MLS Finals: Toronto FC vs Seattle Sounders. Anyone watching?

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Apologies if there is a thread up somewhere about this. Is anyone watching this today? TFC apparently broke the record for overall points this year in the league and it's a rematch from last years finals where seattle won in penalties.

I usually do not care about sports but i think this is somewhat significant because soccer is slowly starting to get really big in North America. I hope it flourishes. If Toronto wins it will be pretty significant since Toronto teams never win anything anymore. Perhaps more Toronto fans will take a liking to their consistency but thats another conversation.

Anyone watching this today?

i was watching the last 10 minutes. casual fan i am.

Nice to see, my buddy's girl is a huge TFC fan and it's been nice for him to actually see them winning when he goes to games this season. I'd like to see more kids up here getting into soccer at a serious level, it's a great game and most parents here treat it like a play date.

I'm glad Seattle lost. They didn't deserve it last year.

Is this best of three or just one and done?

For me MLS quality of play is not high enough. They spend more time trying to gain control of ball than actually working out a play.
one and done which i don't really like. I do agree with the quality of play though, there were so many opportunities for goals that were missed that i know wouldn't have happened in other leagues. It will take time but i can totally see them getting better.

Give Stefan Frei some credit in the game last night. If it wasn't for his outstanding keeping TFC could have won by 5 goals or more. TFC played up to expectations last night. They probably had double digit shots on goal before the first half.

Not a big fan, but I have followed the rise from the ashes story of TFC. Complete laughing stock for most of their existence, to best season ever in the league. Good story.

Gonna be a pretty big celebration down in TO. They love the shit out of this team.

Give Stefan Frei some credit in the game last night. If it wasn't for his outstanding keeping TFC could have won by 5 goals or more. TFC played up to expectations last night. They probably had double digit shots on goal before the first half.
That goalie was there only life line. He did an outstanding job under a great deal of pressure.

Back