't gained much attention since it's creation due to a lack of drama, and a shallow roster. It's really not about his size. Many other lightweight fighters who are more popular are well below the average size, but their divisions are more competitive, and so they gain more attention.

I do find it odd that people seem intent on constantly bullying MM. It seems to go much deeper than someone not being interested in him as a fighter. People who are genuinely not interested in things don't continue to argue about them. There seems to be this sadistic pleasure in finding new ways to degrade him. It's odd.

I seriously doubt most fans become fans of fighters who they want to be. They're fans of fighters who entertain them, and who they can relate to culturally, or personality wise. This is more of a pro-wrestling fan attitude. These are things they think about. Besides, I'm sure there are people who want to be MM.

The reality is, most MMA fighters are not popular, or have ever been popular at any weight class. Stipe is the HW champ, and he's not popular.

MM is just from a division that hasn't gained much attention since it's creation due to a lack of drama, and a shallow roster. It's really not about his size. Many other lightweight fighters who are more popular are well below the average size, but their divisions are more competitive, and so they gain more attention.

I do find it odd that people seem intent on constantly bullying MM. It seems to go much deeper than someone not being interested in him as a fighter. People who are genuinely not interested in things don't continue to argue about them. There seems to be this sadistic pleasure in finding new ways to degrade him. It's odd.
I disagree, about size. MM looks small. You can look at boxing and see the same trends. Welter weights (147+) are the smallest you see in the major stars (SRL, Hearns, DLH, Floyd & Pac). These guys, even though that weigh less than the average male don't look small in stature (expect maybe Pac)

Last edited:
If he defeats the winner of Dillashaw/garbrandt and still no big change in his popularity, then maybe

all those hot female teacher who get caught sleeping with their school students would be ravenous for MM

OH MY FUCKING GOD

It's because he's a 5'3" 125lb man.

Sorry. That's all it is.

Back